JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My grandather was the original user and "supplier" to my fathers generation and mine. Must have been in the late 70's to early 80's(?). No idea what he was paying back then, but when it fell to me to be the new supplier for the third generation I seem to recall paying something around $13(?) or $17(?). Seeing they are running around $20-ish today... I would say that's one bubblegum of an incredibly good deal for what it's capable of. I dunno if the steel is the same these days (noticed they do one in SS now, too), I would have to do a search on that, but considering the 5th generation will be ready to start earning theirs within the next decade maybe it's time to pick up a few before they can't be had of any similar quality any more.

Either that or start recycling those previously owned by those who have retired to the great hunting grounds. ;)
I think they are still $16 at bi-mart last I looked

look at eBay, type old-timer sharp finger in the search bar, there are some pretty darned good deals, if it is going to be up to you to supply knives.
eBay scares me. The proliferation of knock-off's is so vast that even taking beyond reasonable due diligence you can still get shafted. I found out the hard way trying to pick up a second strongarm. I even consulted a website with detailed photos showing how to identify knock-offs of that particular knife. Avoiding all the obvious knock-offs and those that appeared to be savings too good to be true, considering the lack of availability at the time.... what I ended up with for a reasonable market value price of an authentic strongarm... was a very good flippin knock-off!

Almost as if the conterfeit folks where reviewing the same knock-off identification website I had and corrected the multiple tell-tale signs listed.

If I didn't already own one to physically compare side by side I doubt I would have been able to know the difference right out of the box. Considering the limited availabliity, which is why I was looking on ebay in the first place, and just to satisfy my curiousity I opted to keep it for a substantial partial refund. It was quite obvious from the get go that it is was highly inferior, though. Under much lighter use than my personal strongarm it requires sharpening at least 3-4 time more frequently and the black finishing started to wear away almost immediately after the first cleaning. Not to mention, requiring much more effort to clean in the first place. At present, it looks like a knife that's been to war and back while my authentic Gerber barely shows the signs of regular use.

For a $15, all in, knock around back up knife that now lives somewhere in my truck tool box... that happens to strongly ressemble a strongarm... it's fair. A $60 (at the time) very high quality field knife that far performs beyond it's price point... it most certainly is NOT.

$16 for a brand new sharpfinger at Bi-mart is looking REAL good!! 🤣👍

Direct from Finland. Terävä Jääkäripuukko 110 carbon and Skrama 200 nicknamed (Skramadoo)

thumbnail_IMG_0530.jpg

I do a few combinations and a solo, my solo is a Cold Steel Master Hunter with CPM 3V my combo is a Mora companion and Cattaraugus 225Q or a Mora and a hatchet.

Last Edited:
Chris at Iron Ridge made the blacksmith knife for me. There's a NOS Colt bayonet in there, the Browning bowie is Chinese crap, but it's stamped Browning so...
The Rat 4, the Esee Junglas and the Ontario TAK have TKC custom scales.
Only a few have been used, most are pretty minty.
I live in the woods and no longer camp, so I may trade or sell some since they just sit in a drawer. It's a waste of good knives.

View attachment 891899
i love that KA BAR there, it looks like a WWII mess knife mated with a mexican speed wrench and had a bastard war child. any idea what specific model it is?
man... I might have to post some pics here, I actually try not to but I have a few. I also have a couple that are folders that if i didnt tell you, you'd probably never know.

The smaller Toor Viper I carry everyday "EDC" and the larger Toor Anaconda I just purchased to use in a more utilitarian manner.

View attachment 893557
i take it you like the bigger one?
I'm looking for a good plate carrier rig knife and have been looking at these and the darter from haley:

Id LOVE any other input or suggestions if anyone has some. TIA!

My go to knife brand for fixed blades is Morakniv. Just can't beat them for the insane price to quality ratio in my opinion.

Here's the Morakniv fixed-blade that lives in my everyday bag (I patinaed the carbon steel blade):

Mora.jpg

My go to knife brand for fixed blades is Morakniv. Just can't beat them for the insane price to quality ratio in my opinion.

Here's the Morakniv fixed-blade that lives in my everyday bag (I patinaed the carbon steel blade):

View attachment 1191782
I accidentally patinaed one of these recently myself. I was going to try and re-polish it with a dremel and buffing wheel.

I accidentally patinaed one of these recently myself. I was going to try and re-polish it with a dremel and buffing wheel.
I did the same thing to my first high carbon steel Morakniv knife. Fixing that mess took quite a lot of steel wool and elbow grease.

Now all my new Moraknivs get the boiling vinegar treatment right when I get them.

i take it you like the bigger one?
I'm looking for a good plate carrier rig knife and have been looking at these and the darter from haley:

Id LOVE any other input or suggestions if anyone has some. TIA!
Well I have the bigger one (the Toor serpent) up for sale right now.

Well I have the bigger one (the Toor serpent) up for sale right now.
You think Travis H. asked the Toor boys to delete the ring from handle design for a reason? Or just to be different in an obvious and visible way?
I've been wanting to pick up a couple of those ring handle fixed blades, just to see what they're all about.

You think Travis H. asked the Toor boys to delete the ring from handle design for a reason? Or just to be different in an obvious and visible way?
I've been wanting to pick up a couple of those ring handle fixed blades, just to see what they're all about.

They do a much better job explaining it. Or at least their reasoning behind the rings. Why Travis had it removed I don't know… I do know with his name on it the price tag becomes much heavier. Haha

They do a much better job explaining it. Or at least their reasoning behind the rings. Why Travis had it removed I don't know… I do know with his name on it the price tag becomes much heavier. Haha
Finally watched the video (1 minute is perfect amount of time) .
I reckon it's like finger groove grips, either a great fit or horrible one. Most finger groove grips I've changed out. But the ones that fit my hand are very helpful.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top