JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I need more storage.

If your not picky on looks...

Ive used these for 6 months plus and they work better then my wooden desktop humidor by far.

They will hold 3 (2/3 full) gallon ziplocks (standing up like a file folder) so about 60 - 80 Churchill size cigars.

I put an 8gram Boveda pack in each ziplock and put another in the container itself along with a cheap digital hygrometer. It's stays 100% constant and the little packs have lasted 6 months +.

They are great for storing bundles or boxes (they will hold 3 bundles or 2-4 boxes easily).

Before my wineador I used them as longer term storage and would just go thru them once a week or 2 and fill my wood humidor with what I wanted to smoke that week or so and then left them alone.

I still have 2 with sticks in them. One has 2 ziplocks with different cigars of the same size and the other has 2 boxes that I can not currently fit in my wineador (something I expect will change when those custom drawers I ordered show up someday

I also use them with a couple boveda packs to store new arrivals for 2 weeks ish so they don't mess with the humidity in the wineador and are about the same temp before I add them to the big guy..

Just a thought as I have found I am 100% of the time "just about out of room to store any more" and then an awesome deal appears that's I can't seem to resist.

0D64A1BF-7F2D-46D0-BCE1-CBE583F0327F.png

I got mine at bimart for about $16.

If your not picky on looks...

Ive used these for 6 months plus and they work better then my wooden desktop humidor by far.

They will hold 3 (2/3 full) gallon ziplocks (standing up like a file folder) so about 60 - 80 Churchill size cigars.

I put an 8gram Boveda pack in each ziplock and put another in the container itself along with a cheap digital hygrometer. It's stays 100% constant and the little packs have lasted 6 months +.

They are great for storing bundles or boxes (they will hold 3 bundles or 2-4 boxes easily).

Before my wineador I used them as longer term storage and would just go thru them once a week or 2 and fill my wood humidor with what I wanted to smoke that week or so and then left them alone.

I still have 2 with sticks in them. One has 2 ziplocks with different cigars of the same size and the other has 2 boxes that I can not currently fit in my wineador (something I expect will change when those custom drawers I ordered show up someday

I also use them with a couple boveda packs to store new arrivals for 2 weeks ish so they don't mess with the humidity in the wineador and are about the same temp before I add them to the big guy..

Just a thought as I have found I am 100% of the time "just about out of room to store any more" and then an awesome deal appears that's I can't seem to resist.

View attachment 659645

I got mine at bimart for about $16.
Re boveda I'm so glad we have all the various gel/crystal humidifiers now. I don't use the green foam ones at all anymore. The foam ones work but you have to pay closer attention than when using the gel/crystal ones I think (not as consistent as gel/crystal either IMO).

Re snapware heck yea locking tupperware, mason glass clamp lid or acrylic jar clamp lid humidors all work better than wooden humidors in terms of not losing humidity IMO. Not as elegant as the wood ones but they work great as far as function. But having said that, wooden humidors are getting so cheap now. I just ordered a 200 count one for $59.99 (pic below). I hope it is good quality, we will see. If it says 200 count, it's probably 100-120 in the real world I'm thinking...

I always dismissed these less expensive ones based on what I saw 15 years ago or whatever (poor sealing, sometimes smell of laquer, etc. back then). But I'm really impressed with that $20 (used) one as far as quality. Hinges are inset in the wood etc. to give a good seal and good quality throughout, except for hygrometer of course. That's what made me take the chance in ordering the amazon one. Again, we'll see on that one but fingers crossed.

One issue with the one from CL I bought is that there isn't enough holes for good circulation in the top tray. I drilled holes in it to compensate (pic below) and now top and bottom read exactly the same %, whereas before top was lower than bottom. I also cut up some cedar from old cigar boxes to make little "rails" for the cigars to sit on in the very bottom. My thinking is to get circulation underneath them. Last pic in this post is of another humidor that uses shallow drilled holes in the bottom for the same purpose. I didn't want to drill the bottom of mine cuz I don't know how thick the cedar is vs if there is some other wood beyond that (ie didn't want to risk drilling all the way through the cedar, assuming it's not solid cedar).

