JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting news and I don't have Facebook but now I'm curious about what happens
that was fast...

5C6F9F1C-5CFA-40A1-9836-69BF5474D874.png

will post updates if i get in

View attachment 1117148
I actually got on Facebook. Weird. When I attempted to reactive my account a couple years ago it didn't work. I'm in the group now, and there's a lot of pissed off people. I feel bad for the people who spent thousands on their memberships.

One person chimed in that they're at Front Sight right now taking a class, and even the INSTRUCTORS didn't know this was going on! They found out from the students! They're boned.

Huh. There's a nice gentleman that has been trying to give me a membership to this place for about a year now... I always turned it down because it seemed like a bit much for a "tip" at work, as well as that I don't think I'll be driving to Nevada often enough to make it worthwhile. Good to know the ol instincts were right.

Huh. There's a nice gentleman that has been trying to give me a membership to this place for about a year now... I always turned it down because it seemed like a bit much for a "tip" at work, as well as that I don't think I'll be driving to Nevada often enough to make it worthwhile. Good to know the ol instincts were right.
Well, if he was giving it to you, there wasn't much of a cost or risk to you. It also points out just how worthless they were if that guy was going to give you one AND that even for free, you didn't want it. Tens of thousands of those Bonus memberships that First Family members could sell for big bucks and they( me too) can't give them away.
$20,000 value indeed.

Last Edited:
just make sure you give them fake address, email, and phone number for your "free" membership.. otherwise you're likely to be spammed. a LOT.

I did get a lot of friends and family into classes back in the day with the "Free" 2 and 4 day class certificates. But actual memberships? I never sold one. I traded one to my nephew for lunch at McDonald's. He used it for a couple classes, so we both got a good deal in that transaction. But other than my nephew, I couldn't give those memberships away.

It would only be a good tip if you wanted to use the training. The training was good for a starting shooter. But it was very "controlled". The trainers had to stick to an exact script. If you ask questions outside of the script you would not get answers. But they gave good basic information, and good practice lessons.

My work used to take me through Las Vegas a lot. So when one of my customers offered a Free training class I took him up on it.
I got well more than I was promised, in the live fire range there was an instructor for about every 5 students. The students that were having problems got more one on one. This was some time in the mid 90's.

But the load of advertising I got over the years would fill a few trucks!
It was and is a Multi Level Marketing scheme.
And for all the people saying this is the end.... He will just reform the business and start building a new pyramid! In the lawsuit he will offer former members a new place higher up for a discounted price, and for those already knighted, he will offer them a one time chance to be shooting Royalty! And so it will be again! DR

The latest news is Piazza put all this restructuring on hold Wednesday. No daily fees. No membership maintenance fee. No one is loosing their life membership. I wonder if the threat of lawsuits made him freeze in his tracks. Or I bet the raising fee talk was the scam to get people to donate more money.

Listened to local a.m. radio when I first moved away from "bad" Oregon to "good" Arizona, as far as gun rights. Regularly heard advertisements for Free, yes Free, multiple day training classes at Front Sight. Offer included family members. At the time thought of my grandmother's wisdom, "there is no such thing as a free lunch." Did wonder how FS could afford radio time and give something of value away for free. Now this thread confirms my suspicions.

I was never to FRONT SIGHT.

I do know a man, a good friend, who went there and he enjoyed his time there. I think that he went with a couple of friends. This was years ago. I know this man offline and he lives in this state. My husband and I talk to him on and off. We do not see each other that often but we do talk on the telephone. He lives several hours away from us. My husband has known him for over 20 some years.

I have read about some online posters who used FS a LONG time ago and they had a nice time there.

I do NOT think that they had memberships and maybe they went as GUESTS? Freebie deal? Beats me!

When I mentioned this on other forums and maybe here (? I CRS if I did this HERE or not.), some poster accused me being a salesman or promoter of FS which I am NOT and never was. When I stated that I was not a salesman or a promoter - the poster basically accused me of being a liar in HIS own way. Crikey!

I have NEVER BEEN TO AZ OR CA or to MANY other western or southwestern states. I did visit WA and OR though for a short and hurried up trip ONE time though years ago. I was thinking about visiting AZ and some other states for the scenery but I have NOT made it to them. My MT husband was to them many years ago long, long before I knew him. I even asked BBB about AZ too. Some of my late friends went to a big gem show in AZ or some other western state and they camped in AZ for a few years on and off. They live in blizzard country back east. They can't travel like they USED to be able to travel due to their health and age now.

In fact, I NEVER even heard of FS until I was on some gun forums. And the ONLY way I knew about my friend up north going to FS was because he TOLD my husband and I about it. He was in the military, he is a good shooter and he was into guns since he was a KID. He is in his middle/late 70's now. From my memory, he was only to the FS time ONE TIME. He enjoyed his time there.

Some conservative radio shows HERE in Montana, local and national shows, in town and on the WWWeb advertised the FS company's range. A couple of them ran ads for 'deals' or gifts or some such thing.

With that said, I have known very few people who went to places for FREE weekends where some real estate company wants you to buy or build a place not just a TIME SHARE DEAL but a regular house or condo or cabin. I only know about a few of those things since they NEVER interested me.

This sounds like one BIG financial MESS to me even though I have NOT FOLLOWED it closely.

Another thing, I thought that a person has so many days to BACK OUT of a deal or contract so if they want OUT - they can just say, "NO thank you!" Make it official on PAPER, in person and on the telephone.

Cate

Last Edited:
Listened to local a.m. radio when I first moved away from "bad" Oregon to "good" Arizona, as far as gun rights. Regularly heard advertisements for Free, yes Free, multiple day training classes at Front Sight. Offer included family members. At the time thought of my grandmother's wisdom, "there is no such thing as a free lunch." Did wonder how FS could afford radio time and give something of value away for free. Now this thread confirms my suspicions.
I have heard those ads here in Montana in the past too. Local talk radio show ads and national radio show ads - break times.

So have my friends and my MT husband.

Those ads or deals were on some WWWeb conservative and libertarian online radio shows in the past too.

Plus they had ads that if you contributed some money to a RADIO show (Membership NOT the free shows or free podcasts.) that they would THROW IN a FS gift of some type. What exact type GIFT it was... I CRS now.

Cate

Well, one thing I CAN say is that due to national outrage among the membership, old Iggy has walked back his "restructuring" for the moment. The Facebook group created for keeping up to date with the shennanigans seems to now be waiting with bated breath for the other shoe to drop.

Every time I was down there I always wondered where the revenue stream was to support such a large place. I never would have had an issue paying reasonable fees for the training I received there.

While any training facility can be good because it helps people get better and I'm sure lots of people got great training there, years ago when I heard about front sight all I could think about was an old movie called the survivors staring Jerry Reed and Robin Williams. Robin ends up going to a survivalist Camp run by a guy that's literally just using it as a marketing tool to make money. It's quite a funny movie for the time. The two funniest scenes for me are when Robin brings the wrong bullets to a firefight and of course the ending where you find out the true intent of the owner.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads