JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I personally would prefer a much tighter emphasis on firearms. Less of the Police state, survivalist, tin foil hat crap.

I read the forum from the New posts Button and its a PITA to wad through all the holier then thou I support this more then you crap. I sure don't need to be yelled at by a bunch of cheerleaders. I know what's going on and why. I've known all about the fight for Gun rights since the spring of 1968.

I came here to talk about firearms not about all the other crap. If I wanted all the other crap I would go to a forum called NORTHWEST ALL THE OTHER CRAP.....

You now have a choice of what to open.
You would shut up others that are also here to defend your rights ?
I see little logic when your fingers can select what you read.
Your methods will ultimately cost you the 2nd !
It is the symptom of what is wrong with the country. Cut an Dry.

You can take your political jousting to a thousand other forums out there. We're called Northwest Firearms for a reason and I don't want to have to wade through a bunch of non-related posts to find what I'm interested in. Set up a political discussion board and call it whatever you like and vent all you want there. When I'm interested in discussing and debating politics I'll come visit.

So yeah, we agreed to the golden rules when we signed up for this board. Don't break the rules and tell me I have a choice to not read the posts. Rather, you should obey the rules you agreed to in the first place.

You can take your political jousting to a thousand other forums out there. We're called Northwest Firearms for a reason and I don't want to have to wade through a bunch of non-related posts to find what I'm interested in. Set up a political discussion board and call it whatever you like and vent all you want there. When I'm interested in discussing and debating politics I'll come visit.

So yeah, we agreed to the golden rules when we signed up for this board. Don't break the rules and tell me I have a choice to not read the posts. Rather, you should obey the rules you agreed to in the first place.

You have an option of opening a hundred other threads. No one leads you by the nose to the political thread or the off topic thread, you seek those out all by yourself.
end.

To Joe and others.
These are the exact type of people we need to not listen to, but we do need to have a voice to defend the 2nd and discuss politics and how to fix this country..
Again it is the left minded that want to shut us up.
If that is done Joe, you and everyone here loses.
That is precisely what they are trying to do.
NO ONE is drug kicking and screaming to any thread, they open them just to find a reason to complain and shut down any defenses we have against the left.
They want free speech for themselves but no one else if it goes against their hidden agendas. That is pure fact.
I have been on the net since it's inception and their tactics never change.
This year 2014 and again in 2016 will bring them all out in force trying to censure
any opposition. It is a repeat that goes on forever.
They control the MSM and they are angry they do not control the internet, but they are sure trying to take control of it and censorship is one of their primary means of doing so.
You have a real opportunity here Joe to do some real good on gun rights issues and combating the anti's. Your following exceeds 30,000 right now and it is far better than any forum out there. It didn't get that way by being a censored site. Thousands read here, even if they do not comment, they learn and open their eyes as well.
I have friends in Canada that really admire this site. They read it all the time and wish they could be as open up there on public forums.

I am not sure I could follow what direction exactly your post was supporting or rebutting to Mark ??
Sorry but your post was kinda ll over the place, I couldn't quite get where you were going with it?
Or were you just blowing off steam ?

My post was a simple statement of my opinion. And a little bit of a comment on Taku's attempt at trying to put me down for something he has no actual knowledge of (what my support of the 2nd Amendment is).

Hope this helps you out.

I personally feel we need a zero tolerance policy on anti-second amendment forum members. We have hundreds of threads on NWF relating to the lousy job that our politicians do in upholding their vows to the Constitution, but we allow members on this site to trash the Constitution every time they post????

I disagree.

As a libertarian, I am about as pro second amendment as you can get if you have read any of my posts on what I believe it means.

I also support polite and rational discourse, even when someone disagrees strongly with me on a given topic, as long as they are polite and follow the rules.

If they aren't polite, or they troll, then I tend to ignore them, and on most forums there is an ignore mechanism on most forums.

Beyond that, if a troll becomes truly obnoxious, then they can be banned.

This is not a new problem for forums - it is a very common one.

If you ban anybody who you think is not in agreement with you, then you lose both the chance to engage them, and you lose the opportunity to learn their arguments and how to respond to them.

This thread is a great example of what's going haywire. We have a complete d-bag that is jacking the thread and a bunch of posers that somehow think that they can have their cake and eat it too. Listen up people, guns and the Constitution go hand in hand. Don't like it?, then sell your guns....because you've pretty much sold out already anyway.

Joe, I have pretty much said what I needed to.
I am not going to continue to respond to worthless one liners.

I have to say that I have fought this battle for pretty much most of my
67 year life and will continue to do so, either here or elsewhere,
but I will continue to battle.

If you want NWF to succumb to the leftists, that is your privilege,
as you own and operate the forum.
I really like it here and especially its potential to do good on behalf
of the 2nd Amendment and everything surrounding it.

It is very easy for anyone not interested in politics and off topics
to just not go to them.
I think the one liners here pretty much prove my point that they
search these out to make trouble when they could be enjoying other
areas of the forum. Instead they just disrupt.

Those are the exact things leftist trolls do do try and silence gun
owners that are in the fight, and I won't be silenced.

One way or another, here or elsewhere, I will continue this fight to the end.
Wherever, or by whatever means that requires.

I will leave it there and wait for what you decide to do with NWF.

I disagree.

This is not a new problem for forums - it is a very common one.

If you ban anybody who you think is not in agreement with you, then you lose both the chance to engage them, and you lose the opportunity to learn their arguments and how to respond to them.
It wouldn't be interesting if everybody was in agreement all the time. I'm sure this sight has swayed a few politically unaware also. This site has opened my eyes on a few things!
I would like to see limits on amounts of threads started in one day by one person and more women posting as well. Want to get more people voting pro-2ndA? Be more polite when someone is O.K. with more gun control and you want to tell them why they are wrong.

I personally would prefer a much tighter emphasis on firearms. Less of the Police state, survivalist, tin foil hat crap.

I read the forum from the New posts Button and its a PITA to wad through all the holier then thou I support this more then you crap. I sure don't need to be yelled at by a bunch of cheerleaders. I know what's going on and why. I've known all about the fight for Gun rights since the spring of 1968.

I came here to talk about firearms not about all the other crap. If I wanted all the other crap I would go to a forum called NORTHWEST ALL THE OTHER CRAP.....

Insulting other isn't usually a very effective way to get your point across, but I do get that you have an interest narrower than the forum as a whole. Not sure if it's possible or feasible, but it would be nice if you could configure what forums you want/don't want in the new posts query.

It wouldn't be interesting if everybody was in agreement all the time. I'm sure this sight has swayed a few politically unaware also. This site has opened my eyes on a few things!
I would like to see limits on amounts of threads started in one day by one person and more women posting as well. Want to get more people voting pro-2ndA? Be more polite when someone is O.K. with more gun control and you want to tell them why they are wrong.

If we did what you suggest, this forum would become a haven for all the trolls that infest all the other sites on the web.

Look, like I posted earlier, I'm not suggesting some type of totalitarian forum moderation to squelch free speech or independent thinking. I think we can find a balance between exchanging ideas, even if they differ, and promoting the Second Amendment. People that get on the site and promote more gun control, troll and threadjack, crap on regular forum members need to go.

If we did what you suggest, this forum would become a haven for all the trolls that infest all the other sites on the web.

Look, like I posted earlier, I'm not suggesting some type of totalitarian forum moderation to squelch free speech or independent thinking. I think we can find a balance between exchanging ideas, even if they differ, and promoting the Second Amendment. People that get on the site and promote more gun control, troll and threadjack, crap on regular forum members need to go.
Those promoting outright gun control, sure they have no place, but I'm talking the hunter or wheel gun collector who is O.K. with some restrictions like mag cap limits etc. Alienate them and you've lost your chance to get them on our side. Also some people are conflicted, strong 2A but also Obamacare, pro-choice etc.. Their mixed up voting priority might not be 2A! Forums like this are I see a good chance to un-mix their priorities. Calling them stupid is a good way to lose them for sure. Anyway that's just my 2cents. It might be pie in the sky I know but there it is anyway.

You have an option of opening a hundred other threads. No one leads you by the nose to the political thread or the off topic thread, you seek those out all by yourself.
end.

To Joe and others.
These are the exact type of people we need to not listen to, but we do need to have a voice to defend the 2nd and discuss politics and how to fix this country..
Again it is the left minded that want to shut us up.

This board is not a place to discuss how to fix this country and never has been. This is a forum to discuss a hobby we all have in common and discuss the 2nd.

I'm all for discussing anything 2nd related and how to combat the anti's but I thought general politics opens the door to a lot of bad blood and angry discussion that does not belong on a hobby board.

I am the exact type of person that should not be listened to? And you suggest I am left leaning? I hope the moderators will excuse me when I tell you that you can go bubblegum yourself.

This board is not a place to discuss how to fix this country and never has been. This is a forum to discuss a hobby we all have in common and discuss the 2nd.

I'm all for discussing anything 2nd related and how to combat the anti's but I thought general politics opens the door to a lot of bad blood and angry discussion that does not belong on a hobby board.

I am the exact type of person that should not be listened to? And you suggest I am left leaning? I hope the moderators will excuse me when I tell you that you can go bubblegum yourself.

The issue is, for some of us, firearms are not a hobby.....need a hobby, go collect stamps.

The issue is, for some of us, firearms are not a hobby.....need a hobby, go collect stamps.

Who are you to judge his dedication to the cause? Do you know him? Regardless this attitude is what this site doesn't need. If we want to keep winning this fight we need to attract exactly those people. Firearms are just a hobby to a huge portion of the population and we need all of those people on our side. Because no matter how right we know we are, no matter how right we know the founding fathers were by giving us the second amendment is this great republic majority rules and that all can be undone with majority votes. We really need a PR lesson on this site so we stop alienating people from our cause and start attracting them. Its not bowing to the left or being weak. Its smart business! Let's explain to people what the 2nd means to us instead of belittling them and questioning their dedication. Nothing will turn someone's opinion faster then treating them like crap and many members on his site accell at handing out crap.

This board is not a place to discuss how to fix this country and never has been. ...

That is your opinion. Many here have a different opinion. Our founding fathers thought it was not only our right but our duty to keep Our government in check. We use firearms politics, and other ways to keep them in check. If we dont they will take away our firearms, our freedoms and we will be slaves.

Who are you to judge his dedication to the cause? Do you know him? Regardless this attitude is what this site doesn't need. If we want to keep winning this fight we need to attract exactly those people. Firearms are just a hobby to a huge portion of the population and we need all of those people on our side. Because no matter how right we know we are, no matter how right we know the founding fathers were by giving us the second amendment is this great republic majority rules and that all can be undone with majority votes. We really need a PR lesson on this site so we stop alienating people from our cause and start attracting them. Its not bowing to the left or being weak. Its smart business! Let's explain to people what the 2nd means to us instead of belittling them and questioning their dedication. Nothing will turn someone's opinion faster then treating them like crap and many members on his site accell at handing out crap.

I'm not judging anyone, and if you see his post, I wasn't the one to cast the first judgmental stone. Post #41 in case you missed it....

This is a forum to discuss a hobby we all have in common and discuss the 2nd.

Yes it is, but we can also discuss...

General Firearm Discussion, Legal and Political, Strategies Tactics Training, Preparedness Survival, Off topics, and an host of other categories to discuss a whole number of topics.

This site has a lot to offer!!!!!!!!!!!

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR