JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Listen up raw fish eaters!!

He ate raw fish almost every day - until a 5-foot-long tapeworm slithered out of his body

He told an emergency room physician he had a liking for raw fish - specifically, salmon sashimi.

It's what the 30-year-old man, from Fresno, California, suspected had landed him in the bathroom with stomach cramps and bloody diarrhea.

But what he did not anticipate was the moment he spotted something hanging from his rear end, and he naturally assumed the worst.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get the eating raw fish thing. Tried it, there's no taste, and texture leaves something to be desired. Now oysters? Yeah, if they were in their beds this morning and still have all their natural nectar, then I'll eat 'em raw as long as they're smalls or extra smalls. That article does give me pause on that even.

I'm not a fan of eating our mucous-brothers. Raw especially.

It is an acquired taste, as is caviar. My first raw oysters were bottled with a huge glop of cocktail sauce in a shot glass. After the better part of a six pack. THOSE are disgusting like that. But fresh, live and briny, with a couple drops of lemon juice and MAYBE a couple drops of Tapatio. Tastes like a big swallow of sea air with a cucumber finish! Be sure to chew them good. I like a little gin/gin tonic when I'm having oysters, for cleaning the palate.

Listen up raw fish eaters!!

He ate raw fish almost every day - until a 5-foot-long tapeworm slithered out of his body

He told an emergency room physician he had a liking for raw fish - specifically, salmon sashimi.

It's what the 30-year-old man, from Fresno, California, suspected had landed him in the bathroom with stomach cramps and bloody diarrhea.

But what he did not anticipate was the moment he spotted something hanging from his rear end, and he naturally assumed the worst.
Me thinks something went wrong with preparation of the fish. When sushi is made they're supposed to freeze it to kill the parasites. Unless he just buys random fish and make it himself.
Eww!
You know there is a reason why we invented fire , cook stoves , skillets , pots and pans etc...:D
Andy
Sushi isn't actually raw... Its cooked with nitrogen.
I don't get the eating raw fish thing. Tried it, there's no taste, and texture leaves something to be desired.
It is more about the texture than flavor. But sushi isn't raw, its just cooked with nitrogen as opposed to using heat.

There is a reason sushi and sashimi meats are flash frozen - to preserve the meat but secondly to kill parasites. Raw fish is never 100% safe but I know of nothing that is

Another thing to point out was the question wasn't about sushi or sashimi, it was about if it was prepared properly. If he eats it a lot, he either has money or makes it himself.

If the latter, it wasn't really sushi or sashimi and he was just eating raw fish.

If the former, then the place he got it from messed up.

My money is on the latter.

I found the only way I could eat sushi fish-like products was with beer.
Since I quit that decades ago I don't eat sushi either.
Anything I have to slather with something else to be able to enjoy, pretty much has been jettisoned. There's not enough room in the bunker for all that extra sauce & etc.

Be sure to chew them good. I like a little gin/gin tonic when I'm having oysters, for cleaning the palate.
after such offerings of other mucous-bodies from the sea, I feel the need for something closer to a therapeutic internal steam cleaning. Oysters of any persuasion gag me, although once about 40 years ago I managed to get once thoroughly heated on a charcoal grill. In those days I still drank, and spent considerable effort soaking my gizzard in the healing qualities of red wine.

Caviar fiends proclaims another myth re 'acquiring a taste'. No, I didn't.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top