JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1669443022415.png

Aloha, Mark

Wouldn't get past a filibuster.

Probably wouldn't survive a USSC challenge.

Much of the above feels like politics and not legit 2A discussion. FWIW.

Since when are the anti's worried about litigation? Especially on the tax payers dime....
....exactly. Look at the mess OR's in. Almost like the authors of the bill full well realized what turmoil and confusion it would cause. If it gets tied up in court without a temporary injunction, the effect is probably no firearm transfers for months....and they're good with that. Litigation is nothing more than a delay of game to these folks.

Some call it a 'stupid' law.....I'm realizing it was actually quite clever if your goal was to stop firearm transfers, even temporarily.

Some call it a 'stupid' law.....I'm realizing it was actually quite clever if your goal was to stop firearm transfers, even temporarily.
They only stopped new firearms transfers from FFL's the rest will still go on especially the black market. If someone is intent on creating another mas shooting they are not going to give a rats arse about this law. They are already breaking the law by killing. They will just steal a firearm and mags that are legally owned or go out of state for mags if they are hard pressed. This law isnt to reduce shootings or any of what they claim it is for, it is simply another one of those thousand cuts to the second amendment.

They only stopped new firearms transfers from FFL's the rest will still go on especially the black market. If someone is intent on creating another mas shooting they are not going to give a rats arse about this law. They are already breaking the law by killing. They will just steal a firearm and mags that are legally owned or go out of state for mags if they are hard pressed. This law isnt to reduce shootings or any of what they claim it is for, it is simply another one of those thousand cuts to the second amendment.
Minor nit, IIRC in OR you not supposed to transfer firearms anywhere other than an FFL. But, basically we agree. Passing more and more and more laws that only the law abiding will follow, does absolutely nothing to prevent or reduce violent crime. Even then, until criminals FEAR capture and punishment, they could care less. Having a DA that doesn't bother to prosecute doesn't help. And this crap got voted in....which leaves me flummoxed.

Minor nit, IIRC in OR you not supposed to transfer firearms anywhere other than an FFL. But, basically we agree. Passing more and more and more laws that only the law abiding will follow, does absolutely nothing to prevent or reduce violent crime. Even then, until criminals FEAR capture and punishment, they could care less. Having a DA that doesn't bother to prosecute doesn't help. And this crap got voted in....which leaves me flummoxed.
Red text: main words "supposed to" Many non criminal type still dont...........:s0131:

Blue text: many didnt vote and many didnt read it fully, along with many that voted yes cause they were told to, to support the color of the text party.:s0054:

....exactly. Look at the mess OR's in. Almost like the authors of the bill full well realized what turmoil and confusion it would cause. If it gets tied up in court without a temporary injunction, the effect is probably no firearm transfers for months....and they're good with that. Litigation is nothing more than a delay of game to these folks.

Absolutely. Easy to just say "bring on the courts", when it's not your money. Letting this pass after Bruen is simply spitting in Oregonian's eyes at the massive waste of money.

They are already breaking the law by killing.
Murder by any means is against the law.

In society, we have three types:

1. Evil people who will do murder (for whatever reason) if they want to, they don't care about laws.

2. Honest people, who mostly would never do murder but some occasionally go around the bend and do it in the heat of passion anyway.

3. Mentally unbalanced people who can't be trusted with a popsicle stick.

The pols no doubt know the above. I assume "assault rifle" bans are about 2 and 3, above. The pols can't do much about no. 1. The honest majority get punished because of the few.

Congratulations. You are now the criminal Oregon always wanted you to be. I am not saying you are wrong; I'm saying every DA and judge will gladly enforce the penalties to the maximum allowed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top