JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As long as we're talking about Bowies, here's mine, a new D-Guard. It arrived yesterday from Chris (@2Wheels4Ever) at Iron Ridge Ranch.

I supplied the antler and some basic input, but Chris truly designed and created a beautiful beast of a knife.
It's hand forged 5160 steel, the blade is about 10.5", about 2.75" wide and it weighs 2.4lbs. He also made the sheath.
I wanted a button type of sheath that you can slip behind your belt for such a large knife. In the old days it went behind a sash and was sometimes called a sash sheath.

He sent me pics of the work in progress but I don't want to clutter up the thread, so here's the basics.

IMG_20210604_154013.jpg IMG_20210604_153721.jpg IMG_20210604_153738.jpg

Last Edited:
As long as we're talking about Bowies, here's mine, a new D-Guard. It arrived yesterday from Chris (@2Wheels4Ever) at Iron Ridge Ranch.

I supplied the antler and some basic input, but Chris truly designed and created a beautiful beast of a knife.
It's hand forged 5160 steel, the blade is about 10.5" and it weighs 2.4lbs. He also made the sheath.
I wanted a button type of sheath that you can slip behind your belt for such a large knife. In the old days it went behind a sash and was sometimes called a sash sheath.

He sent me pics of the work in progress but I don't want to clutter up the thread, so here's the basics.

View attachment 898975View attachment 898983View attachment 898992
The Brutal Beauty! May it serve you well.

ESEE Junglas, love it. I mainly got it because I kept finding myself chopping wood with my hatchet in the dark. Its much easier to safely Baton in cold and wet environments compared to chopping. Good for clearing like a Machette too. I plan on making a Kydex holster for my NAA Mini Master to bolt up to the knife sheath. Pretty slick combo!

20210610_213834.jpg 20210610_213802.jpg

Last Edited:
Bushmaster Bushcraft Survival 1095HC with a surprisingly nice leather sheath. My new Budget bushcraft knife. The OKC Field I posted above will go to my son.

thumbnail_IMG_0108.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0109.jpg

I like and own a Condor tool, them South Americans make good machetes. Oregons west side heavy brush a tool like that works well. Imho

Edited to add, this is my Condor

Those folks in El Salvador seems to know what they're doing!

I've been eyeing a few Condors for some time now.

Those folks in El Salvador seems to know what they're doing!

I've been eyeing a few Condors for some time now.
The jungles on the wet side of Oregon i take my Condor to make my way through. Briar and stinging nettles are no fun as you go to retrieve your downed game.

Camping I use a hatchet or axe but moving through our jungles that Condor is my ticket.

Fits perfect on the side of my pack.

I followed this guys lead on my hunting pack, notice he has the same Condor.

Last Edited:
I had a Condor Parang machete sometime back and don't know what became of it. I really liked that thing! Condor makes some great blades.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top