JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While I feel bad for all involved 35 years old is a bit out of the usual "SJW" demographic unless he was a teacher, etc. He also was there with an unknown number of friends.

My opinion: The shooter did a lot of things wrong but he may have fled due to being outnumbered. My sis is a Psychologist & numerous studies have shown that a males brain doesn't full develop (i.e., discerning the best course of actions in risky situations ) until they're in their mid-20's so based on both men's ages they should have been able to react accordingly. That being said, the 'fight or flight' mechanism kicks in automatically at almost any age and if I didn't want to shoot some of his friends I may have run as well but called the police ASAP from a safe distance. I'm also 67 with 20/20 hindsight & after making poor decisions in my life 35 - 40 years ago I've always found it's better (if they need to be involved) to be upfront with a LEO as to why I made those decisions and 99% of the time they appreciate that I contacted them.

As a recovered alcoholic I have first hand knowledge in making extremely poor decisions while being drunk & carrying - like sticking my nose into an argument in a men's room that I had no involvement in. There were two men arguing and considering one of them was much smaller than the other guy I stuck my nose in, asked the smaller guy if he was going to be OK at which point the larger guy became aggressive with me & said it was "none of my F-ing business" (totally true) but I about 1/2 second later my G19 was shoved against his face and his hands went straight up & he didn't move. Once again I asked the smaller guy if he was going to be OK, he assured me he was so I re-holstered & went back to "my" barstool. I stopped drinking cold turkey about a year later but even now I shudder to think about what could have happened. I lived in New England, the Mob ran the club and owned the police dept. and weren't at all fond of the ethnicity of the guy with the gun up his nose. Really stupid, lame excuses for dumb behavior on my part but where I was, who owned the club & local police I probably wouldn't have been criminally charged. But - it was still totally stooopud on my part to get involved.

I feel bad for all parties involved in this tragic situation and neither side comes out "a winner."

There may be more to this story on the shooters end. They said he was prior military might have some under lying issues that we don't know.

PTSD is rampant not only due to Military service but is extremely common in all walks of life. My Psychologist sister only treats women who've been diagnosed with PTSD because of her first marriage and the abuse she endured. Even a brutal beat-down by my Dad & Shrek-size younger brother her ex never learned so she eventually escaped.

PTSD is rampant not only due to Military service but is extremely common in all walks of life. My Psychologist sister only treats women who've been diagnosed with PTSD because of her first marriage and the abuse she endured. Even a brutal beat-down by my Dad & Shrek-size younger brother her ex never learned so she eventually escaped.
While we're speculating, did the aggressor or his buddies have BLM ties?

Or are people just going to bash people that have served their country ...

Yea lets keep it in context here - and not forget who did the 'yelling and charging' - AND witnessed by his 'friends'.
The two witnesses with Tveidt told detectives that Tveidt "jumped out of his car and began yelling and charging at the person who was shooting." The witnesses heard several gunshots and saw Tveidt fall to the ground.

'On the surface' I empathize with Nutter. I shoot by myself often and have put myself in his place.

Also the report of the 'two witnesses' doesn't seem to have done their friend any good. I would think if there were any extenuating circumstances they would have mentioned it - and it would have also been reported on - but it seems their witness statement is pretty cut and dry.

Last Edited:
My takeaways from what I know about this incident is this. Don't get drunk and charge
a guy with an AR and always expect the unexpected. Obviously shooter made some questionable decisions but it all started with the sunset charger not minding his own business and somehow feeling the need to charge a guy just minding his own business. Bad deal all the way around :(.

My takeaways from what I know about this incident is this. Don't get drunk and charge
a guy with an AR and always expect the unexpected. Obviously shooter made some questionable decisions but it all started with the sunset charger not minding his own business and somehow feeling the need to charge a guy just minding his own business. Bad deal all the way around :(.
This here! Sadly it sure sounds like the shooter could not have been any more stupid AFTER the shoot. The more I read about the "victim" the more it sounds like some kook who finally ran out of dumb luck. Long ago Father dated a woman who had a friend like this. Told us a tale of his death. She said her friend had a "little bit of a temper problem" as she put it. One day he gets mad at another driver, runs other driver off the road, runs over and grabs other driver through his window. Other driver shoots and kills him right there. The woman then laments that "they didn't do anything to the shooter." My Dad and I said at the same time her friend died of terminal stupidity, we would have done the same thing, shot him. She was shocked we both felt that way. A LOT of people go through life with huge chip on shoulder, unable to control their emotions. Often they get away with it a long time till one day they don't. Sadly the shooter just could not have done things any worse when it was over.

While we're speculating, did the aggressor or his buddies have BLM ties?

If you're under the impression that I'm bashing the military my apologies - I'm very pro military.

After reading the article and knowing that area I would say that too much alcohol mixed with firearms is the cause of this mess. That area is pretty rural and chances are the shooter knows or knows of the victim and for all we know they could've had a prior beef with each other. Also shooting after dark on public lands is not usually very kosher since you don't have a clear line of sight anymore and you can't verify the back stop. The guy who got shot saw the other guys truck and drove into the line of fire and then got out to confront the guy shooting. Why? Who knows? Maybe he thought the guy was violating hunting rules by shooting after dark, maybe he thought the dude shouldn't have been drinking and shooting, maybe he was just being a Karen and putting himself in a situation that wasn't called for. Knowing this area well you would know the chances of a local being an SJW are slim to none and BLM even less likely. This is a beer fuelled shooting and that's all.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top