JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
these a photos of my container garden, which I built to perfect the technique and installed one in my daughters back yard at her apartment in Portland
in my delusional mind, I thought urban dwellers would use this technique to grow their own food in limited space, even on gravel or concreate
but my daughter tells me, once the mentally ill and violent homeless in Portland find out you have a garden, they come over your fence and steal your produce
and if you try to chase them off, they attack you in your own yard and the Liberal Portland DA and Homeless Advocacy groups tell you it your obligations to be the victims and allow them their dignity to steal the produce from you labor
if the blackouts come, 25% of the civilized dwellers in the cities may sit on their couch and die, but the homeless or "urban campers" as Portland calls them, will be climbing over your fences to take what they need
get out before this happens

View attachment 1259611 View attachment 1259612 View attachment 1259613
my daughter tells me the homeless sit in her garden on their heals like animals and eat the produce raw off her garden plants
I was not there to see this, but take her word for it
get out of Portland while you can

Okey-dokey ...I've been warned :s0155:
Lately I've been thinking of getting a 1000w portable power station with 200 watts of solar panels
to handle power outages... the going rate is about $1500 complete for a highly rated system. (Panels provide 80% in 4.5 hours)
... I really like the idea of being able to keep it and use it inside the house, and set the solar panels on my elevated deck that faces Southwest. I also like the idea of it being completely silent (undetectable) and not needing to store/rotate enough fuel.
I have modest power needs and this seems to meet them. (last months Avista bill was $95 total for elec/gas and that's with 20 days over 100deg)

Am I nutz or does this sound like solid thinking?
Anyone else do this?
Any pointers?
Make sure you get the Lifepo4 batteries since they seem to last longer than other batteries in a solar generator.

these a photos of my container garden, which I built to perfect the technique and installed one in my daughters back yard at her apartment in Portland
in my delusional mind, I thought urban dwellers would use this technique to grow their own food in limited space, even on gravel or concreate
but my daughter tells me, once the mentally ill and violent homeless in Portland find out you have a garden, they come over your fence and steal your produce
and if you try to chase them off, they attack you in your own yard and the Liberal Portland DA and Homeless Advocacy groups tell you it your obligations to be the victims and allow them their dignity to steal the produce from you labor
if the blackouts come, 25% of the civilized dwellers in the cities may sit on their couch and die, but the homeless or "urban campers" as Portland calls them, will be climbing over your fences to take what they need
get out before this happens

View attachment 1259611 View attachment 1259612 View attachment 1259613
This is why my first response to preppers who want tips on urban prepping is to remove themselves from the urban setting.

I've been following this thread from the beginning, and while I admit I may have missed a post or three, especially with the silly 'ignore' bug feature we have, I can't figure out why the Ruling Elite or Democrats or whoever would want to kill a huge amount of the population to "scare them into submission", like that literally makes no sense o_O

Especially when you consider that the people that would suffer the most (as pointed out a couple times so far) are the people living in big cities and on balance the majority of those people are much more likely to vote Democratic in the first place, so why kill your fans and leave the people that disagree with you alive and in a stronger tactical to leverage farm and natural resources position?

I've been following this thread from the beginning, and while I admit I may have missed a post or three, especially with the silly 'ignore' bug feature we have, I can't figure out why the Ruling Elite or Democrats or whoever would want to kill a huge amount of the population to "scare them into submission", like that literally makes no sense o_O

Especially when you consider that the people that would suffer the most (as pointed out a couple times so far) are the people living in big cities and on balance the majority of those people are much more likely to vote Democratic in the first place, so why kill your fans and leave the people that disagree with you alive and in a stronger tactical to leverage farm and natural resources position?
Yeah, I don't put much credence into conspiracy theories that involve massive economic disruption and chaos. WAY too hard to control, too hard to predict the outcome (including a "reset" that removes the PtB from position of power and reformulates power structures such that power is no longer invested in those at the top), and too much impact on the rich and powerful.

Since when does anything the democrats do make sense? If they cares about their constituents, as opposed to garnering power, they wouldn't make the policy decisions that they do that affect the cities they manage in a negative way.

They know what they are doing, but their hubris knows no bounds. And their constituents are just childish enough to participate in "paving the road to hell with good intentions."

