JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Since I didn't get to post this in the thread Humans And Their Amazing Ability To Adapt, here's the previous fear campaign from 1978. Is it gonna freeze, or burn, freeze, or burn, freeze, or burn??? And, what caused the first Ice Age? Was it diesel pickups and gas lawnmowers? Lions, and tigers, and bears, oh my…!

Hmmm. I was in Grad School in Austin, Texas that year. Whew! It was cold. Never got below 90 degrees all summer. Even the musk oxen were wearing t-shirts. LOL

I remember all this back then, all the hype about covering the snow with black pellets to absorb heat and talk about space reflectors to focus the sun to heat the earth.

Now it's all talk about space reflectors to shade the earth and reflect the sun's rays away from the earth.

This is why I do not believe in all the hype as Man has no clue and just guesses.

They say the planet has had between 5 and 8 ice ages in its life time, that means it has froze and thawed that many times so that tells me it will most likely do it again as most everything in nature works on a life cycle.

I do not have answers and the so-called scientist are just guessing.

I do not know if it is any better but when I was in Tennessee, we where lucky if they could predict and give us a half hour warning when a tornado would hit, much less guarantee what the weather will be tomorrow.

I just try to plan the best I can for the future but the day to day problems are my main focus as I have to get through each day first, so I can make it to the future.

edit spelling

Last Edited:
Since I didn't get to post this in the thread Humans And Their Amazing Ability To Adapt, here's the previous fear campaign from 1978. Is it gonna freeze, or burn, freeze, or burn, freeze, or burn??? And, what caused the first Ice Age? Was it diesel pickups and gas lawnmowers? Lions, and tigers, and bears, oh my…!

I remember that week!

Got a little chilly, chilly enough to put a sweater on!

My first exposure was in the 6th grade in a self study science course. It's truly amazing the level of bogosity in many of the modules, including the coming ice age*. I wish I had a set for nostalgia, mebbie I'll snoop on eBay for one. It did, however inspire my 12 year old brain to consider a rapidly changing environment.

* which will be in a few thousand years when we leave the current interglacial period.

We've had snow on the ground every morning for the past few weeks. One day it was 80-ish, but then ice/snow the next day. We're at 4500 ft tho and the Musk Oxen are still sporting their Patagonia gear.

We've had snow on the ground every morning for the past few weeks. One day it was 80-ish, but then ice/snow the next day. We're at 4500 ft tho and the Musk Oxen are still sporting their Patagonia gear.
It's only snowing because of global warming. It will stop and the temp will become perfectly static if I buy a new electric vehicle. They tell me now, however, that Tesla's cause drought and hurricanes at the same time.

☝🏼 Real men hunt wooly marmots with black powder firearms
And they wear an old FILSON red/black plaid coat (100% WOOL!) like my MT husband's ANCIENT hunting coat which is straight out of an OLD JOHNNY CARSON comedy routine from his old TONIGHT SHOW!

(They ARE well made coats.)

He even has one of those HATS that match the coat. I just about spit out my coffee the first year that we were married when he showed it to me. I told him that he could have been on that OLD Johnny Carson show.

He told me that he rarely EVER wears the hat since it is so toasty warm.

My husband is part POLAR BEAR - he can take the COLD but he hates the heat!

He barely wears a light weight jacket, sometimes a flannel shirt for a COAT or some lightly lined rain jacket.

Cate

We donated a BUNCH of movies over the years to our library. We bought them super cheap and/or on sale, enjoyed almost ALL (?!?) of them and passed them on.

There was one movie called THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW or some other title that spoke about the ICE AGE.

I could be wrong about that movie's title due to getting some of the titles mixed up.

After a time frame, some of them all seem to BLEND together unless we are talking about CLASSICS like John Wayne, CLINT EASTWOOD (My heart be still! Grin.), Robert Duvall, Lee Marvin, etc. old movies.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads