JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey now...
I have relatives that think Deliverance is a fine documentary....:eek:

I live in a small town....but we at one time had neighbors that didn't like guns .
Got the "Stink eye" when I carried them ( covered ) into my jeep....
Once they even called the police when I was loading up the jeep for one of my gun displays...
Nothing more fun that talking to the police with a jeep full guns and me dressed as a mountain man....
Sigh....

It ended well that day ...and the officer was actually impressed with what I was doing...so that was good...What was better , was when the neighbor moved.

Being a gun owner is not a crime and gun owners should not be treated as criminals.
Andy

It wasn't the guns the neighbors were concerned with. It was YOU! They were afeared of you going all "Davy Crockett" or "Jeremiah Johnson" on them! Stoopid neighbors! ;)

It wasn't the guns the neighbors were concerned with. It was YOU! They were afeared of you going all "Davy Crockett" or "Jeremiah Johnson" on them! Stoopid neighbors! ;)
Could be....:D
Ironically , that very same neighbor , did enjoy some deer meat off of my grill....
Deer that I got with my Hawken....
Seems like his dislike of guns , did not apply when it came to dinner....:D
Andy

If'n he had come out with his tomahawk and blade, then they should be a-skeerd.
I live in a small town....but we at one time had neighbors that didn't like guns .
Got the "Stink eye" when I carried them ( covered ) into my jeep....
It ended well that day ...and the officer was actually impressed with what I was doing...so that was good...What was better , was when the neighbor moved.

Being a gun owner is not a crime and gun owners should not be treated as criminals.
I carry on my property. Neighbors see me and don't say anything. New neighbors on both sides - one to south is a school counselor, retired Army. To the north is a progressive couple. They see me hauling guns to and from my vehicle, carrying while I'm mowing or gardening, etc. He has seen my safes and reloading area. Never said anything. He pops over one day, sees me wearing a shirt my daughters gave me:
1588517291620.png

He has two daughters and comments on what a great shirt it is. I comment, "well, you know I'm a gun nut, my daughters gave it to me." We chuckle about that. Remembering he plays guitar, I say, I have a guitar I was going to donate to Goodwill, take a look at it and see if you want it." It's this old, Fender Jazzmaster. It looks thrashed because the prior owner went through a punk rock phase and took a grinder to the body and laminate, but the neck is straight, it holds tune and the electrics all work. He is instantly overjoyed at it, "I've been so wanting to buy one of these!!"
Some people are overcome in small steps. Others it takes a cataclysmic event.
As I say to my wife, "be steadfast, stand and watch, smile and wave." The people who wake up will come over to our side.

Did you have a Ruby Ridge (Idaho) incident aka Naples, Idaho on your mountain?

Cate

The main thing that happened on this mountain that might make the private aircraft that fly over it give it some distance was that a few of them have crashed into it - with no survivors. Usually happens on foggy or bad weather nights. This has been happening ever since I was a little kid.

"Took a walk up the road yesterday."

Reminds me of Wyoming, a state I really miss. But I think much of eastern and southern Oregon would be like that.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top