Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

The creaking Crossbreed Supertuck

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by lamrith, Jul 27, 2012.

1. lamrith

lamrith tacoma Active Member

As the thread says I am one of the many with a supertuck that creaks. Everything I have read says Saddle soap is the cure all for it. Problem is, I cannot find a place locally that carries it? Target has all sorts of Kiwi products, but NOT saddle soap only Mink Oil. That helped for about a day..

Can someone let me know of a place in Puyallup/Tacoma that is known to carry Saddle soap?

2. birdzman

birdzman SC by the SEA Active Member

Order it online, probably cheaper with shipping than the gas it will take to track it down.

Amazon.com: Saddle Soap: Electronics

3. lamrith

Just hoping to find it local, and get it applied asap. The squeaking is getting to the point it gets noticable over ambient noise. Sort of defeats trying to ccw...

4. bruzer

bruzer Grants Pass, OR Well-Known Member

Baby powder will work for a quick fix but as soon as I started sweating the creaking came back. If I remember correctly I applied a piece of electrical tape to the leather where the metal clips rubbed it and made the sound. I've since went to all Kydex. Good luck and stay safe,
    Mike

5. lamrith

Wooot! Wallmart on pacific in spanaway has it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

6. edogg

edogg Western Washington Active Member

The instructions that came with my Crossbreed suggested some adhesive felt on the back side of the metal clips. Haven't tried it, but seems like that would work.

7. lamrith

That solved my issue with the clips creaking, but on mine the gun started creaking on the leather as well.

8. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle Oregon Active Member

I have used neutral color shoe polish to eliminate creaking on leather with good success.