JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How do Democrats expect to move enough grain?
More info about the benefits of the Snake River dams (y'know the ones they want to remove to "save the planet".
... from the Army Corps of Engineers.

COMPARING CARGO CAPACITIES: On Tuesday, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers released this graphic comparing cargo capacities of barges, hopper cars and semi-trucks. One barge has the same cargo capacity as 35 hopper cars, or 134 semi-trucks. According to the USACE, barges keep over 100,000 trucks and their carbon emissions off the roads every year.
(Graphic: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Walla Walla District)

View attachment 1255297
You can't expect facts to effect people like this. To them they do not exist. They do stupid stuff, then when they make a mess great. Now they need money to fix the mess.

So why don't they just truck the salmon past the dams? A clumsy solution but one that makes the most sense. Hire the tribes to ne salmon below the dams, load them into trucks with water tanks that carry them and release them above the dams. Seasonal government jobs for the tribes or other enterprising people. Dams keep producing cheap energy, salmon move upstream and barge traffic continues sending grain out to feed a hungry world.

I am sure today's youth will be able to handle the coming grid shutdowns with logic and reason. They are NOT stupid and fearful.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I see when I watch the people younger than me walking, standing, sitting, behind the wheel, staring at their "device".

Yeah, that's pretty much what I see when I watch the people younger than me walking, standing, sitting, behind the wheel, staring at their "device".
Young guy I work with and I got to talking "guns" other day. He was saying he "felt" people who want to own a gun should at least have to pass a test, showing they had some competence before being allowed to buy. I said "Oh you mean like driving! Yep that works great, just look how well that works on the drive into work every day. All those people showed by passing a test how competent they were to drive a car." He did not want to discuss it with me after that for some reason. :D

Young guy I work with and I got to talking "guns" other day. He was saying he "felt" people who want to own a gun should at least have to pass a test, showing they had some competence before being allowed to buy. I said "Oh you mean like driving! Yep that works great, just look how well that works on the drive into work every day. All those people showed by passing a test how competent they were to drive a car." He did not want to discuss it with me after that for some reason. :D
If you have that opportunity again in the future, try the have-to-get-training-to-have-children angle. Being free to procreate in this country may not be a natural rite written anywhere. But I would say it does fall under...

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

If you have that opportunity again in the future, try the have-to-get-training-to-have-children angle. Being free to procreate in this country may not be a natural rite written anywhere. But I would say it does fall under...

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
Article the eleventh... The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Article the twelfth... The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Oh well. Everything is a lie now. Truth is as rare as hen's teeth. EVs are NOT "Earth" friendly at all. Before an EV drives one mile it has already used as many coal/other resources as a gas vehicle at 44k miles. We certainly do live in the Empire of Lies. EVs are desired only because of control. Easier to monitor and turn off access for us minions and useless eaters.

"The North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) has released its latest reliability assessment for the summer of 2022 and, to put it mildly, the news is not good. In far too many states, the power grid is already nearly at full capacity, and in the next few months, that capacity will be exceeded. This isn't a question of "if" or really even "when." It's just a fact."
Washington has 160 hydro power stations. is there going to be a water shortage also?
just in my valley alone, there are 3 hydro dams
USGS has a dashboard that allows me to monitor every river in the state and I'm not seeing a shortage, even in August
the dams they want to take down for salmon runs are old obsolete power dams that don't affect our power grid
now if you live in California or Nevada, different story

How much barge traffic goes through the dams they want torn down?
How many truckloads or train cars would be needed to replace that barge traffic?

How much barge traffic goes through the dams they want torn down?
How many truckloads or train cars would be needed to replace that barge traffic?
just so happens, there's an independent report on that

Commodity barging between Tri-Cities and Lewiston is lower cost for shipping goods than by rail or trucking, but would no longer be possible without the dams. That would require increased costs to upgrade and maintain shortline rail networks and both local and state roads. Those costs could run as high as $4.8 billion.

just so happens, there's an independent report on that

Commodity barging between Tri-Cities and Lewiston is lower cost for shipping goods than by rail or trucking, but would no longer be possible without the dams. That would require increased costs to upgrade and maintain shortline rail networks and both local and state roads. Those costs could run as high as $4.8 billion.

