JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
EA99CFA4-8C5D-46CB-9632-EE53F99FC78B.jpeg
One of my new favorites.

I received an order by mail yesterday for some Flor de San Andres by Rocky Patel. It was a box-pressed Toro (6.5 x 52). A bit harsh for the 1st 1/2 inch or so. After that a well balanced flavor profile. Cigar is well constructed and burned evenly.

I've had a large number of Rocky's cigars over the years and find them to be uniformly good.

Gurkha Master Select #4

Overall unimpressed.

First couple inches was like smoking a rolled up paper bag. Smoothed out though, but then wouldnt stay lit very well.

It did put out a decent amount of smoke.

20200122_153403.jpg

Have been enjoying a lot of the Diesel Sherry Cask stoges here, lately. Ghurka is kind of weird... occasionally, I've had some that were really great, but for the most part, they disappoint. My understanding is that "Ghurka" is a marketing company, that has cigars made at numerous different outfits, so the quality varies a lot. I got tired of stuff that just doesn't burn evenly, or falls apart before you're done.

Baccarat Luchadore

My all time favorite light cigar...

Also a revisit of the first non-convenience store cigar I smoked.

Good flavor, even burn, nice draw... Even being over a year old and not bing in a humidor for half that time.

20200125_111623.jpg

What humidity do y'all in this area keep your humidors at?

Just curious.

Im keeping the wineador at 72% and transferring the next weeks sticks into my wood desktop that stays closer to 69%.

Some of my stash smokes just fine at 72 but I find most are more my preference at 69.

Any input or ideas would be appreciated.

Ordered a set of 4 custom drawers for the big humidor to replace the 4 shelves in it.

Im only able to get about 50-60 on a shelf and have to use boxes or ziplocks to keep them in order.

The 2 drawers I already have hold 100 plus and I like how they organize better.

I'll post some pics of the before and after in about 5 weeks or so when they arrive and I can season them before I put them in and fill em with cigars.

wineadors.com has some cool stuff and every review I've read has been pretty good with people being impressed with the finished product they've received so I have high hopes it will be exactly what I want.

Just curious.

Im keeping the wineador at 72% and transferring the next weeks sticks into my wood desktop that stays closer to 69%.

Some of my stash smokes just fine at 72 but I find most are more my preference at 69.

I quite checking my humidors years ago. I smoke walking Fred so half my cigars get soaked in the rain.:D

Just curious.

Personally I only worry about keeping at 70% or higher. I've never had an issue with being too moist but have had issues back in the day with too dry when using wood humidors. Just my preference.

Also I do keep Spanish cedar wood (from cigar boxes or thin ones from 5-packs etc.) in all containers as it tends to help regulate by soaking up or releasing moisture (imo).

Last Edited:
Tried a rocky Patel decade today and no way I could give this cigar a rating less than 9 out of 10. I would give it a 9.5 I think. As I mentioned above, I would give any good premium cigar a 7 out of 10 and to get higher It needs to meet my personal preference (might be different for someone else).

Smooth, medium bodied, aromatic, pretty flavorful. Sort of a rich, smooth medium is how I would describe it. Perfect for my tastes. Not super tightly wrapped so kind of a fast burner relative to some other cigars. I could care less about that personally. I think people with either a mild or full bodied preference would like this cigar as it's rich, not harsh in any way, and not too mild nor too bold. It is pretty hard to go wrong with this one IMO.
F7290C45-4095-4C8F-8A90-ABFD1B816755.jpeg

Just curious.

I haven't been smoking as much lately, but I use tupperware with a gasket and some Bovedas. I try and keep most of my stuff around 67-68% and then dry box it for a few hours/up to all day before smoking if I remember to do so. For the Cubans I keep those in a separate tupperware around 70%.

Tried a rocky Patel decade today and no way I could give this cigar a rating less than 9 out of 10. I would give it a 9.5 I think. As I mentioned above, I would give any good premium cigar a 7 out of 10 and to get higher It needs to meet my personal preference (might be different for someone else).

Smooth, medium bodied, aromatic, pretty flavorful. Sort of a rich, smooth medium is how I would describe it. Perfect for my tastes. Not super tightly wrapped so kind of a fast burner relative to some other cigars. I could care less about that personally. I think people with either a mild or full bodied preference would like this cigar as it's rich, not harsh in any way, and not too mild nor too bold. It is pretty hard to go wrong with this one IMO.
View attachment 654274

Though I don't know if I've tried the Decade, I've always been consistently pleased with Rocky Patel cigars. :)

If you liked the decade, check out The Edge cigars :cool:
Will do. I'll watch for a sale or sampler. I noticed that cigar.com advertised a sale for boxes of rocky Patel today but to me it looks like that sale price is double (or more) what u can get on the best sales. but I didn't check every single kind or anything just quick glance. Extremely impressed with decade one.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top