JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

"The North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) has released its latest reliability assessment for the summer of 2022 and, to put it mildly, the news is not good. In far too many states, the power grid is already nearly at full capacity, and in the next few months, that capacity will be exceeded. This isn't a question of "if" or really even "when." It's just a fact."
We won't be able to……won't have electricity to post it.

One does not need much to keep a laptop and router running. Which is good, because then I can continue to work during a blackout.
I'll just stay at work in the woods. It will be a paid camping trip

4B120CF8-5ED1-44F2-8C7A-C8D545B8275A.jpeg

YAY! Let's all buy more electric cars and replace our natural gas heating and appliances with electric ones to save the planet!

maybe we need restrictor plates on peoples ACs or somn

ive never had an AC - not in portland, not in texas, not in georgia.. im not gonna sht on people wanting to pay money to be comfortable, but it IS these comfort-only devices that fck the grid up.

Don't get me started about the coming grid shutdowns. I am the spaz about them. Anyone got Kerosene and lanterns? Ready to go 1883? Of all people, about 12 years ago Ashton Kutcher said JUST an internet/mobile shutdown would have most youth in a state of panic and suicide. Probably the most correct thing he ever said.

maybe we need restrictor plates on peoples ACs or somn

ive never had an AC - not in portland, not in texas, not in georgia.. im not gonna sht on people wanting to pay money to be comfortable, but it IS these comfort-only devices that fck the grid up.
Modern AC's running off of inverter driven motors use a fraction of the power of the PSC motors they're replacing. Pro tip, turning your AC off at night to "save energy" ends up working harder to counteract the heat load waiting for it in the morning.

Was chuckling about that comment the other day. Sadly today's youth are about as pathetic as they possible could be.
Yes, there are exceptions and some may be brilliant, but damn. Lazy, spoon fed, narcissist and ..... stupid. How they will handle adversity such as SHTF or a greater depression is probably .... just dying off.

Was chuckling about that comment the other day. Sadly today's youth are about as pathetic as they possible could be.
Yes, there are exceptions and some may be brilliant, but damn. Lazy, spoon fed, narcissist and ..... stupid. How they will handle adversity such as SHTF or a greater depression is probably .... just dying off.

I suspect we all view generations after us as namby pambies. This current crop of kiddies, though, seems particularly impaired. In a 'baggage to society' kind of way.

But I am a cynical fellow. Who knows, one of them might invent the next… Twitter.

Last Edited:
An amazing number of people have been convinced to vote to destroy the country they live in. When they get what they have been voting for I guess they can enjoy it. :s0092:
It will be funny as hell to watch all those who were so laughing at gas prices in their EV's when they can no longer charge the EV.

The way this is going got me to order another genset. Have a LP gas one that will run 7K watts. Damn thing is about 15 years old. Decided be nice to have a back up in case so just ordered up a dual fuel that will run 9500K wattage. Wife will probably roll her eyes when she sees it next week but, if we do lose the power she will not be rolling her eye's when we have AC :D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top