JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hmm. I haven't paid that close attention to the Mayan prophecy (Is it considered a prophecy? Or did they just decide to stop writing dates on their calendar coincidentally on that day?)

I thought I heard someone say it was the 22nd anyway. Where does this info come from?

Personally, I fear people's reaction to it more than the prophecy itself, just as I fear our own government more than I fear terrorists.

I think I'll call in sick the 21st just to be off the roads that day.

We'll make popcorn and watch Armageddon.

I plan on partying like its the end of the world
with my red solo cup

Red solo cup I fill you up
Let's have a party let's have a party
I love you red solo cup I lift you up
Proceed to party proceed to party

Red-Solo-Cup.jpg

Red-Solo-Cup.jpg

The things people will / might do causes me more concern than the remote possibility that it might be the end of something. I am certain that it will be the end for some based on the simple fact that thier behaviours may just make it a reality. I imagine people will be prepared to protect themselves. To me the safest place is somehwere away from people for the day.

Since I work from home on that day it should be pretty quiet hpefully.

James Ruby

Hmmm... I am confused by all of this. Is the last day on the Mayan calendar the 21st? Does that mean there will be destruction on the 21st, or, does that mean the destruction on the 20th and the 21st will be the day of "judgement"? Or, does it mean the 21st will be the day of destruction and the 22nd the judgement day. Or, does it mean the 21st will be another normal day and the 22nd will be the destruction day?

I just don't know what to do on each day! Should I schedule my vacation days for the 21st and just call in sick on the 20th if necessary?

I'm supposed to drive to Bend after work on the 21st. Then Newport on the 22nd. Should I take my dog? I really hate having him in the car 'cuz he sheds really badly. I have heard dogs can smell zombies tho and he may be an asset.

What to do?

It appears that if anyone actually knows the truth they arent speaking up - so most of us wont have a clue until the day comes and passes. Like most scenarios. I do not expect anything to happen that day however its a safe bet to be prepared. I wonder how many people will get shot accidentally from the hysteria that something might just happen. it will be a good day not work in the ER.

James Ruby

Hmmm how can you prepare for the "END of the world " End being what it is game over , done finished when the log rolls over we will all be dead.

What should we as citizens do about it ? Hmmmm

View attachment 49298

I wonder how many will be too hung over to care either way.

I find it funny and interesting all at the same .
Since 1960 there have been 75 predictions that the world will end, and just about every year since then there is a date by some culture that shows the world will end and 75 times it didn't :s0155:.

In 2011 the world was to end twice, by the same prophecy, how does that happen LOL. ?>??

The most outrageous was in 1988 when there were over 6 predictions of the end of the blue planet, there was allot going on back in 1988 wars, major earth quakes, civil unrest, middle east crises and a very uneasy election with George H. W. Bush Michael Dukakis. And people acted pretty stupid back then, I got married that year ( only smart thing I did ) and paid no never mind to the world ending. I flew to Hawaii just in time to land on Maui and see the plane that had the top ripped off. My only fear that year was flying back after seeing that !

Point is the world has not ended yet, and people who want will over react as in society there are those that realize life is short and it will end at some point. And then there are those that want to prepare for what is inevitable anyways.
There is not one person alive today who was here during the civil war 147 years ago no one lives forever, yet predictions of the end of the world date back to 44AD. Just relax and enjoy life and stop trying to wait for it to end !:winkkiss:

Hmm. I haven't paid that close attention to the Mayan prophecy (Is it considered a prophecy? Or did they just decide to stop writing dates on their calendar coincidentally on that day?)

I thought I heard someone say it was the 22nd anyway. Where does this info come from?

Personally, I fear people's reaction to it more than the prophecy itself, just as I fear our own government more than I fear terrorists.

I think I'll call in sick the 21st just to be off the roads that day.

We'll make popcorn and watch Armageddon.

answer

Nothing will happen on Dec 21st except for an excellent reason to party.

That said - lol - I wouldn't travel 1000 miles from home on that day. Just sayin'.

99.9% of the population will be oblivious, and unprepared.

.1% of the population will be cautiously optimistic that absolutely nothing is going to happen (on that date, anyway), but will be prepared, just in case. This would include most of us participants in this thread.

Me? I've decided that I might just make like Woody Harrelson in 2012. Take a trip to Yellowstone and park my fat butt on top of the mountain, enjoying my front row seat for the end of the world.....

OK, just kidding.

Exactly - the nice thing about being 'generally prepared' is that if something happens based on a very minute chance most of us are more ready than 98% of the populace which are deluded idiots.

If there were a .01% chance of a substantial event on Dec 21st I would say because our owners/TPTB use that date to do something nasty and will have 12/21 date there just to add to the hysteria. Again, very slim chance regardless.

So...I know this is the second time this will be said...but if this whole end of the world thing happens...how is being prepared helpful? Dead is dead...food doesn't help if you just spontaneously combust or something to that effect.

With that said...that picture up above is what I see as correct.

I'll be paying bills, because the 20th is my payday. The 21st however, I will be back to work like any other day.

Here's the crux of the problem. The zero conundrum was noticed, and propagated by people who didn't understand 1. real math, and 2. the cyclical nature of, well, EVERYTHING. 0 does not in equal nothingness as the enlightened western mathematicians understood and taught to everyone. The Mayans used it as a placeholder. So while it may have neither a positive, or negative value, it is indeed a position that is supposed to be taken into account in an equasion or something.

The Meso-American calendar is a series of four CYCLES, that reference different aspects they thought important to track. They don't technically refer to each other, rather they all occur simultaneously at the same rate of 1 day at a time, though the cycles all have differing counts.

0.0.0.0 just happens to mark a specific day. Not olny is it the winter solstice, it has to do with the stars. The phenomon of procession in particular(shifting of the constellations in relation to the horizon). That is the day that the constellation Orion begins to ever so slowly move UP in the sky. This occurs on a 1100 year schedule or something.

This is significant, because they believed this event marked not only the END OF AN ERA, but the begining of a NEW CYCLE.

Anything to worry about on that day? Just the stupid people running around thinking the world is going to explode. Am i worried? Only if one of those idiots tries to get into my house. Because I will just have to put the hurt on them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top