JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think a lot of people know the difference. They just may be like myself: you grow up listening to the wrong jargon, and even if you know the difference, in regular conversation it's hard to catch it.

I didn't know the difference until I got my first gun and came here to ask if it was OK to leave the clip loaded long-term. I learned quick though! But yeah, watch tv and movies, listen to rap, and they almost always call magazines clips.

I know there are a lot of people who have never been told the difference or grew up calling them clips. Even though its no fault of their own, still bugs the hell out of me. Just like when someone says they have something for "sell", or want to "sale" something.

I know there are a lot of people who have never been told the difference or grew up calling them clips. Even though its no fault of their own, still bugs the hell out of me. Just like when someone says they have something for "sell", or want to "sale" something.

Usually

935284_480254685390101_1756882597_n.jpg

I sometimes try to get under my buddies skin by saing I need to buy more bullets to put in my clips, and if I should bring my shotty so we can skeet shoot. Probably not the best thing to do before we go shooting together, but I can't help myself!

Not knowing the diff just means another gun newbie that hopefully will start voting pro-gun! It could also mean an ill informed lib wanting to take away your gun rights. What's important is to be nice and patient with the new gun owner. While you're kindly telling him what a clip actually is, explain to him about the threats to his freedom to own and use a firearm. Don't alienate the gun novices, we need all the support we can get.

It's tough listening to someone who insists on using incorrect terms. Someone who talks about getting into his car when he's getting into his truck, a person who lives in an apartment calling it a house, a person shooting a revolver and calling it a pistol all give you a little hitch when you're trying to take them seriously. No, it's not the end of the world, just makes you wonder why people insist on using the wrong terms when they know better. What do you think of a person who asks a Jew where he goes to church?

When Obama got re-elected, I started picking up large clips here and there.

Jumbo-and-Large-Binder-Clips.JPG

Eventually I had stockpiled more than any one person would ever need.

large-clips-t1.jpg

So then I started buying them for my GF instead.

c1.jpg

It gives you a heads up, and you then have a choice whether or not you want to associate with an ignorant turd. People who use made up words like "shottie", and cannot spell simple words or know the difference between their, there, they're, sell or sale, are all telling us they are lazy or have no education. Society judges them without them realizing it. They have difficulty finding a job or even holding a conversation, and they don't wonder why because they only associate with their own kind.

It's also, sometimes, an age thing. Many WWII veterans will refer to them as "clips" because they used en bloc clips...and just carried that with them. Now, YOU can tell a guy that fought through the jungles of the South West Pacific he's wrong, or just live with it...

Also, as I've said before, it depends on location and context. If I'm on a destroyer and someone says magazine, I don't think they are talking about the bullet holder for their pistol, but rather the main powder magazine (or whatever destroyers have now, missile magazine?)...is it more important to be "right" or just to know what we're talking about? Sure, for some people there is a difference, but for many people they are synonomous.

Some people just enjoy being pendantic (marked by a narrow focus on or display of learning especially on trivial subjects).

I didn't know the difference until I got my first gun and came here to ask if it was OK to leave the clip loaded long-term. I learned quick though! But yeah, watch tv and movies, listen to rap, and they almost always call magazines clips.
Thats because they're ignorant.. Or in the rap community's case.. Idiots.
Be it by choice (the media) or misinformation (the media).

Thats because they're ignorant.. Or in the rap community's case.. Idiots.
Be it by choice (the media) or misinformation (the media).

If the media is trying to accurately depict real life, then calling magazines clips and other crimes against the language is their job. It would be strange to show a common street thug use perfect English in a movie script wouldn't it? You want colloquialisms?, try working/living in the South for a while. No matter what the make, a forklift is a HYSTER and "they don't care how you do it up north!" are just a few things you learn pretty quick.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top