JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
It's not about not saying things we believe in- we SHOULD be debating and preaching ONLY things we believe in. The problem is partisanizing what we believe in- calling this thing that I believe in a "conservative" value or stance or topic, and labeling the opposition, or anything at all that I don't like, "liberal."

Calling gun-control a "liberal" effort, for a very applicable example- That's gonna piss off every liberal on this board, who will tell you hell no that's not a liberal position.

I agree. Sometimes we do name call a bit too much. I am guilty as charged as well.

Sorry Blitz.

Back on topic.
I think there should be at least some kind of explanation from the Moderators as to why a post or a thread is closed. We can't change what we are doing if we don't know what we did.

It's not about not saying things we believe in- we SHOULD be debating and preaching ONLY things we believe in. The problem is partisanizing what we believe in- calling this thing that I believe in a "conservative" value or stance or topic, and labeling the opposition, or anything at all that I don't like, "liberal."

Calling gun-control a "liberal" effort, for a very applicable example- That's gonna piss off every liberal on this board, who will tell you hell no that's not a liberal position.

Sometimes I use Lib in place of what I really mean which is Democrat so as not to piss anybody who votes Dem all the time off. Voting a single party faithfully your entire life always confused me but I feel I'm stepping on toes harder when I complain about Dems 2ndA voting record in OR so I often say lib. Are you suggesting saying Dem would be better?

$5000 offered to fire a MOD? Wow that would be so funny to "fire" the mod and then into a new mod (old mod with a new name) and $5000 worth of neat firearms bought with the 5K

Wow some people take this interweb sillyness abit to serious.

I come hear to read about guns, and ignore most of the other stuff...Well there is the cpap thing that I shared

Sometimes I use Lib in place of what I really mean which is Democrat so as not to piss anybody who votes Dem all the time off. Voting a single party faithfully your entire life always confused me but I feel I'm stepping on toes harder when I complain about Dems 2ndA voting record in OR so I often say lib. Are you suggesting saying Dem would be better?

Since the Democrat party has a long standing track record of 2nd amendment misinterpretation, gun control legislation, and being anti-gun in general, I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with acknowledging that fact.

HOWEVER, in our current context, it's still counter-productive. Why make it a partisan issue? There ARE actually a lot of Democrats who are not anti-gun. Are all Democrats your enemy? No.... who IS your enemy???

ANTIS are your enemy, and they belong to ALL political parties, I'm sorry to tell you.

Since the Democrat party has a long standing track record of 2nd amendment misinterpretation, gun control legislation, and being anti-gun in general, I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with acknowledging that fact.

HOWEVER, in our current context, it's still counter-productive. Why make it a partisan issue? There ARE actually a lot of Democrats who are not anti-gun. Are all Democrats your enemy? No.... who IS your enemy???

ANTIS are your enemy, and they belong to ALL political parties, I'm sorry to tell you.
I believe there are many Dems (and Repubs!) who are low info voters. In the context of guns an uninformed Dem (who may even love guns) is as much an enemy as an outright anti.
Forums like this that crossover into politics might be the wake up call they need. Their uniformed vote after all will not bode well for gun rights.

Funny. That is the same conclusion reached by most members of the Liberal Gun Club.

Then, it is time to decide what is most important when you mark your ballot. Like I said, it is the division that has us at odds. The injection of all the other propaganda that keeps us from forming a united front. All the fear mongering about what the conservatives are going to do if they get elected keeps folks separated. We can see what the anti gun platform is and where it comes from. It doesn't come from the conservatives in this country.

I think this forum should have one anything goes section. "Off Topic" should be it. Say what you really think. Mods, hands off.

There are some boards that have this feature. Rules-free areas, essentially. Works great, for small boards with low visibility. But NWFA is pretty fricken big these days, and growing. We've been quoted on the news, even- as representative opinions of things active-shooter and gun related. That puts this board in a position of opportunity- opportunity to look like bubbleguming jackwagons, or like people with insight, education, and (uhg) common-sense.

I personally like the idea of low moderation. If people want to think yahoos on gun boards are representative samples, let 'em. But I don't think that's Joe's position, as king of this domain.

I might suggest a member's-only rumpus-room, though, as alternative. Could even do a confidentiality agreement for access, and sue media sources who violate the agreement if need arose.

The situation has gone off the rails threads that cover alternative power sources have been locked twice in the Prep and Survival forum.
WHY?
There is no accountability and dang little 'common sense' displayed by TPTB here. The situation has gone from aggravating to bizarre and is now approaching a pathological level rarely seen outside of Obama's WH.
I visit this site 10 times a day but it looks like I may have to drastically reduce that number, if only to lower my blood pressure.
I'm sure, if I took the time, I could find another forum that was less aggravating

..... that I have read every post, every page.

My number One request to our Forum Owner, would be:

Minimum, a PM to the Originator of any thread that was Closed, if It Needed to be private.

IOW, as I read through these 7 pages, the One occurring theme was "notification" Why a thread was closed, & hence, if need be a PM, But Notification is much needed, as the requests for same shows!!!

I do not feel Mods should stay out of the Off Topic portion.... there are ~some people~ (I have to include myself in this category) who will cross over the line sometimes.... Of course that begs the Question: "Why"?

The answer is invariably My thick skin got sandpapered off.... by statements made at my expense. :huh: :D

I have, and do take time outs, from the forum, if idjits are posting.

Idjits? defined: Anybody that knowingly post Non-Truth's to create SPAM or off topic thoughts. Even in this thread itself, Joe has wonderfully Stated "keep it together" rather than get sidetracked by personality differences. And if the thread is Politically about Guns, yes, the infiltration of subversives has been seen or noted by myslf, and others, and I think it behooves us to bring that to Light. Speak truth, but OUT the subversive Nature of the Poster.....

I Left a forum, that I belonged to Pre-Y2K because of certain personalities being "more equal" than other personalities..... And I am not referring to Moderators there.... When it got to a point where it was Incorrect to question "their threads", I EMailed the Head in Charge of Mods and said: 'Buh Bye'. I have not looked back on it.

Some forums lose their appeal, if not Moderated Correctly. That will ultimately be Joe's decision, how and what gets changed.

But speaking of Moderators, One thought I liked in another forum I go to is this:

How to Know, when a Moderator is Posting as a Moderator!!!! I guess that goes along the lines of When posts are closed concept....

The last thing I will share is, even though we should/do have thick skin, When there are obvious attacks on a person, it should be reported, not continue to Batt it back and forth "your momma wears Combat Boots" etc. :s0131: People: that can be stopped following the guidelines... and using that little triangle in the lower left corner of the offending post.

I guess thats is Two 1950 pennies worth...

philip,
done for the night

I don't even want to remember the many veiled and not so veiled comments about hostile action against the Govt. and Govt. officials by more than a few here. It's a wonder the secret service hasn't shut us down yet. Who? I seriously don't remember as I avoid these discussions like the plague!

He was trying to pull an invisible rabbit out of a hat with a hole in it.
He knows I have never threatened anyone here and using Alinsky tactics to plant doubt, but cannot back it up because it does not exist.
I have not seen any serious threats against anyone nearly as bad as the left commits attack threats against conservatives across the country. They get a free ride.
Even a 10,000 hit contract put out against Zimmerman, which was a felony actually was passed by by holder because they were in his camp and not the right.
That is pretty typical. Then the idiot gathering signatures to put gunowners in fema camps and execute them.
Joke or no joke attempt, it was not humorous.
One thing I do not do is threaten. I never have. If an action needs to be taken its best to just do it, but
to threaten someone is wasted wind by skirt clingers..

Sorry Blitz.

Back on topic.
I think there should be at least some kind of explanation from the Moderators as to why a post or a thread is closed. We can't change what we are doing if we don't know what we did.

I just had a thread dumped without one word why.
It was valid, it was gun related and it made good sense, but was dumped just the same???????

They cannot be separated, if we are to address the attack on our liberties in general, and in defense of the 2A in particular.
With all due respect...
I'm not sure the reasons behind what appears to be an aversion of such things herein.
It is no secret that most (not all) gun owners tend to be freedom and liberty loving individuals who are for less government, more freedoms, and are typically fiscal conservatives and Libertarian types.
It would appear this site is soft stepping for , and accommodating a very few.

Accommodating? How? Are liberals allowed to post political stuff, but conservatives aren't?

What exactly are you saying? Do you even realize what the problem is? It's the wacko conspiracy/overthrow-the-government BS and nasty political fights that result in threads being closed to save the board face- that IS already happening. The solution is to enforce the long-standing rule against political topics... not just conservative or liberal political topics, ALL political topics.

So where's the accommodation? Or are you implying that liberals should be banned? And if so, who's going to write the definition for "liberal?"

On any media source you will find it is dominated by 'Liberals' All US Government Depts are controlled by 'Liberals' and ALL those Depts are being turned against US Citizens and the US Constitution. The nation is being destroyed but if anyone here mentions it they are deemed to have fewer rights than those who actively or passively endorse the nation's destruction and their voice, their freedom of speech is squelched under the guise of "Politics".
If that is the meaning of the term Forum, where only the PC Crowd get's it's say, then I'm already living in a world ruled by Fascists

On any media source you will find it is dominated by 'Liberals' All US Government Depts are controlled by 'Liberals' and ALL those Depts are being turned against US Citizens and the US Constitution. The nation is being destroyed but if anyone here mentions it they are deemed to have fewer rights than those who actively or passively endorse the nation's destruction and their voice, their freedom of speech is squelched under the guise of "Politics".
If that is the meaning of the term Forum, where only the PC Crowd get's it's say, then I'm already living in a world ruled by Fascists

Or maybe the man doesn't want peoples' political BS smeared on his board walls.

But the fascism stuff obviously brings you some gratification, so go with that.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads