JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Suicide is totally completely selfish act. If this guy had a family I feel for them. but even more for the kid and adults who saw this. I hope that everyone gets the proper help to deal with this kind of trauma.
Why do this to people?

This is why a couple of local ranges require you to bring a firearm before you can rent one. My thoughts go out to those affected by this guy. What a complete tragedy!

My guess is that if you already own a firearm, you will cap yourself someplace else and not have the need to rent one by the minute.

I had the misfortune to have someone go shooting with me then deposit his brains all over the ground with my gun. I thought it was a mighty rude thing to do at the very least. I no longer go shooting with people I don't know.

Ridiculous policy. Wouldn't have stopped this guy, it wouldn't have applied.

Those policies are, in my opinion, anti thinking.

It does stop some, the policies came about because there actually have been people who went in, rented a gun, and shot themselves with it. They didn't just get pulled out of thin air like the laws the antis want.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus that ate your iPhone.

Since you can't prove a negative, you can't prove that it stopped anyone.

The anti thinking is the idea that somehow, it's our responsibility to stop you from shooting yourself.

They don't do it to save lives, they do it to save themselves potential legal entanglements and the bad business associated with someone committing suicide on their range.

While it's not provable that it has actually stopped anyone from committing suicide, it is a fact that people have committed suicide in this fashion in the past, and it is a fact that ranges with this policy will not have people commit suicide in this fashion in the future (assuming their policy is adhered to).

If I ran a public range, I'd have the policy. I don't care if you kill yourself, just don't do it with MY gun at MY range. Your gun at my range, fine it's an acceptable risk.

... and it is a fact that ranges with this policy will not have people commit suicide in this fashion in the future (assuming their policy is adhered to).

That's the part you can't prove. It is not possible to prove a negative.

In fact, such a policy would not have prevented the very suicide that caused this thread.

It's another rule written for some reason other than safety (in this case, liability) that doesn't do what it's supposed to do and restricts the overwhelming majority who aren't going to commit suicide.

That's the part you can't prove. It is not possible to prove a negative.

In fact, such a policy would not have prevented the very suicide that caused this thread.

It's another rule written for some reason other than safety (in this case, liability) that doesn't do what it's supposed to do and restricts the overwhelming majority who aren't going to commit suicide.

It's simple logic. If a range does not rent guns to people who don't have their own, then it is not possible for a person who does not have their own gun to rent one there and kill themselves with it. That is all they're trying to prevent and it works perfectly well to prevent it. Their goal is not to prevent suicides, only to prevent suicides with range owned guns.

Actually, logic is a formal field of mathematics. And it's just not possible to prove a negative. Never has been. Sorry.

There is, therefore, no way to prove that this rule would ever prevent one single suicide with a range's weapons. Ever.

Again, I point you to the suicide in question. Happened with the range's weapon, at the range, and your rule wouldn't have prevented it.

Actually, logic is a formal field of mathematics. And it's just not possible to prove a negative. Never has been. Sorry.

There is, therefore, no way to prove that this rule would ever prevent one single suicide with a range's weapons. Ever.

Again, I point you to the suicide in question. Happened with the range's weapon, at the range, and your rule wouldn't have prevented it.

Then they violated their rule.

IF a range NEVER rents a gun to a person who doesn't have their own gun,

THEN a person who doesn't have their own gun can NEVER shoot themselves with a gun they rented from the range. It is simply not possible.

It's the same as: If a person never goes to the moon, then they can't die on the moon.

How do you know it was the range's gun in this case anyway? The article didn't say that, nor did it say whether they had the policy of not renting guns to people without their own.

Well that is one less crack pot we don't have to worry about. Who knows what else he had in mind. There may have been something far more sinister in mind but he chose to eat a bullet instead. There is no love loss for him but I do feel for the people who witnessed his self centered demise.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top