JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I appreciate the reply, however none of that comes close to explaining why they would kill the ones most likely to support them to make them submissive and going through your list one by one would inevitably run us afoul of a couple of the forum rules :s0092:

Paving the road to hell with good intentions includes drilling holes in your own boat. Emotions are a powerful thing.

Cheney lives in Wilson, WY which tells you just how disconnected she is from her state. Wilson is to Jackson as Jackson is to Hoback, where the real natives live in that part of Wyoming. If you work in Jackson you almost certainly live in Hoback. No way could you or anyone else in Wyoming afford Jackson and it's wealthy out of state occupants.

Wilson is a HUGE step up. Where Jackson is the abode of borderline wealthy out of staters, Wilson is where the elite live. When I lived in the area (nowhere near Jackson or Wilson) in the late 90's that exclusive corner of the state bare property was near a million bux. Check these listings on Zillow: https://www.zillow.com/homes/Wilson,-WY_rb/ there is a bargain basement $2million 3 bed 2 bath with baseboard heating if you want to hang out with the elite.
She also has managed to become a multi millionaire since being put in that seat. Impressive considering the pay for the job. Well hopefully she is just the begging of a LONG string of them who will be looking for a new job.

She also has managed to become a multi millionaire since being put in that seat. Impressive considering the pay for the job. Well hopefully she is just the begging of a LONG string of them who will be looking for a new job.
Cnn is still looking for replacements for Coumo and soon Stelter (sush, don't tell him) so it shouldn't be too hard. Look for her to move to a blue state as a D. She will never get funding from the RNC or RNC donors again.

Cnn is still looking for replacements for Coumo and soon Stelter (sush, don't tell him) so it shouldn't be too hard. Look for her to move to a blue state as a D. She will never get funding from the RNC or RNC donors again.
I wouldn't put good money down on that being true. Other than "that one issue" that cost her the election she has solid RNC credentials, and "that one issue" has made a bunch of centrists and slightly left Dems forget just how solid her RNC credentials and voting record has been. That one part of WY is not the whole of 'Merica! and she is actually a pretty solid candidate for Prez next time around. I'll try and find it again, but I read an OpEd suggesting that despite how her position looks on the outside, she is in fact most likely being a good foot soldier for the RNC and acting at their behest.
Serious question, contest between Liz Chaney and Kamala Harris, who do you vote for?

Last Edited:
D' and R's and L's…
…. oh my!

OK, I'll admit I'm not the crispiest chip in the bag, so I'm sure someone will be able to ejikate me. :s0155:

I'm trying to think of a Libertarian candidate that ever got elected to a national political office and didn't then act like a D or R while in that office…
…. Not sayin' it hasn't ever happened, just that I can't think of one to build an assumption of, "all D's and R's are crooks but L's are all angels OR, all politicians are lying crooks but not if they're L's" :s0092:

Do L's have several choices competing in a primary so the "best" one gets to run?, a National Convention?, or do they just run whomever says "Oh What the heck"?

Probably just my own perception, but I've always felt a Libertarian candidate was a lot like a dog chasing cars with no real plan on what he'll do if he ever actually manages to catch one! :s0153:

Serious question, contest between Liz Chaney and Kamala Harris, who do you vote for?
At this point Trump, Cruz or DeSantis. All three of them support policies that are beneficial to America, Cheney's only political path forward is as a moderate Democrat. and I think that this will be the obvious direction for the DNC after this fall's almost certain shellacking and an embarassing loss in 2024. Their own base outside the deep blue coastal states is having a WTF moment. Her actions on the Jan 6th Committee tells me that she is unable to be objective in decision making.

If my choice were as you pose I would abstain. Both of them are dangers to the Republic. One for incompetence the other for lack of objectivity.

At this point Trump, Cruz or DeSantis. All three of them support policies that are beneficial to America, Cheney's only political path forward is as a moderate Democrat. and I think that this will be the obvious direction for the DNC after this fall's almost certain shellacking and an embarassing loss in 2024. Their own base outside the deep blue coastal states is having a WTF moment. Her actions on the Jan 6th Committee tells me that she is unable to be objective in decision making.

