JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good to know!

I'll give it another try with the salt.

I liked the Govee for numerous reasons but one of them is that you can change the calibration in the app and it's stupid easy.

It's also one of the most accurate I've seen at +/- 1% or less if the advertising is correct.

Montecristo Media Noche today.

Thing is strong but smooth. Pretty good cigar.

Had draw issues but another +1 for that perfect draw tool. It doesn't fix every one but I've saved more then enough cigars to pay for it more then once. So I'd recommend it again for sure.

E786C4B3-7EE1-4FF5-BCB7-582CDA60E104.jpeg

Update! I put everything back into cigar boxes with a 72% in one and a 69% Boveda in the other and left them for 18 hours or so. Tried another one and it burned a little slow but steady and had almost none of the halfway choke that I'd experienced. Definitely a humidification error. The digital hygro is critical! I'll let the humi sit for another day or so and transfer all the Nubs back in. I'm leaving the Oliva V maduro especiales in the cigar box at 69% until the weekend. I have a friend coming over on Saturday and really don't want to have half-a$$ smokes to share when a social engagement is looming. They should be perfect by then. Thank you all for all the tips and knowledge you've dropped my way! If you're ever in the neighborhood of Everett, look me up-- I'll have a good stick to share!

Note on de stinking - I brought this up some time back but have learned a few things.

I have a dedicated sweatshirt I wear over a shirt when smoking. Leave hoodie outside on the porch, change shirts when I get inside.

Listerine Type mouthwash and brush teeth.

spritz some cologne on new shirt.

Ive been making my own hand sanitizer with thieves or tea trea oil, alcohol and aloe gel. Use generously on hands, then Wash hands with soap and water.

That takes care of pretty much anything until my wife's kisses me and then she says she can taste I was smoking a strong cigar.

She has one of the most sensitive noses of anyone I've ever met so it at least keeps her from comments about how I smell right after a cigar.

It's not as big of a deal when I get home 3 hours before she does but we are both stuck at home so getting rid of the smell has taken on some higher necessity the last few months.

Even though she really dislikes the smell she doesn't complain about my hobby so it's not like cigars are ruining my marriage or anything - I married up, just ask any of my friends:D:p

Well, it is past midday. And a very productive workday it has been thus far. Now to go smoke a Macanudo Maduro.

fértil.jpg

Pictured with the big-bore hunting rifle that arrived about an hour ago. More about that bolt-action later. :D

Nica Libre Today

Getting the grilling done before it get hot so grabbed something medium and new to me.

almost half thru it and I already know it will be a regular in my humidor. I've seen sampler packs of different sizes for $2.

Razor burn, tight ash and great draw.

B89D123F-580D-40AE-AF8F-190787681C34.jpeg

Hc criollo fat boy for me today. Well constructed and good performance but not really my flavor profile. More for full body preference. No bitterness and not too much pepper which is good. Perhaps would be better with more humidor time (3weeks).

Love hc white, and connecticut a little behind that. Not a huge fan of hc maduro (too bitter for me) but not bad. Hc habano was just ok. Again based on personal preference for flavor profile, not on construction etc. Have not tried hc red corojo.

Most of these hcs can be found for $18 for 20 (maduro), $25-30 for white, conn, habano. Corojo red are more like $38 for 20. Don't know bundle price for criollo as I bought a single. If you find one that fits ur flavor profile these r an excellent value cigar. Construction, burn etc has been excellent on every one of them. Cigar obsession had a pretty glowing review of this criollo so mine with not that exciting flavors could be due to lack of humidor time (most likely imo) or due to too big ring gauge possibly. (it's like gordo fat, not sure what ring gauge is maybe 58-60?).
4BAE19D0-E9B0-42F5-9D4B-FA3E3BE97DF0.jpeg

Supposed to be a very well blended smoke, not a brute force powerhouse like the LFD Double Ligero. Lots of pepper on the front of my tounge, nice change up from my usual sticks from that place south of Miami....:cool:

Wife's asleep and I can't so I grabbed a huge cigar and I'm enjoying the quite outside.

Gurkha Black Dragon Presidente 7x56

figured I'd be out here for awhile...

One of the few Gurkhas that made my 5/5 list. I'm definitely a Nicaraguan leaning smoker but this is one of the DR cigars I do like.

It's another forest fire on the draw with copious amounts of rich chewy smoke.

Medium full body and fairly high nicotine but not punch you in the face. Very smooth from the get go and has depth and complexity of flavors. Not the standard Gurkha, very well made and no issues burning or ashing.

I'm partial to dragons to the point I have 2 huge sleeves with dragons heads on my chest so I may be biased a little but it is an enjoyable smoke.

cheers:s0155:

8CA63373-EFA1-409A-9A02-FBF2145F2423.jpeg

FYI I noticed that Thompson 10 pack deal is back but with a lot more limited selection this time. Perhaps they will add more selections later?

I have not checked to see if codes are stackable like last time but to check get ur 15% off plus free ship by signing up for deals with new email (this is not signing up for a monthly club or anything, just for getting on mailing list). Click on the link in that email. Then add items to ur cart. If you have other codes such as $10 off $50 etc try to also stack those. Then when ur cigars come u will have a $10 gift card for each 10 pack (ie $1 per cigar purchased). U may have to put items in ur cart and then click the 15% off link in the email, I can't remember.

Assuming code stacking still works a quick way to determine final cost is (advertised price *0.85) - $10 = cost of cigars shipped, assuming u consider gift card as the same as cash (which it's not of course but u get what I mean). F.e ($29.99 * .85) - $10 = $15.49 for 10 cigars or $1.54 per cigar. Note that gift cards can be used for sale items etc they aren't really restricted (unless they changed their rules from last time).

Last Edited:
FYI I confirmed codes are stackable on the Thompson deal. Just ordered with 25% off and free shipping via stacking codes. Codes are not subject to a minimum purchase amount. So in above example it would be ($29.99 *0.75) - $10 = $12.49 or $1.24 per cigar shipped, assuming u consider gift card as the same as cash. Got some cohiba black and some others I've been wanting to try. If another x% off code comes out via email while this sale is still running (which is what happened last time) u could probably stack that too and get closer to 35% off with free ship + $10 gift card. Life is good when u can get premium cigars for swisher sweet prices ha ha!

Last Edited:
Well this is odd. The sale I linked above which only came out this morning is now gone from their main site. Also if you click the link above and try to buy the version that has the free gift card all of them say "out of stock". Dunno if it's a website glitch or what...
thomp.JPG

Been digging the Nica Libra's and have pretty much stuck to my favorite daily's forever the past few days but I did watch this from Nick Prodomo and dropped the humidity in my humidor by 4% to very good results as most of my stuff is predominantly Nicaraguan.

only a 10 min video but something I've not seen before:

Been digging the Nica Libra's and have pretty much stuck to my favorite daily's forever the past few days but I did watch this from Nick Prodomo and dropped the humidity in my humidor by 4% to very good results as most of my stuff is predominantly Nicaraguan.

only a 10 min video but something I've not seen before:

Good video. I do notice a difference on Dominicans at 70% or so vs lower. At lower humidity they seem like a totally different and lifeless cigar. For some of those it really is a dramatic difference.

I don't smoke that much Nicaraguan other than man o' war but I wonder about the rocky patels which use mostly Honduran. Probably the only cigar brand I've had trouble keeping lit (other than new version of h upmann). Maybe mostly Honduran cigars like less humidity also and that is the reason.

I agree with him about climate. Some areas they have to have lower humidity In humidor cuz by the time u smoke it it will be in a higher humidity environment. But in eastern OR or eastern Wa for example I think it's better to be on the higher side due to dryness.

I normally keep between 67-70% and I like it better at 69% for most of what I smoke. I suppose a person could have one humidor at 65% and one at 70%. For me it's not really not worth the trouble but might be fun as an experiment to store same cigar in 65% plastic bin and 69-70% humidor. Then after a month or more smoke one right after the other and see if there is a difference. I know there would be for Dominican (lower humidity kills flavor) but would be interesting to try Honduran or Nicaraguan.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top