JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This follows a 2009 Department of Homeland Security report that included a warning about domestic extremists using the Internet to recruit members, share tactics and raise hate to an all-time high.

http://news.yahoo.com/online-rants-rightwing-extremism-fuel-fears-for-us-cops-225012920.html

When I read the some of the bravado on these boards I think that 'Government of the people, by the people, for the people' has become, 'My way, or the highway'. People today seem to forget what rule of law really is all about and that it is the SCOUS that determines the meaning of the constitution, and not individual extremists.

I think the once greatest nation on earth has seen better times. The question becomes how to ameliorate this trend downward and toward hostile exchanges between citizens and representatives.

Odd, FDR thought the same way you do, and as a result, tried to pack the SCOTUS with his nominees.
We already have two SC justices that would like to revisit Heller, because they can't seem to grasp the meaning of:
"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

As far as the subject and tone of the article, it's too bad there was no "social media" around in the days of "The Weatermen" and the SLA, and the original Black Panthers.
If there had been, you'd be able to tell how many of our current "leaders" came to believe the way they do.

All that article tells me is that the political winds of the common man have changed, and the pendulum is swinging back from the far left.

The problem with it is, it purports that murdering extremist/terrorists exist on only one side of the political aisle.
In truth, there are murderous loons on ALL sides of the political spectrum.

Hook686, your "extremist" view against the individual is amusing...
"My way or the highway" when done by an individual who simply means 'my way or be on your own way', is certainly more relative to freedom and far less dangerous to people, than when governments & laws coin that same term. IE: My way or get fine/jail/prison/death. Look into the past at the multitude of failures found not only within the laws of the American federal, state or local governments but of every single nation state that has ever existed. Your historical ignorance is overwhelming.

Last Edited:
chariot13 ... your response is typical of the point made in the article, as you stoop to an insult without really knowing my background. I seriously doubt you took time to, 'Look into the past at the multitude of failures found not only within the laws of the American federal, state or local governments but of every single nation state that has ever existed.' Oh well, you are who you are. Good luck on your journey.

I am beginning to feel a bit like an extremist. And I suppose that as things continue the way they are I will be labeled such at some point.
I think the most important point though is from who's perspective am I given that label?
The tyrant that is the majority?
Or the individual common man?
I am afraid the term "people" no longer means a nation of individuals choosing to live as they wish, but a collective using the threat and power of the majority to control individuals.
I do not like seeing police officers gunned down by lunatics.
AND I do not like seeing people's rights trampled by a "government of the people".
As an individual free man that would never steal from another. I would expect the same from others, even those that do it under the guise of helping "the people" while hiding in the mob of looters and calling themselves "the people" and using the threat of violence against me while labeling me, a man who simply wants to be left alone, an extremist.
The label does not stick yet because I am not too terribly inconvenienced, but if "we the people" continue down this path. I suppose it will.
I have seen it written down some where a long time ago in a crazy place populated by extremists. Let me see if I can recall a bit of it for you..
...Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security...
My way or the highway indeed.

Given what the mainstream media leads us to believe as the common view on the world, reality, & history ect. As they say in action sports... I'm EXTREME!

Hook686, I do not care what your background is. Being a 'disabled vet' does not give more weight towards your personal opinion 'that government is more important than an individual'. Btw since we're talking about backgrounds, I find it "extreme"ly ironic when ANY government suggests background checks, when no government is capable of passing one themselves. The grave abuses & misdeeds found at times within the 238 year background of this government and they have the nerve to suggest that any individual walking this earth has anywhere near as bad of a background......

Last Edited:
Another thing that the article fails to mention, is that the two whack-jobs that shot the Vegas cops moved there recently from Indiana.
Where they were part of an occupy protest.
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/06...gas-shooting-spree-recently-lived-in-indiana/
While living in Lafayette, Jerad and his wife Amanda took part in last November's "Million Mask March" – a gathering of protesters from the Occupy movement, anarchists, and hacktivists.

Nick Wertz, one of the organizers of the Lafayette march, said it attracted many people upset over a lot of issues.
"Everyone there just seem kind of like normal people. At least they were going to stick up with what they thought was right," he said.

But since the media has extensively associated the occupy movement with the left, yahoo's writer no doubt felt the need to leave that part out.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top