JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Rocky Patel Royal Vintage

Not my favorite but it smoked well. Might try it again if I get a good price.

Lighter to medium body, decent smoke output, burned evenly

20200115_162955.jpg

Gurkha seems to be on the low side of the high end brands.

Okay for an everyday smoke if you get a good price, but not for a special occasion or a nice Friday night smoke

I can get Rocky Patels for make $1 or two more and have rarely been disappointed with them. Even those I didnt care for the flavor were always well rolled and smoked nicely.
Maybe it's one of those brands that makes high end to low end? Great reviews of some of the Ghurkas literally all accross the internet. I need to try those beauty ones they look to be in a completely different league than the viper.

re rocky Patel I have never tried but have seen tons of good reviews of them. I got some "decade" ones in the same sampler that the ghurka beauty came in so I'll have to try soon. The decade ones had a 95 rating which is about as high a rating as I have seen.

Re price it seems to me some of the samplers can get you $10-$15 cigars for less than $3. I saw the "feast of kings" sampler at Cigar.com which I was surprised to see was comprised of some very trusted brands. monte christo, la Gloria Cubana, cohiba red dot, rocky Patel decade, ghurka bueuty, man of war ruination, macanudo for $2.67 each shipped after the 25% code. So I'm going to try to stick with good-deal-samplers for a while if I see a great price. Having said that though the macanudo 1968 were $66 for a box of 20 on sale at fieldsupply.com which was too good to pass up.

Last Edited:
Btw I've been curious about Davidoff and Kristof (sp?). Anybody try those?

also what is the deal with Ashton? Back in the day these were reasonably priced now they don't seem to exist on sale or for less than $10. Mild smoke but I used to like them.

A couple months back last chukar hunt for Daisy. With a Priva Ligada No. 9 Feral Flying Pig (if memory serves) and my Browning A5 20ga.
I just put Daisy down last week after 17 years of true blue partnership and a thousand dead birds. Cheers

8ADA7133-B786-4B54-8E1C-C2FB4858A5FB.jpeg

A couple months back last chukar hunt for Daisy. With a Priva Ligada No. 9 Feral Flying Pig (if memory serves) and my Browning A5 20ga.
I just put Daisy down last week after 17 years of true blue partnership and a thousand dead birds. Cheers

View attachment 651687

Sorry to hear about your dog passing. The cigar and chukar hunting looks like a delight though.

Tried a monte christo media noche today. I love maduros so my expectations were pretty high for this one. Medium full to full bodied by my standards. Very little smoke. Very flavorful. Spicy. Very tightly rolled, to the point where you need to work a bit to get a good draw at first. I would call it peppery and nutty flavor. Smooth. Leaves a sweet aftertaste in your mouth. 7AD34D6D-A1E5-42CE-978A-E58A51FE3DD9.jpeg
Here is a pretty good review on YouTube. I agree with much of what he said. I would probably give it a 7 out of 10 which is what I would give many premium cigars. To get any higher it would have to be more my personal preference for taste of flavors, body, etc. A little too peppery for me to give it higher (my personal preference only, the next person might rank it higher because it is peppery). A well made and flavorful stogie.

Last Edited:
Been putting this off for awhile so I figured I'd toss it out there and see if anyone wants these for trade.

Not bad cigars, yes they are on the cheaper end, but they are taking up too much space and I don't really smoke while working so I'd like to try trading for something more in my Flavor wheelhouse.

I like Maduro and full strength/body but open to most anything. Nicaraguan has been what I gravitate towards. No heavy pepper please.

-John Bull (22)

-Brazilian Cream (24)

Let me know what you got, all reasonable offers considered (They have been climate controlled and in an airtight container with Bovida packs).

769B79DC-BD11-475B-8279-CAA4757E0DB0.jpeg 2E451814-57E1-4B23-A8CD-5C9A05349A4F.png 9BB950A1-333A-41AC-AEE7-1532013E1650.jpeg

Very sorry. I love setters. My profile pic is of Pepper who lived 14 years until last Aug.

Back to topic, found this at a thrift store because I liked the box (ignore the sharpener):.
20200122_190428.jpg

inside 2 sealed Chatlily's Rums. I haven't smoked a cigar in years.

20200122_190348.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads