JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gurkha G5 tonight, to start:D

6x50 maybe - box pressed

2nd (last) one I've had and it's as good as my notes from last October say.

Another one of the few Gurkhas I'd be happy to have more of but only on a steep sale cuz they are all price inflated.

Dang good stick though. Easy draw without having no draw resistance, ash is tight and white, mello retro and nice long finish. Medium full flavor and medium strength I think, had a huge burger off the grill tonight.

Definitely a very nice Friday night:cool::s0155:

Might follow this up with an Evil or Kuba depending on my mood in an hour.

6A787F3D-49FF-4BB6-A237-19D925F462EC.jpeg FBEC5136-0AAA-4D55-BFE8-92E247672F41.jpeg

I have:

-Man O' War (4)

-Man O' War Ruination (4)

-Man O' War Legend (4)

Been Sitting in the humidor For a month or so.

All Solomon's 7x58's so in just waiting to have a good 90-120 minutes to start trying them:cool:

I have:

-Man O' War (4)

-Man O' War Ruination (4)

-Man O' War Legend (4)

Been Sitting in the humidor For a month or so.

All Solomon's 7x58's so in just waiting to have a good 90-120 minutes to start trying them:cool:
Love the ruination ones. Full bodied, chocolatey, spicy, a little sweet and earthy for me. Haven't tried the others but have damnation and man o war almost a month in humidor so close to ready to try. Also got some virtue ones in mail yesterday so those are a ways out. Exceptional value on these cigars imo as I would expect to pay about double what u can get them for.

FYI was looking at that Thompson deal again today and website says "Thompson cash sold out due to overwhelming demand, but deal pricing is still available."

So it may be that they sold out of the actual $10 gift cards (aka Thompson cash). Hard to believe they sold out completely in just a couple hours but that must be what happened. Too bad they don't use some form of digital cash card rather than physical cash card.

Camacho scorpion connecticut fumas for me today. Some notes:
-1day in humidor so may taste better later
-Medium bodied
-Video below describes flavors much better than I can. Sweet, a bit salty on lips. I bit of charred almond/charred cedar taste. Definitely creamy but a bit of pepper here and there. Has a bit of that interesting almond-like taste I like so much in macanudo gold but here it's darker more charred version of it and it's not as strong. RP vintage connecticut 1999 also has a similar taste (but without the char component) but RP has that almond taste at least 5x stronger.
-About $1 each on sale
-Loose pack and spongy in places but burn is ok other than wonkiness at times. Draw is uneven kinda expected for a fumas
-perfect cigar for someone willing to live with less than ideal construction/pack but wants a medium bodied sweet and flavorful cigar for about $1
-conn shade wrapper, Nicaraguan binder, Nicaraguan/Honduran filler (note that fumas are same tobacco but mixed filler)
77584653-4480-4F6F-82D2-DFD96E24CBB8.jpeg

Last Edited:
Punch rare corojo for me today. Only a little over 3 weeks in humidor so maybe that's why I find it rather lifeless, sour, and quite boring. Need to try them again after another month cuz I really liked the punch Classico I had earlier. So I'll withhold judgement on this one for now. Also it's listed as med full and I would hesitate in even calling it medium so that also makes me think it needs more humidor time. 267EC745-3774-4F82-B563-4DCCB38BEF54.jpeg
D5F9750B-0627-4434-A763-FFEC1514D04C.jpeg
(Tabacco info from Neptune cigar website)

Last Edited:
I, evidently, picked up a stick that says Isla del Sol. Is any good? No idea, though I think is from Drew Estes. Be that as it may, only way to find out, and as woman and little ones are making noise, now is a good time as any. Well wishes my friends. :s0155:

isla.jpg

Tried a Partagas Heritage today. This one is right up my alley. I would give it a 9.1/10. Have to do full review etc. later. I would say med to med-full body. Not complex or anything but well made, aromatic, and great earthy flavor that reminds me almost exactly of Partagas from 15ish years ago. Reminds me of Partagas Naturales (1845) a lot and also a bit of Punch classico and also a bit of cain 550 without the nicotine strength. I like it better than 1845, cifuentes enero (but not by that much), and cifuentes maduro. Burn, construction, draw were great. Price is about $3 on sale for a 5 pack. Note that Thompson deal is back on today (with very limited selection) so I just ordered some more at under half that price. Band is obviously trying to copy Cuban Partagas. Only negative I have is that it became a lot more bitter in last third. Short robusto size.
partagas-heritage-4-1-2-x-50-rothschild-natural-box-of-20.jpg
partagas.JPG

Had an empress of Cuba cigar today. I ordered this to get free shipping on a sampler and I expected it to be junk. Also the label really reminds me of those cheap and horrible wanna-be cigars that try to look like a fancy cigar. But as it turns out, it actually is quite crap (for me anyway). I found it to be harsh, acrid, bitter, and sour. Gonna give it another inch but almost certain this will be a toss it in the first third cigar for me. ... It got a little better but is giving me a headache for some reason so time for it to go. It may be that it's just too strong/pungent or something. Not for me that's for sure.
808C787E-381D-40D0-8094-49A3C4589AF4.jpeg

Last Edited:
Gurkha Chairman's Select this afternoon.
6x58 double perfecto

Not quite as good as the first one I had and someone used super glue to attach the band to its self so the wrapper cracked when I removed it which is irritating but wasn't a disaster.

Medium and enjoyable but not super complex. Burned well and good ash. Nutty leather tobacco flavors but not harsh.

078B9B2F-7C20-46E8-A1CB-D4D1870C8DBE.jpeg

Gurkha 130th Reserve tubo

At 7.5x52 this thing ain't tiny lol:D.

Ended up making a second order of acids so I was able to get another 5 of these with a promo code so minus this one I'll have 9 to store.

Little zing the first half inch but mellowed out to be quite smooth after that.

On the stronger side but not harsh, nice flavors that compliment each other. The Habano wrapper is nice - id prefer a Maduro but it's nice to have some variety to keep things new.

Had to draw twice at the start to get smoke but that also quickly changed and I was getting a good amount of smoke with one draw an inch in.

Great burn, ash, solid even pack and good draw.

Going with a 4/5 for this one:s0155:. Only down from 5 because it's not in my normal taste range but still a very good cigar.

That's a 4" blade on that CRKT so at least 8" open and a chunky handle good for big hands.

7A98D45A-20F3-4659-AEBD-152F7F32AE8D.jpeg 6978FC1A-02C8-4C50-887E-436D0577DAC1.jpeg

Tried a cohiba puro Dominicana today.
A couple months in humidor. Milder than mild in body. Dry. Tiny hint of woody taste. citrus Tanginess overall. Flavor almost non existent. Aroma pretty much zero. I would give it a 5.5/10 or so. If someone had a specific preference for smooth, very very mild with tiny bit of Cameroon-like taste then it might fit but other than that this one is a cigar to pass on imo. Construction is just ok.
FDA9796D-DEBA-489B-8A23-77CA8ADEC0B6.jpeg

Man O' War Ruination
7x58 Solomon (my favorite shape)

immaculate construction, burn and ash

little bit of a zing right off but smooth as butter an inch in.

Very full bodied but not too much of a punch in the face. A very nicely layered variety of flavors mix and then linger on the long finish.

Probably going to be a 5/5 for me.

**Edit, makes the bottle of water I'm drinking taste slightly sweet and has a velvety mouth feel - very nice, this has happened with a few cigars.

5DCB2EE2-EACB-4AC2-BD8B-FF998EB04845.jpeg 3904CB01-485A-4E9D-9BA5-F855DF09155A.jpeg

This months Cigar.com club drop (my last of 3) and I'm going to hold for awhile Till I have more room in the humidor. Nice way to sample some random stuff without having to pick stuff out individually:

Ave Maria Immaculata (2)

-Diesel 10th Anniversary (2)

-Man O' War Virtue (2)

-Montecristo Nicaragua (2)

-H. Upmann by AJ Fernandez (2)

Partagas Icon Robusto

Figured after that Ruination I'd stick with stronger cigars tonight.

Only my second one tried but is constructed very well, nice clean burn.

No slouch in the strength department but it does have a bit of pepper to it. Other then that it is complex and smooth.

I have an Obsidian belicaso on deck just in case I decide to follow this up with something stronger lol.

B27B7754-F3F3-43AB-9601-5009888A1865.jpeg

Another Camacho scorpion fumas for me today (by mistake). Stored it in a tubo and thought it was a RP 2003 cameroon fumas until I took it out. Anyway, very impressive for a $1 Churchill. Sort of like high end flavor (med body) cigar but some soft spots in construction. Mama hummingbird made a nest literally right above where I often sit outside to smoke and babies must have hatched cuz she is feeding them now and wasn't yesterday. Maybe she likes the smell of cigars? : ) C79A712F-D0F3-4EC9-99C2-C6B7AAE0149C.jpeg Got a couple pics, both babies look healthy so far. Nest size is only about 1.5" in diameter.
75A_9229_00005-Edit-Edit.jpg 75A_9237_00007-Edit-2-Edit-2-Edit.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews