JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gurkha Beauty 6x60 this morning

Have had a few of these sitting and just don't smoke mellow ish cigars much but figure I should get to trying some of the ones I've just been holding onto for awhile.

flavors not bad. Nutty almond with some creamy notes and a little leather and a cooking spice I can't identify but not pepper.

Smoke is plentiful on the draw but you can hardly tell it's lit at rest.

Construction and burn are flawless.

(have some Beauty Maduro's and Beasts I'm looking forward to more but this one has been a decent cigar)

3/5 for me - better then an average cigar but just not my strength preference

View attachment 677032
The ghurka beauty I tried was also big ring gauge (probably 60?) and I was disappointed. It may be that it's much too big ring gauge for this mild wrapper but just guessing. Maybe if it was a thin lonsdale or something it might taste different.

Gurkha Black Beauty Maduro today
6.5x56 (thing is a monster)

super cigar so far. Much fuller bodied but extremely smooth and well blended.
Perfect draw, burn and ash. Nice medium strength- I like a little more punch but for what it is it is very good.

going on my 5/5 list.

(I have XXL hands for comparison on that pic)

5687F610-F752-4F6F-A7BD-292D6F12F3B1.jpeg 3DB244C5-C108-4C96-922A-78FD21E9F98E.jpeg

Must be the day for maduros!

Tried a partagas cifuentes maduro today

Summ: score 8.7/10 sweet chocolatey somewhat peppery powerhouse. Used to smoke Partagas maduros many years ago. This one reminiscent is of that but heavier bodied. Aroma exactly as I remember it. A full bodied preference person will reallly like this one I think, especially if u like the kind of chocolatey flavors of some rocky patels. Sort of like a more powerful rocky Patel. A powerhouse but sweet. This would be a heck of a pairing with a strong bourbon.

Bitterness: 2, 3, (10 = most bitter)

Pepper: 7-8, 6, seems to be mellowing out in 2nd third or I'm getting used to it (10 = most pepper).

Tongue bite/harshness: 5-6 pepper creates some harshness in mouth/ back of throat kinda normal for this full bodied though, (10 = lots of tongue bite and/or harshness)

Sour: 0, 0, (10 = most sour)

Body: 8-9, 8-9, (10 = fullest body)

Strength: 2, 3, (10 = highest nicotine)

Flavor: sweet deep chocolate, molasses, black pepper, deep earth (10= best quantity and quality)

Aroma: 9-10 deep chocolatey, aged tobacco. About as good as it gets for me in aroma. (10 = highest amount and best possible)

Smoke: high to very high

Firm: normal

Draw: good/normal

Presence: 7, 6, (10 = most mouth presence, beyond 5 becomes detrimental for me)

Burn: excellent and same as cifuentes natural, very slow burning never wants to go out even if sitting a long time

Price: just under $0.92 in that crazy Thompson 10 pack sale (after $1 Thompson cash). Don't know regular price.
29795173-F178-43F6-BB67-A15951874BC0.jpeg

21D2739C-B382-4C54-ACEC-762C1D25F773.jpeg

Last Edited:
Every day is a maduro day for me:p

Starting out with this:

Gurkha Warlord
6.7x60

Pretty sure it's the largest cigar I've smoked.

fairly strong but doesn't have as nice of a flavor profile as yesterday's beauty Maduro but may be stronger.

Pic is next to a 5" hunting knife for some perspective.

4FBCFC57-7422-4397-8A0F-6A5F9B5CCF1F.jpeg

Tried a la Gloria cubana wavell today

Summ: score 5/10. Pepper bomb cigar for full bodied lovers. Ended 1/4 way in just too full bodied/bold and peppery for my preference. For someone else it might be right on the money especially if u like to put really hot hot sauce on food. Low aroma.

Bitterness: 2-3, 10 = most bitter)

Pepper: 9-10 red, (10 = most pepper).

Tongue bite/harshness: 9 pepper hurts my throat a lot (10 = lots of tongue bite and/or harshness)

Sour: 0, (10 = most sour)

Body: 9 (10 = fullest body)

Strength: ? (10 = highest nicotine)

Flavor: 1 strong red pepper overpowers everything else for me (10 = best quantity and quality)

Aroma: 1 (10 = highest amount and best possible)

Smoke: low

Firm: a bit soft but not bad

Draw: very easy

Presence: 5 pepper hangs around so kind of hard to separate out "presence" due to overwhelming pepper (10 = most mouth presence, beyond 5 becomes detrimental for me)

Burn: normal, but did not smoke long enough for true test

Price: $1.50 in the 10 for $15 holts sampler. Don't know regular price.
D878CCE1-5B55-4A83-9A0E-B8DDDDC26FFF.jpeg

Last Edited:
Had another macanudo maduro Hyde park today

Summ: score 7.8/10. used to smoke these a lot when they still had Jamaican tobacco in the blend. Tasted different then for sure but body is the same. might be too boring for full body preference person. creamy, a little sweet on lips, mild body, lower on flavor side but high on aroma aide. More bitter than I remember. I ordered some 32 gauge ascots of this to see if more % wrapper on ascots might make taste more similar to what I remember. Note that I always found Hyde park and thicker to be less flavorful than thinner ones (both Mac cafe and Mac maduro).

If whole cigar tasted like last third I would rank 9.2/10 (more flavorful imo cuz takes a while for flavors to build up, not due to big transitions like u find in Mac gold label or Mac 1968 but I'm no expert)

- Bitterness: 2, 3-4, 4 (10 = most bitter)
- Pepper: 0, 1, 1 (10 = most pepper).
- Tongue bite/harshness: 0, 0, 0 (10 = lots of tongue bite and/or harshness)
- Sour: 1, 1, 1 (10 = most sour)
- Body: 1, 2, 2-4 (10 = fullest body)
- Strength: 1 (10 = highest nicotine)
- Flavor: 1, 2, 5-6 damp earth slightly charred nut flavors, bit of dark chocolate in 2nd third, some Mushroom in 3rd (10 = best quantity and quality)
- Aroma: 6-7, 8, 10 fairly distinctive macanudo aroma barnyard + kind of mushroom + earth + bit of moss? (10 = highest amount and best possible)
- Smoke: normal
- Firm: normal
- Draw: good/easy
- Presence: 3 oily in mouth (10 = most mouth presence, >5 becomes detrimental for me)
- Burn: perfect. No re-lights or TUs.could sit a long time without relighting. Very cool burning no matter how much puffing u do

Price: $2.90ish on fieldsupply.com 10 pk sale
69CD532E-C924-4030-A871-2F67E9A1612A.jpeg

Last Edited:
H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon

To start the day...

Honestly I am not sure what to think.

First few draws I thought I'd have tongue bite fast and figured I'd have to toss it but:

There is some zing on the draw and finish but doesn't taste like pepper to me. Not harsh but a fair amount - almost like the spice that a spicy dish leaves on your tongue after your done eating.

That would probably be a deal breaker but right after the zing it leaves a slight sweetness that has me going back for another puff.

I probably wouldn't buy another one but I wouldn't turn one down if it was given too me.

construction burn ash etc are all excellent

8F3BC4E5-1E34-403E-90E8-178A6942457D.jpeg

H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon

To start the day...

Honestly I am not sure what to think.

First few draws I thought I'd have tongue bite fast and figured I'd have to toss it but:

There is some zing on the draw and finish but doesn't taste like pepper to me. Not harsh but a fair amount - almost like the spice that a spicy dish leaves on your tongue after your done eating.

That would probably be a deal breaker but right after the zing it leaves a slight sweetness that has me going back for another puff.

I probably wouldn't buy another one but I wouldn't turn one down if it was given too me.

construction burn ash etc are all excellent

View attachment 678356
Yea it's a real interesting one. Cameroon wrapper but much more complex and not at all like some of the other Cameroon's I've had. I'm in same boat don't know if I like it that much yet cuz so different. It didn't turn me off immediately though like some of the other Cameroon's. For me it gave a sweet oily slightly salty taste on lips that I've never had with any other cigar.

Yea it's a real interesting one. Cameroon wrapper but much more complex and not at all like some of the other Cameroon's I've had. I'm in same boat don't know if I like it that much yet cuz so different. It didn't turn me off immediately though like some of the other Cameroon's. For me it gave a sweet oily slightly salty taste on lips that I've never had with any other cigar.

Now that I'm halfway thru it I do like it just not as much as a lot of others I have. Put out a ton of smoke which I like.

Glad I got to try it but it's probably only a 3/5 for me.

If I got more as a freebie I'd be ok keeping them but I wouldn't order them specifically

Long shot question but does anyone know if any current cigar uses Jamaican tobacco? I think royal Jamaica is gone now and most everything died when big hurricane wiped out the industry there as I recall.

A note re empty cigar boxes on cigarbid for anyone interested. I was looking at many different "travel humidors" on internet and couldn't find one I liked. So I ordered a 10 pack of wooden boxes from cigarbid. you get a real mixed bag. 1 real good one (for my taste anyway), 3 pretty good ones, 3-4 that are wood but have melamine type plastic on them which ruins them for me, and 1 so tiny as to not be useful (for me). But actually was worth the $14 I paid cuz I like the one good one better than the other travel humidors I saw that have no latch. Also I would say 2-3 of the others could make really nice (but short length) dividers as they are solid cedar (not the plywood type cedar). Or they would be fine as boxes for misc/loose ammo/parts too.

The decorative boxes are a much better value imo. Decorative boxes are wood with paper covering and cost about $4 for 10. No decorative boxes shown below, only wood kind.
7C554536-75E9-4F7C-9BF5-0808DC7BAF9B.jpeg
90AF52FE-1969-4CC6-AC2C-8090BD4256B8.jpeg
melamine type and natural type:
0AE3C23A-CBD3-49B5-AFD3-AB019846B824.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR