JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Totally agree. I would not be in this cigar hobby if I had to pay $15 per cigar. But when u can get known top brands for $1.50 ea? That makes it a no-brainer for me.

fe the torano exodus 50 year at Thompson's is 29.99 for a 10 pack. After the codes, etc described in above posts it comes out to $1.55 ea. That's for a cigar ranked 93 in cigar afficianado.

I should have ordered last night when I first saw the deal cuz they r already on back order. But I've never tried them yet (I have one from a sampler and it smells awesome but haven't smoked it yet) so that's why I waited. No biggy but some of these deals r really nuts. I ordered a cohiba Connecticut (also have not tried yet) in same deal and it works out to $1.08 ea which is nuts for a good brand.

Last Edited:
Had another cigar crack at the head. Even before I cut it.

Used another useful trick I saw and just slid the band up to jest below the cut at the cap and haven't had any issues smoking it:D

F48B3828-C4BD-4FE4-B0D9-F34F7AE29E02.jpeg

tried a torano exodus 50 year today (not to be confused with other ones that have a similar name). Here's my quick non-expert review at the half way point (subject to change):

summary: bold yet very smooth, flavorful, wonderful aroma, well made premium cigar that doesn't cost a fortune. Kind of a medium full to full bodied cigar that is not overpowering at all.

my score: 8.9/10 only because I like milder cigars. Someone with more of a preference for bolder cigars may rank this one much higher I would guess. This one is well worth the $ imo. Wonderful aroma, deep nutty flavor, no pepper or bite to it at all. Very firm construction. Quite a bit of smoke. Not bitter in any way which I really appreciate. Reminds me a lot of a partagas maduro but less punchy. Burn, draw, etc are all good. Leaves a sweet taste on ur lips.

A side note... I've been finding that all the 90+ ranked cigars (cigar affianado rankings I mean) are all worth smoking and of course individual tastes determine how good it is for you. This one was ranked 93 which is pretty high (FWIW). I saw a somewhat negative review on another cigar from this brand so keep in mind this review is only for the "50 years" one, not for other torano exodus variants or for the whole brand. Thanks!
EF583C20-E301-4A2F-B5FD-5453254A94C3.jpeg

Last Edited:
I've tried

Toraño Exodus 1959 '50 Years'
and
Toraño Noventa

Both are excellent, well made and I've never had any issues with burn etc.

Bought a box of theToraño Noventa on sale and it comes in a very attractive box.

Bought a bundle of RP Renaissance Maduro and had high expectations based on all of the good reviews as well as the flavor being described as 'dark chocolate, espresso, raisins and a touch of sweetness'....

5CD7015F-B147-4BAB-8814-17200B23FB81.png

While I will give it that it burned well and had copious amounts of smoke on even a light pull, the only thing I could taste was black pepper.

On the draw, retro hale and finish. I am pretty sure this is what those reviewers on YouTube call a pepper bomb.

While I don't mind a little pepper in the mix I just don't like it as the prominent flavor.

Maybe my pallet isn't developed enough but I get chocolate and espresso from those 5Vegas A's I like so much so I can at least taste those lol.

Was hoping to love them and planned to order more while they were still on sale but I'm glad I held off.

Ironically, Cigars.com put up HC Black Maduros on sale last night with free shipping so I bought 2 bundles of those knowing I like them and am down to my last couple

Great info/review. I can smoke a peppery one every once and a while but not my preference at all. But hey that's why it's fun to try new ones I guess. Just goes to show that reviews r good basic info. but trying is believing. Might be a good smoke with barbecue steak or something like that?

Rocky Patel has so many different kinds I can't keep them straight. I've only had one (decade) and it was fantastic. So I'm looking forward to trying more. I think they have so much variety so that there is a constant marketing buzz of "did u see the new xx came out?". Not normally my thing at all but hey if I can get many varieties cheap in a sampler I'll give them a try. For some of them it will be the only try I'm sure ha ha.

Great info/review. I can smoke a peppery one every once and a while but not my preference at all. But hey that's why it's fun to try new ones I guess. Just goes to show that reviews r good basic info. but trying is believing. Might be a good smoke with barbecue steak or something like that?

Rocky Patel has so many different kinds I can't keep them straight. I've only had one (decade) and it was fantastic. So I'm looking forward to trying more. I think they have so much variety so that there is a constant marketing buzz of "did u see the new xx came out?". Not normally my thing at all but hey if I can get many varieties cheap in a sampler I'll give them a try. For some of them it will be the only try I'm sure ha ha.

There is one of those RP Renaissance Maduro robustos in that 10 for $15 sampler you linked.

Let me know what you think when you get around to trying it.

Tried another one today before eating anything and it still has a lot of pepper but not as strong as the one last night.

There is one of those RP Renaissance Maduro robustos in that 10 for $15 sampler you linked.

Let me know what you think when you get around to trying it.

Tried another one today before eating anything and it still has a lot of pepper but not as strong as the one last night.
Will do. That's interesting u mention the 5 Vegas in the other post. I watched a cigar obsession review of 5 Vegas gold and it said it was very peppery. I have never tried them but I remember some good reports on them in this forum. Kind of makes me wonder what actually makes the pepper taste and "heat" in the tobacco and if some years' crops of the same tobacco are more strong than others. I don't know much about tobacco except snippets I pick up here and there.

Will do. That's interesting u mention the 5 Vegas in the other post. I watched a cigar obsession review of 5 Vegas gold and it said it was very peppery. I have never tried them but I remember some good reports on them in this forum. Kind of makes me wonder what actually makes the pepper taste and "heat" in the tobacco and if some years' crops of the same tobacco are more strong than others. I don't know much about tobacco except snippets I pick up here and there.

My favorite is the Series A (not to be confused with the triple AAA they offer).

Ive never actually tried any of their other options.

Got a Series A in a sampler and loved it so I stuck with it.

It's a very smooth smoke without any pepper or bite to it. It's definitely my go to when I want a cigar I know I'll love.

I have learned that they are generally better after sitting in my humidor for a couple weeks, otherwise I have had to do a few touch ups on some cigars in my orders that came in same day.

The RP Vintage 1990 was my favorite RP. Try the macanudo vintage 1997, they're good smokes.
It's funny you mention the macanudo vintage 1997. I've been wanting to buy that for a while now and even had it in my cart several times but can't bring myself to hit the buy button due to higher cost than I normally pay. I just now sold a rental property though so maybe just this once :p Somehow I think my wife won't appreciate it as a celebration though ha ha.

I've also been curious about the vintage 2006, which is not a maduro. There are a couple limited edition ones out there also which I've stayed away from due to cost.
Based on the descriptions the Lim edition ones they seem to be similar or the same as the gold label ones. And that gold label at 87 cents each, I just can't refuse.

I've also heard of one that got high reviews called the Macanudo Mao. Haven't seen it for sale anywhere though. Probably really spendy anyway. Man, how many cigars are there out there that we haven't tried? Thousands? Life is good...

If only i had more $$$ and worked less! My brothers and i pitch in for a father's day/birthday gift for my dad and usually pick up a 150-200 bundle he shares with us. There's definitely a lot of great cigars out there. This Drew Estate Factory Smoke is a decent one.

20200219_165201.jpg

On those 5 Vegas smokes, I loved the "cask strength" ones. Looks like they're back in stock at CI, I hadn't seen those for a while. Hmmmmmmm....

Quick note on subject of building ur own humidor in case anyone wants to reference in the future. 2 places in Portland sell Spanish cedar: woodcrafters and woodcraft of Portland (different companies). I think woodcraft is a chain store so there may be one in ur area. here is website Woodworking Plans & Tools | Fine Woodworking Project & Supplies at Woodcraft

My local independent place had sapele mahogany so I bought a small board of that to make shelves inside a big plastic bin humidor. I didn't want a big pile of cigars in there due to potential lack of circulation (or at least less than ideal).

Imo based on the little research I've done is that any inert wood is fine for a humidor but Spanish cedar is best both due to the expected aroma and also the give and take of moisture. Plus the cedar has a built in resistance to tobacco beetles (other woods might also I don't know). I wonder if teak and redwood do? So if I were building a humidor I would line it with Spanish cedar but for just small shelf it's no biggie. Note that our western cedar is considered too aromatic by most and is not recommended. Here is a blurb on sapele at a humidor site FYI Sapele - Gryphon Humidors

and a list/description of all the woods they use for humidors fwiw (34 kinds). Note that they still use Spanish cedar for inner lining irregardless of wood type.

Last Edited:
Quick note on subject of building ur own humidor in case anyone wants to reference in the future. 2 places in Portland sell Spanish cedar: woodcrafters and woodcraft of Portland (different companies). I think woodcraft is a chain store so there may be one in ur area. here is website Woodworking Plans & Tools | Fine Woodworking Project & Supplies at Woodcraft

My local independent place had sapele mahogany so I bought a small board of that to make shelves inside a big plastic bin humidor. I didn't want a big pile of cigars in there due to potential lack of circulation (or at least less than ideal).

Imo based on the little research I've done is that any inert wood is fine for a humidor but Spanish cedar is best both due to the expected aroma and also the give and take of moisture. Plus the cedar has a built in resistance to tobacco beetles (other woods might also I don't know). I wonder if teak and redwood do? So if I were building a humidor I would line it with Spanish cedar but for just small shelf it's no biggie. Note that our western cedar is considered too aromatic by most and is not recommended. Here is a blurb on sapele at a humidor site FYI Sapele - Gryphon Humidors

and a list/description of all the woods they use for humidors fwiw (34 kinds).

well I might just pick up a board or two and cut it down to make dividers for my drawers:cool:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top