JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Took a walk up the road yesterday.

One neighbor (the surgeon) was helping another neighbor with building his shop by using an excavator to move some drainage rock around.

When that was done, the neighbor building his shop brought out his new deer rifle to show off.

Another neighbor drives by and stops to gab. While that is going on, some visitor drives by.

Pretty soon there are 5 neighbors standing around admiring the rifle, in the open right by the road.

If this had been the city, neighbors would have called 911 and we would have seen SWAT surrounding us and it would have been in the news that night.:rolleyes:

I miss living in the country...except for stores, medical care, etc.

20-30 minutes away - ER is 15 minutes (which I learned when I burnt my arm).

When I had a job, I would see the docs/dentist in the morning on the way to work, and get food/gas on the way home. The rest of the stuff I can usually order on Amazon and have it delivered. Now
I go into town about once every two weeks to get milk/etc. - I try to do all my errands in one trip.

The difference between living in the city and the boonies...

When the toilet paper panic hits, and you run out, you can always grab a cotton tail in the boonies!:s0140:

One neighbor (the surgeon) was helping another neighbor with building his shop by using an excavator to move some drainage rock around.

When that was done, the neighbor building his shop brought out his new deer rifle to show off.

Another neighbor drives by and stops to gab. While that is going on, some visitor drives by.

Pretty soon there are 5 neighbors standing around admiring the rifle, in the open right by the road.

If this had been the city, neighbors would have called 911 and we would have seen SWAT surrounding us and it would have been in the news that night.:rolleyes:
Yep you made a good point. If I tried that on my street, and you're correct, someone would call the law. I grew up country and miss it every single day. I wanted to raise my kids the same but it just wasn't in the cards.

The difference between living in the city and the boonies...

When the toilet paper panic hits, and you run out, you can always grab a cotton tail in the boonies!:s0140:
Pin on Funny shit

While picturing this makes me smile, since I have lived it, I also get very sad. Look at what we have become? I live in what to me is a VERY nice place. Kids can leave their bikes and such out front and they stay there but, if I took a rifle out and others started to join me? 911 would soon be getting calls :(

My older neighbor man is a gun man. WE look at each others guns out in the open and not just inside of a house or a garage. He went to the same HS as my MT husband did. They did not really KNOW one another well growing up though.

I open carried here in THIS college town on and off and ON my own land due to the loose, vicious, feral and so called domesticated (?!) dogs and people dumping dogs ever since I built this house. Many of our friends OPEN CARRY too.

I live in a NICE area too. Newer small subdivision. BUT that does not prevent donkey behavior and dumb bunnies for dog owners or people who just dump dogs. Plus when they see ALL OF THE OPEN LAND BEHIND ME including all of the wildlife and 'lakes' all of the way down, down and down to the river... some people think that private land owned by 2 people, not me, is their own freaking national or state park! LOL That goes for MT people and transplants too.

When a few of us homeowners asked for extra police patrols on and off... I was outside working in the yard with my former Triple K western leather belt, holster and my former Ruger single action revolver on MY hip. WE waved at each other. They have seen ME carry, LE, strangers, friends and neighbors, in this town and I have ALWAYS open carried more than conceal carried depending on where I was too.

(MT gun laws are different when it comes to CC/OC too.)

Do I have some old ladies around here that seem to be VERY liberal, cough/cough, and even some MEN (?!) that may be that way, anti gun, too? Yes. But that is their problem not mine. Yet some of these SAME people are PRO homeless/transient/bums/drunks/dope fiends/etc. GO figure!

I no longer own, shoot or carry handguns due to my physical issues but IF I still did - I would continue to conduct myself in a ladylike and RESPONSIBLE gun owning manner!

And if some people do NOT LIKE TO SEE GUNS - that IS their problem NOT mine. Maybe I don't want to SEE their man buns, dirty, old, long hippy/dippy hair, looking like a vampire - goth creep or some gang person with prison NECK tats and holes all over their bodies including in their NOSE too. And for sure, I don't want to HEAR their anti gun crap and PRO - far left politics too!

Live and let live.

Don't look at me and get offended. Ignore me.

I will not look at you and want to THROW UP or LAUGH on how you present yourself which is mighty STRANGE to me.

I lived in the GL region - boonies for over 30 years with my late husband. NO one got their panties in a knot over looking at GUNS. I used to CLEAN MY GUNS outdoors on a table or in my garage with the door WIDE open even in the winter time due to the gun cleaner SMELL.

Back east - GL region - boonies. After the one, loose, vicious ROTT incident while on my own land - on my own tractor mowing my own grass - I started to CARRY my late husband's HOUSE GUN on me while working OUTSIDE. I had NOT bought my own guns yet or got into guns like I did later on.

On the East Coast, most people had their guns in walnut or cherry GUN CASES with GLASS DOORS so you could LOOK AT THEM. MD, NY, New England, etc. - same as in the Great Lakes region - boonies.

My late Mom's Step Father had more guns that her late Dad did (From what I was TOLD.) and they were in his den ON DISPLAY. I saw the beautiful Step Dad's guns but her Dad (My Grandfather.) died in the 40's before I was born. They had a summer and winter house on LI, NY. Each place had a 'shop' that was apart from the house and garage but sometimes he cleaned his shotguns on a table by an outside brick fireplace - barbeque area. People came over and no one got NASTY about seeing GUNS inside or outside of the Step Dad's place. The Step Dad aka 'Uncle Bill' to me made beautiful hand carved duck decoys too. The upstate people had guns but NOTHING compared to Uncle Bill's homes.

If people, especially GUN folks, stopped acting like they had to HIDE something when it came to gun ownership or CARRYING A GUN in a respectful manner - people would be EXPOSED TO THIS. But the more that they HIDE some things and act as if they were criminals or had a dirty secret - the more NON gun people will continue to be IGNORANT about guns, open carry, concealed carry, etc.

One thing that I did notice about the WEST is even though some of you think it is so FREE and people are so FREE THINKING, sigh, I have seen more GUN people act ASHAMED in their own way of owning or carrying guns especially in some places and in REAL life not just on some forums. Guns are NOT some dirty secret that you have to hide.

I am not being rude but I have noticed this and it is STRANGE to me.

Yes, some of you are afraid or leery of some SWAT team being called about you or some donkey getting upset at seeing, gasp, a GUN which I DO understand but if you carry a gun on your hip in a respectful manner, dress well or are in work clothes, etc. - NO one should give a HOOT about you or your gun. I am not being rude when I say this but I have seen/heard more people say this out here than where I came from. It is pretty sad and I think a lot of it is due to anti gun and VERY FAR LEFT indoctrination that is all around you. Heck, this anti gun 'thinking' has come into MT too. RURAL areas and not just in college towns. I have mentioned this before. My MT born and raised husband sees the same thing too.

WE clean guns outside or in the garage with the door wide open too. We clean them at the range too. (Inside of a college town for now.)

Old Lady Cate

Last Edited:
While picturing this makes me smile, since I have lived it, I also get very sad. Look at what we have become? I live in what to me is a VERY nice place. Kids can leave their bikes and such out front and they stay there but, if I took a rifle out and others started to join me? 911 would soon be getting calls :(

You, your gun friends and GUN neighbors should just DO IT and not worry about what OTHERS THINK.

You and other gun owners should be able to do this without a concern.

You are legal and acting in a responsible manner.

Cate

You, your gun friends and GUN neighbors should just DO IT and not worry about what OTHERS THINK.

You and other gun owners should be able to do this without a concern.

You are legal and acting in a responsible manner.

Cate
I would like too but I feel bad for the poor Cops who would get the call. If the caller was not hysterical and told the truth? It would go out and most likely some Sgt. would say "Patrol check" ie, we are not sending people to that, just a couple people looking at a gun. If the caller was as many SJW / snow flakes, sounded panicking, and exaggerating which is all too common, the police would have to dispatch at least two Officers to check. Which of course is just a huge waste of time. So I do not even carry my guns to my car not in something to keep them from being seen. Sad but this is the world we live in now. When I go to the range I may well have 6 guns with me. If some SJW saw me loading them into my car and could see what they were? The panic in their voice would have LEO's on the way. :rolleyes:

Airplanes fly over, but this neighborhood has a reputation on the mountain (seriously, it does - due to past incidents), so they keep their distance. :D

Did you have a Ruby Ridge (Idaho) incident aka Naples, Idaho on your mountain?

Cate

I would like too but I feel bad for the poor Cops who would get the call. If the caller was not hysterical and told the truth? It would go out and most likely some Sgt. would say "Patrol check" ie, we are not sending people to that, just a couple people looking at a gun. If the caller was as many SJW / snow flakes, sounded panicking, and exaggerating which is all too common, the police would have to dispatch at least two Officers to check. Which of course is just a huge waste of time. So I do not even carry my guns to my car not in something to keep them from being seen. Sad but this is the world we live in now. When I go to the range I may well have 6 guns with me. If some SJW saw me loading them into my car and could see what they were? The panic in their voice would have LEO's on the way. :rolleyes:

Crikey! I feel sad just hearing that. I mean NO offense to you but it makes me SAD.

Dang, I CARRIED a LOT of my former guns from my brand new built apartment complex (MT) to my former suv before I built this house (MT). I was on the third floor with GREAT views!

When I camped and lived in the Sapphire Mountains (MT) in the rented, tiny log cabin on a private ranch BUTT up to the wilderness - I did the same thing. Camped - one side of the mountain road. Log Cabin - one other side of the mountain road. Same privately owned ranch.

My MT husband and I carry a LOT of guns in and out of our house and NOT just load something INSIDE of the garage. He wants to keep his pick up truck outside and his car is in the garage. I no longer drive.

I used to keep ALL of our vehicles inside of a huge garage with a loft back in farm country - GL region but I loaded up stuff with the door open OR closed.

GL Region, when I traveled to an indoor range (Another county - 30 plus miles one way.) or to my rural Sportsmen's Club (Another county - less than 15 miles from my former house.) in the boonies - I usually took 10 to 15 guns on ONE TRIP. Maybe all of my handguns. Sometimes my rifles (I only owned 3 back there.) and LESS handguns. Yes, some people would have called that an ARSENAL or some dumb name. LOL

Take care and have a nice Sunday.

Cate

Last Edited:

Yeabut tell us about the banjos after, Lenny!

Hey now...
I have relatives that think Deliverance is a fine documentary....:eek:

I live in a small town....but we at one time had neighbors that didn't like guns .
Got the "Stink eye" when I carried them ( covered ) into my jeep....
Once they even called the police when I was loading up the jeep for one of my gun displays...
Nothing more fun that talking to the police with a jeep full guns and me dressed as a mountain man....
Sigh....

It ended well that day ...and the officer was actually impressed with what I was doing...so that was good...What was better , was when the neighbor moved.

Being a gun owner is not a crime and gun owners should not be treated as criminals.
Andy

One of our neighbors down the road aways has a belt fed F/A that he likes to shoot on his property. The only thing that happens around here when it goes off are fist bumps and looks of envy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top