As for conspiracy theories - Feasibility aside, it ceases to become a theory when they TELL YOU what they intend/desire to do, and make fantastically stupid excuses for recent medical anomalies.

1 - We don't need all of you - most people will not have anything to contribute.
2 - You will own nothing and be happy.
3 - You need to eat bugs.
4 - The globe is warming and the rising oceans will displace millions, and you will take them in (all while they are buying up ocean front homes and jetting around)
5 - Take this "vaccine", which doesn't work - never mind SADS, AFTT, or the blood clots, heart attacks, and strokes in school children. And remember, gardening, shoveling snow, being in the sun, exercise, and experiencing joy can cause heart attacks.

Republicans politicians are no better. Two heads of the same snake
Yup. Most of Team Red's and Team Blue's players are really playing for Team Swamp and are more interested in personal gain than their country. Good to see that so many Swamp Reds got axed in the primaries and a couple retired.

Republicans politicians are no better. Two heads of the same snake
I made it clear I was including their constituents. I understand what you are saying, at the purely political level. But at the ideological level, which I also mentioned - there is no comparison.

Democrat school board members, democrat city council members, democrat teachers, democrat MSM agents, democrat neighbors, democrat DA's, democrat judges, democrat "students" of universities, and democrat alphabet agencies, et. al. They are the progenitors of wondrous ideas like "birthing people", men can menstruate, "my reality", open borders without regard for fiscal budgets or the influx of guns/drugs/human trafficking, gun control, fatherlessness, LGBTQHIV+ adopting children, pedophilia (MAPs), race baiting, and countless other issues.

The two heads of the same snake argument, while having some truth, is grossly simplistic. There are more than a couple David's and Goliath's in the mix, and a whole lot of nuance and miscellaneous factors.

Yup. Most of Team Red's and Team Blue's players are really playing for Team Swamp and are more interested in personal gain than their country. Good to see that so many Swamp Reds got axed in the primaries and a couple retired.
I got a GREAT deal of joy out of that too. Sadly a lot of the GOP is just in the game for power too. The way so many of one side is acting sure looks like abject panic to me. I keep hearing "polls" that they are not going to do well midterms. I suspect its FAR worse than we are being told. They daily do polls that are not shared with the public and suspect they are seeing stuff that scares hell out of them. Look at that race with Cheney. I kept hearing she "may not do well" or "would probably not survive" and such. It was so lopsided it looked like she never even ran. I am sure the polling they do not share showed them how bad it really was and suspect they are seeing the same thing ahead. So now they are in full blown panic mode. Should be fun to watch.

I made it clear I was including their constituents. I understand what you are saying, at the purely political level. But at the ideological level, which I also mentioned - there is no comparison.

Democrat school board members, democrat city council members, democrat teachers, democrat MSM agents, democrat neighbors, democrat DA's, democrat judges, democrat "students" of universities, and democrat alphabet agencies, et. al. They are the progenitors of wondrous ideas like "birthing people", men can menstruate, "my reality", open borders without regard for fiscal budgets or the influx of guns/drugs/human trafficking, gun control, fatherlessness, LGBTQHIV+ adopting children, pedophilia (MAPs), race baiting, and countless other issues.

The two heads of the same snake argument, while having some truth, is grossly simplistic. There are more than a couple David's and Goliath's in the mix, and a whole lot of nuance and miscellaneous factors.
The same people who tell anyone who will listen that "both are the same" are the same ones trying to get people to not participate at all. This is why we have the mess we do. WAY too many gun owners and just freedom loving, leave me alone people fall for this. They refuse to participate and they help the worst people win. :(

The same people who tell anyone who will listen that "both are the same" are the same ones trying to get people to not participate at all. This is why we have the mess we do. WAY too many gun owners and just freedom loving, leave me alone people fall for this. They refuse to participate and they help the worst people win. :(
I want people to vote Libertarian.

I want people to NOT vote as if it was a popularity contest. I want people to vote rationally. I do NOT want people to vote for pols who tell them the lies they want to believe. I want people to vote for pols who tell them the truth. I do NOT want people to vote for the pols who make promises they never keep. I want people to vote for leaders, not career politicians. I want people to NOT vote for the lesser of two evils, but rather for the pols they actually want to be in office.

