JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It gives you a heads up, and you then have a choice whether or not you want to associate with an ignorant turd. People who use made up words like "shottie", and cannot spell simple words or know the difference between their, there, they're, sell or sale, are all telling us they are lazy or have no education. Society judges them without them realizing it. They have difficulty finding a job or even holding a conversation, and they don't wonder why because they only associate with their own kind.

I really like the ones who do realize what's going on and missuse the terms defiantly! " I'll call them what I want and to heck with anyone that doesnt like it!" that just says to me, " I'm hillbilly ignorant and Im proud of it!"

PS: While I tend to be a stickler for correct nomenclature I don't get on my high horse over a persons speech! If I am talking to an obvious newb, and I think that most of us can detect when that happens, I just explain the difference to him or her in a nonjudgmental way. Those folks have invariably been thankful. Or, maybe they just haven't ever spoken to anyone so old before!

Last Edited:
My old man still uses the term "clip" to describe a mag. I have thought about correcting him but he would probably hit me with one of his many pistol shooting trophies. To be fair he won them with a revolver and a TC ( Creedmore 50, 100 and 200 yds).

What would you call a space with fire sprinklers and B61's ?
How would you distinguish that from a metal box of small arms ammo concisely and quickly?
The textbook words can cause dangerous confusion sometimes. Don't hate on the clip guys.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top