From what I can tell when it comes to the current less expensive wooden or wood with glass ones, the simpler the better as far as sealing. From what I have seen in researching them the last few days it seems that the fancy ones with sliding drawers, multiple swinging cabinet doors, etc. don't make the grade (lots of times on those they don't even bother to have seals at the hinges, doors, etc. from what I have seen in scouring the reviews). Of course that doesn't apply to nice ones like that wineador you are lucky to have. I mean just the cheap wood ones.

holes added to tray:
ACD4D76A-8821-44B2-A61F-428B51A36CD8.jpeg
"200 count" cheap humidor:

61ltYmPdamL._AC_SL1024_.jpg
61Ok4fHhg9L._AC_SL1024_.jpg
pick of holes drilled in bottom
For circulation (not mine, from
Internet):
011C71EB-64E1-4A2C-9F4E-BBA21084CD9D.jpeg

Last Edited:
Tried a macanudo gold label today. I got these as a bundle on field supplies Black Friday sale for ridiculously cheap, maybe <$2 each I can't remember. I smoked one literally right after the package arrived which I normally never do. I wasn't impressed at all with that one. This one however is excellent. Lesson learned, even if you feel you can't wait to try it, put it in the humidor for a while no matter what.

The difference between this gold label and the cafe is supposedly better Tobacco is used. The wrapper does look completely different with strong veins kinda like a Cuban, vs cafe wrapper is really smooth.

Summary: this cigar starts out like a good Pilsner or lager and ends up as as a medium body ale like rogue dead guy ale. Mild, no bite, not edgy, but great. Surprising strong and rich in last third.

Perfect draw, perfect burn, excellent construction. 1st third: mild in body, strength, and flavor. Distinctive macanudo aroma. Very smooth. Nutty and woody flavor I would say. Not that much difference between this and a cafe I would say but maybe if I smoked them back to back I could tell the difference. Last third: strong in flavor and aroma, medium bodied.

Very similar to every macanudo I've had for the last 20 years, extremely consistent, good construction, nice aroma, mild on flavors and strength. Flavor hangs around in your mouth for a long time (Moreso with this one I think).

As I write this though, the last 1/3 is a lot stronger, solid medium body now with a lot of flavor. Here there is a noticeable difference compared to the cafe. Richer and deeper now than normally would have on cafe I think.

I would give it a 9.4/10. A great smooth, mild changing to medium bodied, 1.5 hour relaxing cigar. Full bodied only lovers won't like this one I think. Big change from starting very mild to strong at the end (1968 had a big change like this also, many cigars don't change this dramatically).

sorry photo posts as upside down no matter what I do:
BE30DEB4-3C95-478C-83D8-0802D07AAAF9.jpeg

Last Edited:
Gurkha Legend Connecticut perfecto yesterday.

Gave the first one a 3/5* and this one was a solid 4/5* after 6 months sitting.

Kinda pleasantly surprised as it was stronger then I expected and I normally shy away from light wrappered cigars these days.

1E4B791A-CB2B-453D-AB40-4DAEF2FD7244.jpeg

I present to you "The Raggedy Hobo", by Diesel: raggedy hobo.jpg

In all fairness, this poor specimen, which started out a difficult life as a Diesel "Uncut", probably spent a bit of time with inadequate humidity. I got these in a sampler of Diesels, and all the other ones were great. I particularly like the Rage and Wicked they make, those are tasty, and strong. These may also just have a particularly delicate wrapper. Anyway, it made me laugh, so I thought I'd share. :)

Does anyone know what "Thompson cash" is at Thompson cigars? I've Been searching and can't figure it out. It's definitely not reward points. Is this like a credit that u can use at some future date? Or is it just a gimmicky way to say u will save $10 for example. Here is what it shows on the website and in the cart. It is listed as a separate item in the cart. Only other things I can think of might be credit towards some club (which I will not join no matter what incentives are offered) or a gift card?
48118DA5-889B-4025-A0F9-96355099C572.jpeg
DBC414B5-010D-4727-A302-98240731ABF1.jpeg
24DA81D5-5C82-416E-BE99-86A9F4DD1E8D.jpeg

also FYI I did discover that the code GOOD15 works to save 15%. Don't know if there is a minimum purchase for it or not though.