But unfortunately, most people do not vote that way, and pols/lobbyists/parties know that - they know how to corrupt not just politicians and bureaucrats, they know how to corrupt the populace and voters.

I want people to NOT vote as if it was a popularity contest. I want people to vote rationally. I do NOT want people to vote for pols who tell them the lies they want to believe. I want people to vote for pols who tell them the truth. I do NOT want people to vote for the pols who make promises they never keep. I want people to vote for leaders, not career politicians. I want people to NOT vote for the lesser of two evils, but rather for the pols they actually want to be in office.

But unfortunately, most people do not vote that way, and pols/lobbyists/parties know that - they know how to corrupt not just politicians and bureaucrats, they know how to corrupt the populace and voters.

I completely agree. This is also why democrats are so mainstream. They sell the "good guy" schtick harder than anybody else, and it works on an emotionally immature populace who end up voting as you describe. Facts and statistics be damned. The kind of voter who will reject a great solution solely on the basis of who is putting it forth - and again, democrat constituents rule this category, which is how all those non-political positions become occupied by them. Say some politically correct nonsense and you are good to go - and the paving of the road to hell resumes another session.

The phrase "facts don't care about your feelings" came into being for a reason.

I have often seen some 3d party people who I would love to see win and given a chance. Sadly pretty much every one of them has not got a chance. All they do is help the worst one win. So I long ago started voting for the "best worst choice". Most often they are FAR from ideal. The only way this will change is in increments. Sadly so many refused to bother it looks like we are doomed. I will go down swinging though.

I got a GREAT deal of joy out of that too. Sadly a lot of the GOP is just in the game for power too. The way so many of one side is acting sure looks like abject panic to me. I keep hearing "polls" that they are not going to do well midterms. I suspect its FAR worse than we are being told. They daily do polls that are not shared with the public and suspect they are seeing stuff that scares hell out of them. Look at that race with Cheney. I kept hearing she "may not do well" or "would probably not survive" and such. It was so lopsided it looked like she never even ran. I am sure the polling they do not share showed them how bad it really was and suspect they are seeing the same thing ahead. So now they are in full blown panic mode. Should be fun to watch.
Cheney lives in Wilson, WY which tells you just how disconnected she is from her state. Wilson is to Jackson as Jackson is to Hoback, where the real natives live in that part of Wyoming. If you work in Jackson you almost certainly live in Hoback. No way could you or anyone else in Wyoming afford Jackson and it's wealthy out of state occupants.

Wilson is a HUGE step up. Where Jackson is the abode of borderline wealthy out of staters, Wilson is where the elite live. When I lived in the area (nowhere near Jackson or Wilson) in the late 90's that exclusive corner of the state bare property was near a million bux. Check these listings on Zillow: https://www.zillow.com/homes/Wilson,-WY_rb/ there is a bargain basement $2million 3 bed 2 bath with baseboard heating if you want to hang out with the elite.

Since when does anything the democrats do make sense? If they cares about their constituents, as opposed to garnering power, they wouldn't make the policy decisions that they do that affect the cities they manage in a negative way.

They know what they are doing, but their hubris knows no bounds. And their constituents are just childish enough to participate in "paving the road to hell with good intentions."

As for conspiracy theories - Feasibility aside, it ceases to become a theory when they TELL YOU what they intend/desire to do, and make fantastically stupid excuses for recent medical anomalies.

1 - We don't need all of you - most people will not have anything to contribute.
2 - You will own nothing and be happy.
3 - You need to eat bugs.
4 - The globe is warming and the rising oceans will displace millions, and you will take them in (all while they are buying up ocean front homes and jetting around)
5 - Take this "vaccine", which doesn't work - never mind SADS, AFTT, or the blood clots, heart attacks, and strokes in school children. And remember, gardening, shoveling snow, being in the sun, exercise, and experiencing joy can cause heart attacks.
I appreciate the reply, however none of that comes close to explaining why they would kill the ones most likely to support them to make them submissive and going through your list one by one would inevitably run us afoul of a couple of the forum rules :s0092:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top