JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I havent deleted a thread in a while, but anyone is free to ask me why I did it.......... If I do it.

If you want, I can IM the OP of the thread and let him know why his thread got ruined. (Ususally its another member messing up the topic)

There should be a better way to get feedback.

I even thought someone could post "Why was the Kill Obaba thread deleted" and then report their own post so the mods would be drawn right to it. But, that of course would be against the rules.

Mis-spelled intentionally to keep the NSA from kicking down my door...:s0114:

Or maybe the man doesn't want peoples' political BS smeared on his board walls.

But the fascism stuff obviously brings you some gratification, so go with that.

Ben, I have read and re-read yours and several other members on this forum that seem to take offense at nearly every political topic that gets posted.
The fact is, Joe and Northwest Firearms has a topic called " Legal and Political" with the caveat that items must be firearm related. I'm not making a personal attack, but why be so thin skinned about certain posts? Reading your posts, you're obviously intelligent, so I would think that we could all understand that a forum relating to firearms with the topics of "legal and political " are going to be based on Second Amendment issues, most of which are heavily influenced and cherished by conservative and constitutionalist core values.

So, again, not calling YOU out specifically, I assume that posts such as the erudne put up, where he states that some on this board are getting a free pass in regards to the personal attacks is accurate. Most of us here are trying to attack a problem ( most of which/ not all has been created by the Left) whereas some on the board, it seems, are merely attacking the forum member.

I havent deleted a thread in a while, but anyone is free to ask me why I did it.......... If I do it.

If you want, I can IM the OP of the thread and let him know why his thread got ruined. (Ususally its another member messing up the topic)

There should be a better way to get feedback.

I even thought someone could post "Why was the Kill Obaba thread deleted" and then report their own post so the mods would be drawn right to it. But, that of course would be against the rules.

Mis-spelled intentionally to keep the NSA from kicking down my door...:s0114:

So why not tell us why the 2 posts on alternative power were locked in Survival and Preparedness, the second OP did not even have a response posted before it was locked.
PS the NSA has an algorithm for 'miss-spelled words'

Ben, I have read and re-read yours and several other members on this forum that seem to take offense at nearly every political topic that gets posted.
The fact is, Joe and Northwest Firearms has a topic called " Legal and Political" with the caveat that items must be firearm related. I'm not making a personal attack, but why be so thin skinned about certain posts? Reading your posts, you're obviously intelligent, so I would think that we could all understand that a forum relating to firearms with the topics of "legal and political " are going to be based on Second Amendment issues, most of which are heavily influenced and cherished by conservative and constitutionalist core values.

So, again, not calling YOU out specifically, I assume that posts such as the erudne put up, where he states that some on this board are getting a free pass in regards to the personal attacks is accurate. Most of us here are trying to attack a problem ( most of which/ not all has been created by the Left) whereas some on the board, it seems, are merely attacking the forum member.

Call me out. I'm guilty. I totally admit to taking a condescending tone with a select portion of established members on this board. In response to accusations that I (being a representative of groups that are constantly, unintelligently, ignorantly attacked on this board) am "seeking to destroy our country" and similar sentiments, I've tried the no we're not, mate! Just so happens we have a different style, but we're on the same side! approach, and it's not been received.

I'm hearing in this thread:

-I should be able to continue to make ideologically slanderous, racist, treasonous, comments and post articles that support these ideas
-Those I'm insulting should not be allowed to display offense at the offense
-The problem is those damn liberals again

But here's the thing, gentlemen... even if we did ban "liberals," what you'd find is that these labels are all relative... and you'd still all be fighting and name calling and bubblegum talking between yourselves, when people post political topics and make inaccurate generalizations about the groups they perceive as their enemy. It wouldn't change anything around here.

Call me out. I'm guilty. I totally admit to taking a condescending tone with a select portion of established members on this board. In response to accusations that I (being a representative of groups that are constantly, unintelligently, ignorantly attacked on this board) am "seeking to destroy our country" and similar sentiments, I've tried the no we're not, mate! Just so happens we have a different style, but we're on the same side! approach, and it's not been received.

I'm hearing in this thread:

-I should be able to continue to make ideologically slanderous, racist, treasonous, comments and post articles that support these ideas
-Those I'm insulting should not be allowed to display offense at the offense
-The problem is those damn liberals again

But here's the thing, gentlemen... even if we did ban "liberals," what you'd find is that these labels are all relative... and you'd still all be fighting and name calling and bubblegum talking between yourselves, when people post political topics and make inaccurate generalizations about the groups they perceive as their enemy. It wouldn't change anything around here.