Not to mention flood control

Not to mention flood control
I found a report that 60% of commodities coming down the Snake River is American Wheat

that would not be possible if the dams were removed

not to worry, we can always buy wheat from China

Currently, barges annually replace approx.150,000 truck trips. Because of the constant threat of Dam removal its estimated that that figure would increase five-fold if the shipping companies were assured that an increase of their investment in shipping wouldn't be rendered valueless by Dam removal. The constant Democrat threats of removal have discouraged shipping and industry from locating in the region because they deem it too risky in the mid to long term.

Imagine if they were constantly threatening to remove highway passes, or railway tunnels because they endangered some "sacred cow" or allowed "mingling" of species from East side to West side.

Many here firmly believe our environment would improve if all highways from California were breached. :s0155:

Currently, barges annually replace approx.150,000 truck trips. Because of the constant threat of Dam removal its estimated that that figure would increase five-fold if the shipping companies were assured that an increase of their investment in shipping wouldn't be rendered valueless by Dam removal. The constant Democrat threats of removal have discouraged shipping and industry from locating in the region because they deem it too risky in the mid to long term.

Imagine if they were constantly threatening to remove highway passes, or railway tunnels because they endangered some "sacred cow" or allowed "mingling" of species from East side to West side.

Many here firmly believe our environment would improve if highways from California were breached. :s0155:
How many trains trips would the barges account for?

"One four-barge tow can move as much grain as 144 rail cars or 538 semi-trucks."

"Several studies cite shipping prices during scheduled lock outages for maintenance between December 2010 and March 2011 and found that during the outage, over 90% of the grain by volume was shipped by rail and that shippers experienced a nearly 40% increase in shipping and storage costs."

How many trains trips would the barges account for?

"One four-barge tow can move as much grain as 144 rail cars or 538 semi-trucks."

"Several studies cite shipping prices during scheduled lock outages for maintenance between December 2010 and March 2011 and found that during the outage, over 90% of the grain by volume was shipped by rail and that shippers experienced a nearly 40% increase in shipping and storage costs."
but think of the profit Warren Buffet can make by purchasing the spur rail lines
make sure you invest in Berkshire Hathaway for your retirement fund

Oh well. Everything is a lie now. Truth is as rare as hen's teeth. EVs are NOT "Earth" friendly at all. Before an EV drives one mile it has already used as many coal/other resources as a gas vehicle at 44k miles. We certainly do live in the Empire of Lies. EVs are desired only because of control. Easier to monitor and turn off access for us minions and useless eaters.
As with almost everything its "follow the money". EV's are making some people VERY wealthy. All that money being made brings influence. Look at the "so called vaccine" for this new bug. They lied for years saying it was a vaccine. After years of it they finally got to where they could no longer lie BUT, look how hard its still being pushed? Its because it has minted several new billionaires. The fact that it does not work means nothing, people are getting insanely wealthy selling it. So they push law makers to push the drug. EV's are great vehicles. They ARE NOT "good for the environment". They are good for making a lot of people a LOT of money. So law makers who follow cash like a dog follows a treat, line up to do as the cash tells them to do. :s0092:

As with almost everything its "follow the money". EV's are making some people VERY wealthy. All that money being made brings influence. Look at the "so called vaccine" for this new bug. They lied for years saying it was a vaccine. After years of it they finally got to where they could no longer lie BUT, look how hard its still being pushed? Its because it has minted several new billionaires. The fact that it does not work means nothing, people are getting insanely wealthy selling it. So they push law makers to push the drug. EV's are great vehicles. They ARE NOT "good for the environment". They are good for making a lot of people a LOT of money. So law makers who follow cash like a dog follows a treat, line up to do as the cash tells them to do. :s0092:
The ultimate irony is watching modern day self described liberals line up and support these actions. Liberal indeed.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top