Last Edited:
Does anyone know what "Thompson cash" is at Thompson cigars? I've Been searching and can't figure it out. It's definitely not reward points. Is this like a credit that u can use at some future date? Or is it just a gimmicky way to say u will save $10 for example. Here is what it shows on the website and in the cart. It is listed as a separate item in the cart. Only other things I can think of might be credit towards some club (which I will not join no matter what incentives are offered) or a gift card?
View attachment 660082
View attachment 660079
View attachment 660080

also FYI I did discover that the code GOOD15 works to save 15%. Don't know if there is a minimum purchase for it or not though.

Most of the major internet sellers have their own version of those.

They end up giving you a gift card for the price.

Hit a great CI deal last year that had 10 packs starting at $20 with $20 in CI Bucks, so essentially I got a bunch of decent free or next to nothing cigars if you figured in the gift cards.

Ah gift cards. Thx man! If that's what it is that is awesome! I found this one little blurb on it which does make me think of gift cards. There is like zero info on it anywhere.

So for the macanudo gold for example it starts at 2.99 ea but w 15% off that is 2.55, and with gift card that is $1.55 (of course gift card is not the same as cash but u get where I'm going). That's a crazy price.

There are many types of cohibas, partagas, la Gloria cubana, and some other top brands in that deal too.

Methinks I will be doing some shopping this weekend. Note that if u sign up for email u get 15% off plus free shipping but don't get the discount code for 24-48 hours. The GOOD15 codes gives 15% but no free shipping. Also I emailed their customer service to ask exactly what it is but who knows when or if they will reply.
E4A05462-86AF-44C3-96FD-DD1459D3D052.jpeg

Last Edited:
Cracked a wrapper today....

I have been recharging my small Boveda packs (seems to have worked as claimed, they are all super soft and absorbed 95% of the water I covered them with) so my wood humidor has been slowly dropping from 69% down to 65% as of today.

Got all the packs dry and put 5 back into the humidor so no big deal there.

When I went to put a v-cut in the end of a robusto I cracked the wrapper from the head at an angle to the band and back about 1/3 of the circumference of the cigar.

I had watched a video at some point about repairing cracked wrappers and one of the solutions was plain beeswax chapstick (unflavored), so one day at the store I saw some and picked it up and it has been in a bowl of misc smoking stuff for months untouched.

I wet the wrapper by licking it to make it more mailable and carefully pulled it back exposing the binder.

Took the beeswax and spread it on the binder like loctite on the threads of a bolt.

Gently smoothed the wrapper back over the top and now it is back to perfect. I have to seriously look fo the crack and even then I only know it's there from a tiny bit of extra wax at the edge.

This wasn't an expensive cigar so it was a good practice run but it's also one I enjoy a lot and wasn't looking forward to just throwing it in the garbage either.

Anyway, my point was grab some beeswax chapstick the next time you see an unflavored one cuz you may end up saving a few bucks and not have to toss a stick somewhere down the road.;)

Found a nice humidor. But it might be just a hair spendy if not building it urself. ;) Something like this might be a fun project to take on after we move away from tent city. No idea where to buy spanish cedar though.
38639DB1-616E-4D02-B53D-4A08C6396D6A.jpeg

Found a nice humidor. But it might be just a hair spendy if not building it urself. ;) Something like this might be a fun project to take on after we move away from tent city. No idea where to buy spanish cedar though.
View attachment 660239

If you have the tools and skills it's always going to be a lot cheaper to build your own.

Having said that, I've not found a local supply of Spanish cedar yet and the online places I've found are outrageous Then add shipping...

Look-around online and there are lists of other types of wood that will work about the same though.

I'm pretty impressed with the wineador route, but getting the non heating version of the Newair plus add the 4 custom shelves I've ordered and I'm into it about $500 I estimate.

