JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The one ashtray I was considering is this one:

608BC02A-949C-474C-92F1-322A5E766C80.png

My last 2 were both 5 Vegas.

One (a favorite) was a Maduro Gold. Very tasty and excellent.

The other was the Classic which was disappointing as it canoed for the first 3/4.

No big deal - there will be plenty more smoked this coming year;) 9E294F8E-B5DB-4FFF-8DA6-FD09A9FE576E.jpeg CAEC4E95-2137-41A0-AFEC-8E9D0C352503.jpeg

Started with another Diesel Unlimited Maduro - yum ;)

started a Cohiba Red Dot robusto after my first job and while not my favorite flavor profile, I will say it's a decent cigar.

Great burn and construction, little more spice then I like but it does have nice transitions.

Overall I wouldn't buy more but I won't be as reluctant to grab one of the few I have left.

Ive heard your taste buds regenerate every two weeks... dunno if that's true but I rarely toss a cigar cuz often when I go back and try another one later I find it's not as bad as I remember and sometimes a nice change of pace then my regular favorites and regular daily sticks.

71009FD9-256F-42B3-821C-DD3331FBFB68.jpeg

Trying a man o war legend today. Reminds me a lot of the damnation (from what I remember of it). Not bad in first third but not as good as ruination. Will update later after I smoke it down. Perfecto and similar shapes can sometimes create burn issues but this one is fine so far fwiw. 3019BFDC-165F-4064-B6E7-900C8705B240.jpeg

A buddy that does metal sculptures made a prototype ashtray for me. All the sides are different heights and angles. I think it looks pretty cool.

View attachment 800820
Nice shape and concept imo. I especially like the contrast between shiny metal and the flat black bottom. Plus triangles are always good cuz they look balanced to the eye. If there were a way to elevate the tip of the 3 cigar holder parts then the cigar wouldn't be resting in ash is only comment I have to improve (not being an art critic btw, just constructive feedback). Or maybe in use it doesn't really sit down that far so not an issue?

the contrast and triangle shape kind of reminds me of that ship from the movie "the island" 1B4DDCF3-0E77-4CFF-8D70-E5DE2EAD8743.jpeg 1A8D6780-AD83-4845-856B-11383543DEFB.jpeg

Last Edited:
Nice shape and concept imo. I especially like the contrast between shiny metal and the flat black bottom. Plus triangles are always good cuz they look balanced to the eye. If there were a way to elevate the tip of the 3 cigar holder parts then the cigar wouldn't be resting in ash is only comment I have to improve (not being an art critic btw, just constructive feedback). Or maybe in use it doesn't really sit down that far so not an issue?

the contrast and triangle shape kind of reminds me of that ship from the movie "the island"View attachment 803159View attachment 803160
Thanks yes they do sit down all the way which is not ideal I know. He just made it up on the spot because he knew I like cigars but I will advise the improvement for the next version;-)

Trying a man o war legend today. Reminds me a lot of the damnation (from what I remember of it). Not bad in first third but not as good as ruination. Will update later after I smoke it down. Perfecto and similar shapes can sometimes create burn issues but this one is fine so far fwiw. View attachment 803147

Those Solomon shapes are my absolute favorite!

I like the Legends FWIW

Grabbed another Diesel Unlimited Maduro this morning but had extra time so I grabbed one of the 7x58 Solomon's and it was excellent ;)
4150599C-EAE5-4834-BECB-AB78E2E3CC9E.jpeg

I've also had these over the last week:
5Vegas Triple AAA
Very good Maduro but not as sweet as the A
8B92A724-4CF8-42AB-A50B-03536827F702.jpeg

Obsidian
Huge smoke output - strong but smooth:cool:
2DA54BA2-3063-4D5E-80A6-20E1E6718CDD.jpeg

5Vegas Classic High Primings
Very good medium toasty smoke
My first time trying this one - excellent construction and smoke
BF8283B5-FF18-4829-9BAF-9B1DA59060B8.jpeg

5Vegas Gold Maduro
Another favorite of mine — very tasty;)
D7DDDE1B-5485-44CB-BC39-C99A6030D1A0.jpeg
5Vegas A
A favorite daily, Maduro that's sweet and smooth
E8853295-1C01-4B6D-AB4B-4B2A7BA00C3E.jpeg

FYI I tried a "cigar piercer" in the form of a regular small drill bit (not a designed "piercer") yesterday on a fumas cigar that has mixed filler. This particular cigar always seems to have little bits of tobacco in ur mouth in last third so I was trying to fix that by leaving the cap on. I put one hole in center and three on outside at a 30-45 degree angle (similar to the pic below).

It worked for the fumas very well, no tobacco bits in my mouth and no detriment to the draw. But today I tried the same makeshift "piercer" on a cohiba (Dominican) black and draw was fine but it went out 4 times inexplicably. I don't smoke these enough to know if that's common but I don't recall them going out on me before. So it seems ther may be a detrimental effect on regular cigars based on this one test.

I prefer a regular straight cut but I'm just experimenting for the heck of it. I used to use the piercer shown in second pic below for years back in the day. My conclusion right now is that it's good for specifically trying to reduce tobacco in ur mouth for a mixed filler cigar but probably not the best choice for regular long filler cigars. But I would need to test it more on a cigar that I smoke al the time to know for sure.I found an interesting article on Winston Churchill that says he used to use wooden matches as a "piercer" (link below). 2F41E1DE-D7A4-4180-833D-0BDB284998C2.jpeg E2C47ADF-4709-4B1D-80F8-5D9D21073817.jpeg
Here's my official "cigar ash digger outer". It appears to be a microtech knockoff from what I've learned after buying it. Fun out the front automatic knife for $36! Not steeel quality or lockup of the real thing I'm sure but now I'm lusting after a real microtech after having used this one (which works really well but can't say anything about edge holding/steel yet). If nothing else it's an excuse to open and close the knife which is the fun part ha ha D8CAF15C-D409-4893-86B4-E6E80C8B4F8B.jpeg

Last Edited:
RP Broadleaf Lacero today.

My first lancero and while not bad I think I prefer the cooler smoke from a larger gauge.

Still a good Maduro and not my first RP Broadleaf but it was more of a novelty in that it took more draws to keep it lit.

Ash held for a good while, construction was good and only a couple minor touch ups were needed.

DC17142E-A4D0-4FBC-A70E-3F5D939BA486.jpeg

Made a big score on Goodwill's auction site. 15 bucks and possibly my best score of the year. They had an ash tray that I was looking at and saw there were two Romeo y Julieta aluminum tubes. The next photo showed them with cigars. Normally Goodwill won't let any kind of tobacco go to the auctions so I put in a high bid and waited. Turns out that there was only one other bid but it was weak so I won the auction. So for 15 bucks I figured how bad could it be? Likely fake Cubans, right? RyJ doesn't use the silver tubes other than for the Cuban Churchills any more so that caught my eye.
So the box arrived and I opened it up. Aside form the neat ashtray, I see two older aluminum tubes, a No.1 and a No. 3. I open them up and the cigars look and smell decent. The wrappers are a bit veiny looking but not too bad. They felt a bit dry so I'm assuming they have just been sitting in a shoe box somewhere for years. I opened up some of my No.2's for comparison. The wrappers differed a bit in color but that is normal, The wrapper quality and overall construction was similar. My No.2's are from two different trips to Japan, each a couple of years apart. The wrapper color is slightly different on both but that's fairly normal. RyJ's are made in many factories in Cuba. These also come from a trusted shop in Funabashi.
Not quite fully trusting the authenticity of these two cigars yet, I did some research on them. Looks like they are indeed genuine, albeit old. Probably two to three decades from what I can tell. The tubes have done a remarkable job of taking care of them but show their age. The labels are the older RyJ labels "Rodríguez Arguelles y Cia" and from the Antiguo Puro line. Looking at other pics on the internet I have no doubt in their authenticity. So off into some slow humidity for these. I will revive them and then set them on fire.

IMG_20210116_145033.jpg IMG_20210116_152108.jpg

Made a big score on Goodwill's auction site. 15 bucks and possibly my best score of the year. They had an ash tray that I was looking at and saw there were two Romeo y Julieta aluminum tubes. The next photo showed them with cigars. Normally Goodwill won't let any kind of tobacco go to the auctions so I put in a high bid and waited. Turns out that there was only one other bid but it was weak so I won the auction. So for 15 bucks I figured how bad could it be? Likely fake Cubans, right? RyJ doesn't use the silver tubes other than for the Cuban Churchills any more so that caught my eye.
So the box arrived and I opened it up. Aside form the neat ashtray, I see two older aluminum tubes, a No.1 and a No. 3. I open them up and the cigars look and smell decent. The wrappers are a bit veiny looking but not too bad. They felt a bit dry so I'm assuming they have just been sitting in a shoe box somewhere for years. I opened up some of my No.2's for comparison. The wrappers differed a bit in color but that is normal, The wrapper quality and overall construction was similar. My No.2's are from two different trips to Japan, each a couple of years apart. The wrapper color is slightly different on both but that's fairly normal. RyJ's are made in many factories in Cuba. These also come from a trusted shop in Funabashi.
Not quite fully trusting the authenticity of these two cigars yet, I did some research on them. Looks like they are indeed genuine, albeit old. Probably two to three decades from what I can tell. The tubes have done a remarkable job of taking care of them but show their age. The labels are the older RyJ labels "Rodríguez Arguelles y Cia" and from the Antiguo Puro line. Looking at other pics on the internet I have no doubt in their authenticity. So off into some slow humidity for these. I will revive them and then set them on fire.

View attachment 808946 View attachment 808947
Nice score! Funabashi is my old stomping grounds.

San Cristobal Quintessence this weekend.

Good cigar overall and first time I've had one.

Have a 2nd one I'll probably wait on till spring.

I wouldn't buy a whole box but it did have some good transitions and had a flawless burn and construction.

64480F05-0B66-4286-9D09-F9614D9B7F5B.jpeg B1D9BDA4-FAFD-426A-800C-AA3657556B58.jpeg

If anyone is interested

Bored while waiting for the power to come back on. Saw that field supply has a new cigar sale. Lots of samplers but prices aren't that great really (some seem pretty good). Anybody ever try a Tatuaje cigar? It's in my list to try.

Last Edited:
San Cristobal Quintessence this weekend.

Good cigar overall and first time I've had one.

Have a 2nd one I'll probably wait on till spring.

I wouldn't buy a whole box but it did have some good transitions and had a flawless burn and construction.

View attachment 810888View attachment 810889
Good info. San cristobal is on my "want to try one" list. I think I just like the label that why I'm interested.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top