JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The situation could AND should have been handled better. De-escalation could have been done with just talking. Was the big guy threatening people? Was he armed? Write him a ticket and be done with it.

I think the video is pretty clear about how he was taken down, but what was more horrific was despite the pleas of "I CAN'T BREATHE", nothing was done. You're telling me 4-5 cops can't restrain a guy with choking him? You can even see in the video some of the other cops trying to properly restrain him WITHOUT the chokehold... and trying to move off the guy doing chokehold, but too little, too late.

Lack of proper training and bad decisions = people die.

I give most cops the benefit of the doubt since it's a hard, thankless and necessary job. But if it's a job that isn't performed right, where's the accountability?

ya might want to pay attention to the info provided to the grand jury by the ME - there was no damage to the throat - it was not the cause of death.

I'm not saying that all cops should go out and put people in true choke holds... here is an idea - blame the city and state of NY for loading tobacco with so much tax burden that there was enough profit in smuggling and selling cigarettes from another state to make it worth doing. You can blame the entire incident on the greed of NY and the desire to tax people into not using tobacco....

Swedish, I think an even better idea would be to hold the officers involved for the death of
Eric Garner. Sorry, but to put someone under arrest, means you've taken responsibility for their well being. Yes, they are "criminals", but regardless. Being a cop is a tough, dangerous job. So whenever i hear about cops shooting a man carrying a phone, wallet, or something that is not a weapon "because I was scared", I think they should have never joined the police force. It's too important a job to have cowards and bullies in the mix.

An even better idea would be to have policemen carry their own insurance like drs. for "malpractice". Let them get sued. For instance, the man who was killed carrying a bb gun in a walmart in Ohio a few months ago, was killed by a cop within seconds. This cop was responsible for the death of another man a year before. I'm seeing a pattern.

What part of the Darren Wilson shooting were you impressed about? The technical aspect? Because it sure as hell didn't go down like he said it did.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/unmasking-Ferguson-witness-40-496236

Swedish, I think an even better idea would be to hold the officers involved for the death of Eric Garner. Sorry, but to put someone under arrest, means you've taken responsibility for their well being.

That only applies if the officers were directly responsible for Mr. Garner's death.
The officers didn't make Garner obese, diabetic or asthmatic...

You getting this yet? If I inject an elephant amount of drug dosage, go fight the cops then die with handcuffs on my wrists- it wasn't the cop's fault! If I have a heart issue, run from the police and die of a heart attack, it wasn't the cop's fault!

An even better idea would be to have policemen carry their own insurance like drs. for "malpractice". Let them get sued.

When cops are hired like doctors (contracted out from their own, individual clinics/practices and don't work for the hospital) then I would agree with you on this.

For instance, the man who was killed carrying a bb gun in a walmart in Ohio a few months ago, was killed by a cop within seconds. This cop was responsible for the death of another man a year before. I'm seeing a pattern.

Me too...that pattern is stupid people doing stupid things then blaming the cop for making a life or death decision that you don't agree with.

What part of the Darren Wilson shooting were you impressed about? The technical aspect? Because it sure as hell didn't go down like he said it did.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/unmasking-Ferguson-witness-40-496236

You found one witness that lied...ONE...so therefore the entire story, all the other witnesses, the ME report and even Darrin Wilson, himself, must have been a lier...

Got it.

Last Edited:
I doubt if I will continue to waste my time with this portion of the thread because no matter what you are presented with, it is clear your mind is made up so I do not see you are actually interested in a conversation. Let's start with some of your "questions":

Regarding the Brown family talking for the UN. I have no idea why they would ask them to talk, perhaps you could ask the Nobel Peace Prize winning President drone strike. The UN doesn't do anything useful unless it is lead by the US.

French LE. Seriously? If having your LEO's getting kicked around by the population seems like a good idea well, I just don't know what to say. Officers in the US get more training you would imagine. I know, I spent 480 hours training them this year in different states. Could it be improved? Sure, but it costs money and takes time.

Witnesses murdered? Check even the super liberal Snopes. False.

You laugh at Fox News. I use it as one source and decide for myself. Hannity is too partisan for me, but I like how other shows bring many people who disagree with them for another point of view. They use legitimate dissenting opinions like Juan Williams (who was fired from a liberal outlet because he dared to provide his honest point of view.) Other sources often bring crazy right wing folks and claim they represent us.

It's not about cowards and bullies as you pathetically state in your last post. Yes it is pathetic that you would think an officer in a potential life or death situation chooses to act "within seconds." In three seconds I can pretty much unload an entire magazine from a handgun. Got news from you, most decisions like this are made in fractions of a second. I guess with your logic the officers who were assassinated in NY can now shoot back at their attacker since they are sure he did not have a cell phone, camera, toy gun, pellet gun or something else. Oh, that's right. Their family has to bury them now so they can't.

Done

Sorry! Arrest resistors get what they get! Put your eFfing hands out and shut the heck up! The state is going to provide you with an attourney! Something horrible happens, it's on you Porkchop!

Been off here for quite awhile, and see there's been some recent activity.

For judging the recent Officer involved deaths, one will always need to first take into account the state law for the use of force and apply it to the incident. What was presented to the grand juries is another part of the equation.

Folks get up in arms about the verdicts, but know little about the law and applying it to the incident. Then also want to hang someone when they think the verdict was wrong. You have folks on the jury with no dog in the fight, so it all comes down to what was presented and how they were instructed to apply the law to it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top