Ben, again....from my post above -" The fact is, Joe and Northwest Firearms has a topic called " Legal and Political" with the caveat that items must be firearm related. I'm not making a personal attack, but why be so thin skinned about certain posts? Reading your posts, you're obviously intelligent, so I would think that we could all understand that a forum relating to firearms with the topics of "legal and political " are going to be based on Second Amendment issues, most of which are heavily influenced and cherished by conservative and constitutionalist core values."

Instead of the emotional toll you're putting on yourself and talking in circles, address the issues rather than the forum members.

Personal attacks are a waste of energy....

Because I didn't delete them.

I don't know anything about them.

And those posts Mods would/did/could delete, there would be a flag left in it's place saying "I did it" so that the original poster could contact the Mod?

I ask because I'm not seeing that sort of transparency enabled on this forum.
As a former Super Mod on a large site I'm aware that Mod. Forums exist on sites like this where Mods leave each other notes and comm. w/the forum owner.
In my experience 'group think' is quickly established that often has little connection with the Official Rules. Some Mods form hostilities against members and will delete or lock those posts just to infuriate a member in the hopes of banning them, often 2 Mods will work in tandem at this game, even enroll a friend from outside to act as a "uninterested 3rd party".
The most disturbing aspect to the above behavior is that it is concealed from legitimate members by a curtain of secrecy and denial that is generated by the shame and self-loathing of the perpetrators who will, quite often, offer-up any number of canards as to why such secrecy (and power) must be maintained over the membership

And those posts Mods would/did/could delete, there would be a flag left in it's place saying "I did it" so that the original poster could contact the Mod?

As a former Super Mod on a large site I'm aware that Mod. Forums exist on sites like this where Mods leave each other notes and comm. w/the forum owner.
In my experience 'group think' is quickly established that often has little connection with the Official Rules. Some Mods form hostilities against members and will delete or lock those posts just to infuriate a member in the hopes of banning them, often 2 Mods will work in tandem at this game, even enroll a friend from outside to act as a "uninterested 3rd party".
The most disturbing aspect to the above behavior is that it is concealed from legitimate members by a curtain of secrecy and denial that is generated by the shame and self-loathing of the perpetrators who will, quite often, offer-up any number of canards as to why such secrecy (and power) must be maintained over the membership

I hear ya. I am a mod on AR15.com also. There is more transparency there also.

Whenever I edit a persons post I add a note.

Keep this thread on topic......<coctailer>

Reel your neck in new guy, we don't allow racist comments here......<coctailer>

There is a mod section on NWFA, but in all honesty, we don't communicate with each other very much.

I agree, there should be an "I did it" with the mods name when a thread is edited or deleted.

I hear ya. I am a mod on AR15.com also. There is more transparency there also.

Whenever I edit a persons post I add a note.

Keep this thread on topic......<coctailer>

Reel your neck in new guy, we don't allow racist comments here......<coctailer>

There is a mod section on NWFA, but in all honesty, we don't communicate with each other very much.

I agree, there should be an "I did it" with the mods name when a thread is edited or deleted.

This will be changed once the migration to the new site is complete. No point in developing procedures for the old software when the new software is right around the corner. I assure you this lack of transparency is not intentional, I want the moderation of this site to be as transparent as possible. Moderators should not be doing anything without letting the individual or thread participants know the reasoning behind the action.

I blame myself for this. Due to a lack of time there has been a lack of direction for the moderators here, which is going to change as well.

"I blame myself for this. Due to a lack of time there has been a lack of direction for the moderators here, which is going to change as well."

I accept your intent as stated; any honest effort will be greatly appreciated :)

I blame myself for this. Due to a lack of time there has been a lack of direction for the moderators here, which is going to change as well.
Being a leader myself in my career who has had to take the blame for numerous co-workers, I can accept and respect this. Accepting responsibility for those who are under your direct supervision, is what leaders are supposed to do and not throw them under the bus.

I will admit there were a few instances that puzzled me, as to why some threads/posts were deleted/locked, yet others remained open.

There is some inconsistency it seems at times and should be addressed. Which you seem to be aware of.

There is no way you will be able to satisfy everybody's opinions with a membership as large and diverse as Northwest Firearms is.

As long as your decision complies with my opinion, then I won't call you out. Lol!!!!! Sarcasm intended!

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top