JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Alec Bradley Tempus Maduro

Not impressed with this one.
Too tight of a draw, uneven burn and the flavor wasnt that good.

Couldve been a bad one... Ill give another try
20191129_161204.jpg

Does anybody know if there is a time limit for storage in a humidor? I have some Cuban Cohibas that have been in a humidor jar for I think 16 years and I'm wondering if there is any real time limit as long as the humidity is good.?

Mellowed would be a good thing. I remember them being too strong for my taste. Probably why I haven't touched them in so long. But been out of cigars for a long time. I like more mild to medium bodied cigars. I'm surprised these haven't got the white spots after so long. Maybe due to not being opened to the air in so long I dunno.

Mellowed would be a good thing. I remember them being too strong for my taste. Probably why I haven't touched them in so long. But been out of cigars for a long time. I like more mild to medium bodied cigars. I'm surprised these haven't got the white spots after so long. Maybe due to not being opened to the air in so long I dunno.

Are you referring to the plume some cigars will get after aging?

The only thing I've been able to find about it is that it's the crystals are from the oils in the wrapper and that some cigars will get it if left alone for long enough and some will not.

I had cigars that had to be 10-14 years old and not touched that never developed it and they were not in a sealed container

-Toraño Exodus 1959 '50 Years' tonight.

Super smooth and very robust flavor.

Splurged on a 5 pack. It's really good but not a top 10 for me so maybe a buyer if they go on sale.

3 bands:rolleyes:o_O

40EF368D-2217-4D75-A86C-D9C12CA7781E.jpeg

How about small Romeos and an SBR? Little cigars, little rifle. :D

ah.jpg

(Went to do the espresso and cigar thing this morning, but found the humidor totally out of ammunition. So, I resorted to the little sticks in the tin. Surprisingly not bad. :s0155:)

Tangential question; anyone know how long pipe tobacco, if sealed, is good for? A moment ago I was in the office supply cabinet looking for a computer cable and I came across this:

pipe.jpg

Why did I put it in there? No idea; I'm known to do silly things at times. But I haven't smoked a pipe since my daughter was newly walking, so around a half decade. Anypoop, just curious.

Hey, this is COOL. While not often, I do like to puff on a Baccarat every now and then while sitting out on the deck with three fingers of Crown Royal watching the deer. I'd love to read about what those here prefer for a good cigar smoke, but I'm just a humble gunschmidt and can't afford those really good ones! ;)

Question for some of you guys out there..

I've taken a liking to the My Father Demi-Tasse size Blue Label Originals. When they're on they're on. Trouble is I've been having an unacceptably high fail rate. In the two packs of (6) each that I've purchased no less than 1/3 of them have been basically unsmokable on account of not drawing properly. I expect that is because they are rolled too tight. The shop I bought them doesn't seem to want to do anything about it. (left my name/number and complaint for the owner to contact me, hasn't happened). Next is to reach out to Don Pepin, which I have, but so far unable to reach the guy that needs to hear my frustration.

When I do finally get this guy on the phone, what, if anything, should I expect to have happen?

Some quick probing around online supports my claim. Out of the handful of public reviews I've read of these, this specific complaint gets brought up far too often to be ignored... or denied.

Thanks

Maybe try a cigar probe? I used to have one years ago that was like a tapered drill bit. Used to work slick for that problem. The ones I see nowadays are not a drill bit type just a straight probe.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top