JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's good to have Cuban friends.

20190912_191009 - Copy.jpg

Looks like nice smokes, free are always the best and should never be taken for granted. Quality is subjective to he or she who is partaking. Only way to find out is to set those bad boys on fire and report back to us. :D

Going to the mountains next week. I'll light one up in front of the fire and I'll let you know.

Going to the mountains next week. I'll light one up in front of the fire and I'll let you know.
Keep them in a ziplock so they don't get too dry. You may want to wrap up a half sheet of damp (not dripping) paper towel in aluminum foil (you don't want direct moisture touching the cigars) and put it in with them. That will keep the humidity in the cigars. Although I rather enjoy a drier cigar, most (normal) people like the the tobacco soft and adequately humidified. Or since you have two, keep one humid and leave the other dry and see what works best for you. Hope you have a great get away! :)

About a week ago neighbor Mike (retired Army Captain) invited me down for a fire and a couple of beers. It was late and I had to head out early the next morning so I grabbed a couple of quick smokes (Short Story's) and went down. Nice, easy evening. The smokes were epic, as was my neighbor. The ash broke off right after I took the pic, of course.

IMG_20190901_215033.jpg

Ah, black coffee and a cigar; breakfast of champions. Or more like that of someone thoroughly burned out. :s0140:
....not necessarily. Like to start my weekend mornings with a french press of great coffee, and one of several short smokes from that large island south of Miami. Burnout not required.....:cool:

True that. I might be fried, but still enjoying life. And going to party with some fun new people tomorrow, so it is all good. (Oh and that Cohiba was a darn fine stick. Cost a little more than some cigars, but worth every penny. :))

HC Black Maduro 6x60 chunky for my Friday 13th afternoon treat.

Finding I like a light to medium stick but I love the dark bold sticks. Also I lean to preferring predominantly Nicaraguan.:s0155:

This was part of a sampler but it's something I'll look to go on sale and get a box or bundle.

Paired it with my 92 Inox and water:D

135A934A-4777-415F-BF12-D5E026CC31DC.jpeg 12CE9907-ED85-44AD-850F-B14D8CBE7832.jpeg 72EF3CD9-0961-4644-951C-32CD81FE8D4A.jpeg

Up for partaking tonight is one of my Jose Marti Masaya figurados. Nicaraguan in origin, it's full body comes from its Nicaraguan binder, Honduran/Dominican filler and Ecuadorian wrapper. Distributed primarily through JR (it's one of their brands), I have found this cigar to have been extremely consistent over the years. I have been smoking these since 1997 and have never once had a quality problem. It's a big boy at 6.75 x 54 so grab a beer and put on some tunes as may take a while to get through one. But why would anyone want to rush through a cigar such as this? A bundle of 20 runs around $70 bucks on JR's website although i believe they have them in five packs as well

IMG_20190914_212211.jpg IMG_20190914_210547.jpg

Neighbor texted me and said there some door knockers making their way up the street. I figured that since it was raining I would go out and have a quick cigar under my fir tree and wait for them.
Since I love door knockers, I was tempted to OC out front with the AK but I have a couple of squeamish neighbors so I just grabbed one of my quick smokes. Much to my delight, I found some older Jose Marti pigtail corona's. They stopped making these about five years ago so it was pretty neat to stumble across some in the bottom of my cooler-dor. Excellent full flavored smoke and not too tightly packed. It took about 15 minutes to burn down and made a heck of a lot of smoke, which I enjoyed watching as it wafted up the street.
The rain got pretty intense for the short time I was out there and the door knockers never showed up.

IMG_20190917_200114.jpg

I'm pleased to report the cigar was surprisingly good. It was a cheap stick, so I wasn't expecting much, but it was a darn smooth smoke. :)
Some of those cheapie smokes can be quite surprising. There's nothing like lighting up what appears to be a dog rocket and having it blow away one of your premiums.

How about a Smith & Wesson and a Casa de Garciá? Is it any good? Well, only one way to find out ... :)

View attachment 618400

I'm pleased to report the cigar was surprisingly good. It was a cheap stick, so I wasn't expecting much, but it was a darn smooth smoke. :)

I agree:s0155:

I got one from a local shop and I didn't want to spend a lot because I had some great stuff on the way I got for $2 each (that's my personal goal to not spend more then that for anything - some of the online fire sales etc plus free shipping has resulted in a nice little collection of samplers that will keep me going for some time I assume :rolleyes:) and paid I think $3 and some change after taxes for the Garcia.

Didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did. Wrote it down in my log just in case I see it go on sale somewhere.

I might be addicted to collecting cigars:oops:.

It's so much cheaper to stack promotional codes with fire sales and have it shipped free vs local shops that there isn't even a sliver to compare with unfortunately.

I'm getting $6-15+ sticks for $1-$2 max

I've been stocking up to get way ahead of my usage and am to the point where I've gotta stop cuz my space to store them is well past reasonable. Got some stacking Tupperware type tubs with seals to organize my inventory today.

There are so many YouTube channels that review brands that I feel I can make an educated guess as too if I will most likely like something or not and have been perusing the sales with that in mind.

Made my last order today for quite awhile.

So how do y'all manage your inventory?

Do you only buy stuff you know you like when you need to?

Do you buy things on sale to try?

Do you stock up when it's a good price like with Ammo?

I don't know anyone personally really (other then from here) that is a regular smoker and up until lately I was one of the 'every once in awhile people who get one from the tobacco store on special occasions.

I might be addicted to collecting cigars:oops:.

It's so much cheaper to stack promotional codes with fire sales and have it shipped free vs local shops that there isn't even a sliver to compare with unfortunately.

I'm getting $6-15+ sticks for $1-$2 max

I've been stocking up to get way ahead of my usage and am to the point where I've gotta stop cuz my space to store them is well past reasonable. Got some stacking Tupperware type tubs with seals to organize my inventory today.

There are so many YouTube channels that review brands that I feel I can make an educated guess as too if I will most likely like something or not and have been perusing the sales with that in mind.

Made my last order today for quite awhile.

So how do y'all manage your inventory?

Do you only buy stuff you know you like when you need to?

Do you buy things on sale to try?

Do you stock up when it's a good price like with Ammo?

I don't know anyone personally really (other then from here) that is a regular smoker and up until lately I was one of the 'every once in awhile people who get one from the tobacco store on special occasions.
It pretty much depends on your dedication level. It's fun to collect interesting cigars. Just a warning though, it can get out of hand fast, lol. Over the last decade or so I have kept on average 200 smokes on hand, but probably more. I've greatly reduced my inventory levels over the last year or so as I probably just won't ever get around to smoking that many.
These days I like to go into cigar shops. and look for interesting smokes. Problem is that I go in intending to buy one but usually walk out with half a dozen. Then there's the awesome deals that you can find online...

It pretty much depends on your dedication level. It's fun to collect interesting cigars. Just a warning though, it can get out of hand fast, lol. Over the last decade or so I have kept on average 200 smokes on hand, but probably more. I've greatly reduced my inventory levels over the last year or so as I probably just won't ever get around to smoking that many.
These days I like to go into cigar shops. and look for interesting smokes. Problem is that I go in intending to buy one but usually walk out with half a dozen. Then there's the awesome deals that you can find online...

Well now I don't feel so guilty:D.

I've been keeping at least one of each kind if I start out with more then one so I can try it down the road and compare it to my tastes now.

There are a lot that I only have one of though so those are turning into my Friday afternoon smokes because I get off a good few hours before the wife and I have time to enjoy it and still get a shower in. (No way to phrase that to not get in the out of context thread:p)

Weekday stuff I have gravitated to a couple brands that were heavily discounted or just flat cheaper so I bought a bundle or box of and have a stash that I know what to expect and about how long they take to get thru at a laid back pace.

Then there is one bundle that I got at a fraction of it's regular price that is so outside my league that I may never be able to get more, plus it is so far the one I compare everything else too so those are getting stored for special occasions along with a few other potentials.

At only 2-4 per week I'm pretty well off for the foreseeable future at least.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top