Not cheap but at least climate controlled for temp in the summer here and less then a lot of them in the 400 count range depending on brand and quality - also I dig the stainless look lol.

For what the cigars are worth inside of it I think it was a good investment imo, kinda like buying a good safe for your guns.

If you wanna go full tard on it you could always convert a closet:rolleyes:

My wife would KILL me if I put something like that in my house! She's already trying to get me to quit smoking cigars!

My wife's not a fan and was way more resistant in the beginning when I got back into it after 25 years last summer. I tried going just pipes but I much prefer a good cigar when compared.

Dunno if it will help but show her the 2016 FDA report on there being an almost 0% risk increase for 1-2 per day smokers and education on the difference between cigarettes and premium tobacco cigars.

Between that and a realistic breakdown of what this costs me vs pretty much all of my other hobbies (I.e. $2-5 for 60-90 min of relaxation and de stressing vs 2-5 min of shooting which I also obviously love) and while still not thrilled she's accepting of it and actually purchased the humidor and the nicer cutters and lighters I now own. Mostly she just has a nose like a blood hound and dislikes the smell (unfortunately for her I like the punch in the face bolder cigars lol) so I don't normally smoke when I could be spending time with her and do what I can to mitigate the smell.

Everyone's relationship is different but I just thought I'd share what worked for me.

YMMV

Yeah, my wife won't listen to that....on a good note, I'm waiting for my shipment of Drew Estate Factory Smokes. They're on sale at cigars.com for ~29/25 for the 5x54s.

Lighter updated review....

After a few months now I have some more insight into my preferred lighter.

I got the Xikar Verano and HP3 as gifts.

I am finding myself using the Verano flat flame quite a bit more the the HP3 triple inline.

The Verano is almost wind proof- you can blow right on the flame and it stays lit. The HP3 is more susceptible to wind but not like a Bic or anything.

They both are fantastic at touch ups with the way the HP3 has the outer jets angled inward which makes for a very focused point like a single torch but with a lot more horse power.

The Verano doesn't use as much fuel but the reservoir is much smaller as well.

Both are solid but the HP3 is certainly larger but still very pocket friendly and has a nice feel and heft.

I like the HP3 for large ring gauge cigars but the Verano will certainly do the trick.

The Verano excels at toasting the foot much like a paintbrush.

I like and use them both so I'm very satisfied with them but if I could only have one then the Verano would get my vote.

Both are a little pricey at around $70-$80 but the lifetime warranty was a big part of the appeal to both of them for me while researching them.

They do both have a great fit and finish and feel very well made with no mechanical slop to them.

The only con to the Verano imo is that you need to wait for it to be completely empty before purging and filling, otherwise it will spit liquid butane (it's not been a big deal as they both have great fuel level windows it's just a slight annoyance of mine). The HP3 and other lighters I have don't seem to have that issue.

Anyway that is my 2¢ for what its worth.

58BA2C12-749F-46ED-9324-8D4C6FE0849E.png D13EEB21-9401-49E1-A02C-5C2A6239E056.png

Closet for a humidor is a little over the top though I think. I would rather use closet space for something more useful personally. I converted one of our closets into a 2nd kitchen. The little window is what they put in all the bedroom closets originally cuz there was such limited lighting back then. I turned the closet doorway (now abandoned) into a little mini library. Tile now covers the old line of the closet wall on the floor 99A7CD7F-8014-47DB-88BA-2A778AA63568.jpeg
This forum rotates photo no matter what sorry
A9B17C30-4A20-4EE5-80B4-D805FC96040F.jpeg

I know I've posted these before but man I really love them.

I've never bought them at full price but when I see them on sale I can't seem to resist getting some.

Getting ahead on the stuff I really like has been the only way I've been able to stay stocked up and not break the bank.;)

Still have a ton of stuff I got in samplers I haven't even tried yet but I have to be in the mood to try something I might not love though so it might be some time before I get thru them :D.

5CD2C445-CED7-44D9-8FF5-DD17DAEFB8EA.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads