JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nice, thanks for sharing!
Had the chance to tour john seniors shop in Nauvoo, IL a few years back. Be hard pressed to convince me the genius of browning was dumb luck.

I would like to see some of the designs that winchester bought just to keep away from the competition... Maybe a visit to the Browning museum in Utah is in my near future. I'll already be half way there later this month for the pif build anyway.

One thing that strikes me about J.M.B, was that once he had an idea, he ran with it as far as it would go, success after success! Look at his BlowBack Recoil system, He used that on many designs that were hugely successful, and some that were failures! You can see the succession through out his design evolution, and track his improvements. Another thing that amazes me, and most don't realize, is that He was the creator of many things that had not already existed before, and he did it with old technology and lots of hand fitting. VERY few designers through out our history can match that level of genius, with maybe Samuel Colt one of the few. Look at the 1911 design, pure genius! A very simple design that used physics as much as an ingeniously simple mechanical function that is THE most copied design in history. its simple and it works, and its pretty cool to look at too!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top