JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What is it ?

Troops were wearing body armor over their BDU shirts 20 years ago and in desert warfare this was not a good solution.
So the Combat Shirt was developed.
The British answer was a Dri-Tex torso with 60/40 sleeves that had pockets for neoprene pads, 3 per arm.
I take the padding out.
American designs were similar.

The early designs were not flame resistant and these can be had at the Surplus stores for low prices as new production goes to flame resistant.
Current, top-of-line Crye Precision (American) shirts can be $150 or more while Surplus British shirts have been seen at $9, $11, $17, $25
I bought some British shirts at $17 from Sportsman's Guide online.
The British shirts are especially plentiful.

It's amazing how comfortable these shirts are.
It's like being in a Tee shirt only your arms are covered.
My favorites are British DPM (Coffee Stain) and Tru-Spec (Urban Force)
Tru-Spec is the best value/build quality in the American brands. Others are Massif and Rothco.
I use them for work and for hunting/fishing.

I found some Tru-Spec on Amazon for $20-something each.

Tru-Spec Urban Force OD Green
2584f.png

British DPM (Coffee Stain)
176924_ts.jpg

The British coffee-stain DPM is also great to practice prone, if you get the ones with the removable arm pads. Even if you use shooting mats, as a long while on some mats can tear up elbows.

Looks like only XL available at the moment (thru Sportsmans Guide): $25, currently. Still an excellent value for bigger guys (or ladies).

British Military Surplus Combat Shirt, Desert DPM Camo, New - 176924, Military & Tactical Shirts at Sportsman's Guide

@DirectDrive , do the truspec have insert pockets for elbow pads?

Thanks.

The Tru-Spec Urban Force does not have provisions for the pads.
There are other Tru-Spec models which may.

These are British (Made in U. K.) and have elbow and forearm pockets for the neoprene padding.
The padding pockets are a nice design where access is from the outside and they have Velcro closures.

I'm sending them back because the sleeves are a little short for me.
They are marked XL
I paid $28 each plus ship.....I'll be at $37-$38 each with return shipping added in.
I'd take $20 each if someone wants them (have 2 in new condition)
p-13968-0464.gif

Last Edited:
@DirectDrive , do the truspec have insert pockets for elbow pads?

Thanks.
The Tru-Spec Urban Force model shirt has interior pockets for neoprene-type padding at the elbows.
Pocket size is approx. 5" x 8"

My previous response was incorrect.
I do have 2 new sets of neoprene padding taken from the British shirts.
Free for the asking.

I just rec'd two of the Tru-Spec Hi-Viz shirts.
Tru-Spec is some very good quality stuff.
And they're sizing covers a wide range.
klXXdxBYcxFcFgajOJibmLHYyBXdhLPD-24.jpg

Last Edited:
Army_Combat_Shirt.png
We had these in Afghan.

while comfy for daily duties they weren't exactly the best when it came time to put on the full kit an go run around a few days out the wire.

we noticed they trapped more sweat on the body and had a weird odor to them. Smelt slightly fishy. Most just went back to their regular ACU's. Then again it was the initial batch we got to test out so maybe they've made improvements? All I know is compared to just an ACU this thing just stuck to the skin while soaked in sweat and unlike the ACU's these didn't dry out so well so at night times if you wore this it was still damp like a sponge material and that SUCKED up top mountains over night.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top