If my choice were as you pose I would abstain. Both of them are dangers to the Republic. One for incompetence the other for lack of objectivity.
I understand your position, but at the same time not everyone agrees with that position and shocking as it may be, not everyone that supports 2A agrees with the base assumption of that position

FlameSuit.jpg

I understand your position, but at the same time not everyone agrees with that position and shocking as it may be, not everyone that supports 2A agrees with the base assumption of that position

View attachment 1260354
I'm good with that. I certainly don't require everyone to agree with every conclusion I come to. I'd be disappointed and the world would be very boring if we all thought alike. Contrary to what you might think, if presented with new information I have been known to change my opinion.

It is senseless to ignore facts, but facts must be properly vetted in an environment where each source will spin them based on their own political agenda. Thus I take the common denominator from domestic news sources of all stripes and am more skeptical of those whose politics align with my own to offset my own bias. I mix in news sources from different regions (India, China, other Asia, middle east, Europe, Australia) to get a better picture. It's a lot of work.

2A and Liz Cheney are not the same subject, so we do not have to agree on one to agree with the other.

Actually, Liz Cheney, by helping the Democrats, is effectively attacking the 2A, and also many who support the 2A.

You don't have to say you are against the 2A, but if your actions weaken it, or help those who would weaken it, you are against it in practice.

Actually, Liz Cheney, by helping the Democrats, is effectively attacking the 2A, and also many who support the 2A.

You don't have to say you are against the 2A, but if your actions weaken it, or help those who would weaken it, you are against it in practice.
It's late, so my reading comprehension may be off a bit, but are you saying that, at least in your opinion, I AM against 2A?

If you think it might apply to you, then you should do your own review of your thinking. It was not aimed at anyone in particular, just pointing out the effect of unintended consequences.

There is such a thing as the "Cult of Personality." This works both ways, and people can get caught up in either the "love" or the "hate" side of the effect. There is a lot of this going on these days. I prefer to make my decisions on a rational basis, since few things in the world are "black or white."

She also has managed to become a multi millionaire since being put in that seat. Impressive considering the pay for the job.
She was a multi-millionaire long before getting elected. She's the daughter of a US Vice President, worked in the State Department, had multiple advisory roles in DC, and worked at a top-10 law firm. It also helps that she comes from money; Dick Cheney was the CEO at Halliburton (Fortune 500 company) before he became VP for Bush Jr., and he was Sec Def for Bush Sr. before that.

It's expensive becoming a member of Congress. You have to be wealthy, well-connected, or both.

She was a multi-millionaire long before getting elected. She's the daughter of a US Vice President, worked in the State Department, had multiple advisory roles in DC, and worked at a top-10 law firm. It also helps that she comes from money; Dick Cheney was the CEO at Halliburton (Fortune 500 company) before he became VP for Bush Jr., and he was Sec Def for Bush Sr. before that.

It's expensive becoming a member of Congress. You have to be wealthy, well-connected, or both.
Well let me "explain it". She has multiplied her fortune by several times what it was by doing a few terms in Congress. NOT by what she did before entering. So considering what they pay her quite impressive. What is even more impressive is the people who will make excuses for her, yet demonize people who actually work and get this kind of money. Amazing to watch. o_O

I wouldn't put good money down on that being true. Other than "that one issue" that cost her the election she has solid RNC credentials, and "that one issue" has made a bunch of centrists and slightly left Dems forget just how solid her RNC credentials and voting record has been. That one part of WY is not the whole of 'Merica! and she is actually a pretty solid candidate for Prez next time around. I'll try and find it again, but I read an OpEd suggesting that despite how her position looks on the outside, she is in fact most likely being a good foot soldier for the RNC and acting at their behest.

Serious answer: I'd vote for Pedro!

BUT, But, but........

Brandon said to buy an Electric Car. And then, Blue state by Blue state all along the west coast (wait, OR?) the legislatures started to jump on the band wagon.

Aloha, Mark

PS....as for certain Congress Critters who have managed to accumulate MUCH MORE WEALTH while in office.
1663782843761.png

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top