JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Camacho scorpion fumas connecticut for me today and a new 22 toy. Similar to a lot of other conn shade wrapper with Nicaraguan filler. Macanudo inspirado white, montechristo platinum, man o war virtue (I don't like that one), are some similar cigars that come to mind. Most important thing with these imo is use a v cut because it's mixed filler. Same Tabacco as regular scorpion but filler is not full leaves. F9A89394-650D-461C-85D8-BDC059BBC3D5.jpeg

Macanudo inspirado black for me today. Sweet, creamy, mild body, aromatic (sort of a mocha aroma). honey, coffee, leather, mocha flavors, slight hint of pepper. This one not as sweet as the last one I had this one is just right. Wonderful conn broadleaf wrapper is reminiscent of the 1990s Jamaican filler macanudo maduro cigars. 8.8/10 for my preferences. Good construction. Kind of a fast burner. Good choice if u want mild sweet aromatic cigar with some flavor imo.
2DFA11AA-327D-4AD5-849F-CE3AEBC88C9B.jpeg

Macanudo inspirado orange for me today. 2nd one I've tried and first one apparently did not have enough humidor time cuz this one is quite different.

Sweet, medium bodied, smooth, creamy, a bit tangy, very aromatic. Honduran wrapper over Dominican, Honduran, and Nicaraguan fillers. Very well balanced. If u want a mild to medium, sweet, very aromatic cigar this one is worth a try. I think this is one of those cigars that would please everyone except for those that only smoke mild cigars. Light years better than Macanudo cafe.

Compared to other inspirados I would say more pungent and sweet than white, less sweet than black, less spicy than green, less body than red. More aroma than white and red. I guess I would say this is kind of a milder version of green maybe and more honey like flavors. It's not my top choice but I will be buying more if I can find a deal cuz it's good variety and different than other inspirados. Probably a 9/10 for me.
5563A638-3B2A-4608-B12B-501B624216E8.jpeg

Perdomo lot 23 sun grown for me today. 5 weeks in humidor and I think it's not enough cuz tastes lifeless like so many other cigars that I have smoked too soon. Gonna get another one of these and try after a few months in humidor.
E32CC1FC-BCAD-45D1-9BB8-B5C576BC8C88.jpeg

Arise from the dead, most joyful thread ...

And on that note, how about back to original with the cigars and pews:

Darkest Southern Oregon.jpg

Cohiba was just the ticket. (The pith helmet seemed fitting what with all the curious "wildlife" I've been interfacing with lately. :p)

Last Edited:
Haven't visited this thread in ages. Since joe13 left it kind of died I guess.

Anyway montecristo Cuban open junior for me today. Little petite corona.

Similar to all other Cubans to me. Musty taste. Not much flavor. Fairly poor construction (this one has a somewhat hard draw). Been in humidor maybe 1.5-2 years.

I would give it maybe an 8.6/10. For those that really love the musty flavor they would like it. To me it's just ok.

I'm surprised there are no white nodules on the ash as that is fairly common with Cubans.

Also Cubans are the only cigars I ever get plume with. Plume is not bad, but I do wonder if Cubans get anywhere near the quality control of non Cubans (my understanding is they don't).

2nd pic shows plume:

78F80319-428B-4D41-943E-0E4CEA6FF44B.jpeg

D86EFE29-442E-4088-BDD4-377209667A85.jpeg

Tried another Macanudo inspirado orange today and I'm going to have to revise my earlier impression. This one is a bit tangy and a bit sweet. Kind of a honey taste. Very aromatic. The one I had earlier must have been still in the sick period from shipping. I like this one. Sort of like the inspirado green but a bit sweeter and creamier. I would say it's not a slightly spicy connecticut shade "mild" type of cigar (Fe cohiba connecticut, montechristo platinum, man o war Valkyrie) more like a slightly spicy and sweet medium bodied cigar.

DF39D77C-A5C4-45D4-AF97-A490923DE38F.png

Also Cubans are the only cigars I ever get plume with. Plume is not bad, but I do wonder if Cubans get anywhere near the quality control of non Cubans (my understanding is they don't).

2nd pic shows plume:
Plume is bad. Plume isn't a thing in fact. What people call plume is actually just mold. This has been tested repeatedly and has come to be well understood and widely accepted in the cigar industry for those who keep up with current wisdom. "Plume" or "bloom" is mold, end of story. Habanos are known to be more prone to mold as they ship their cigars wetter than most.

Haven't visited this thread in ages. Since joe13 left it kind of died I guess.
He's still here. Posted just today...
Heya Gentlemen!

I didn't make this known to many but I was involved in a fluke accident in early 2022 (just after filling my big to me humidor coincidentally of course) on the job and am still recovering from it but am doing much better then I was.

Left me extremely light sensitive during the summer months so between not working and the inability to sit on the back porch in the light I have only smoked about 4 cigars in almost a year and they were just mid range daily's.

The accident also made it very hard to read so I've only in the last few months been on the site much and as I haven't been up to much I haven't had much to offer in the way of conversation.

However, It's nice to know I was missed and glad to be back amongst like minded folks with a taste for the finer things in life.:cool:

I would like to explain more but as it is still ongoing I don't think that would be wise and will leave it at that ;)

Well, welcome back, Joe! And I sure hope you heal up completely, and sooner rather than later! Good to see you again!

Haven't checked in, in a while. Getting nice smokes from the Tatuaje Series P (robusto and short robusto), and trying a bundle of Factory Smokes, toro, maduro. My two favorite reasonably priced smokes right now. Can't forget to mention the DT&T "Umbagog"....it's their 'reasonably priced' (barely) smoke, but wow it's a good one.

The stuff from 'the island south of Miami' has gone up so much in value it's hard to fathom. I'm lucky enough to have a cabinet, which is pretty well maxed out from years of collecting. Most of the boxes I've been saving have gone up 4X in price. Way better than my 401K.....:mad:

Still up for a smoke with you heathens, anytime it works out.....:cool:

Plume is bad. Plume isn't a thing in fact. What people call plume is actually just mold. This has been tested repeatedly and has come to be well understood and widely accepted in the cigar industry for those who keep up with current wisdom. "Plume" or "bloom" is mold, end of story. Habanos are known to be more prone to mold as they ship their cigars wetter than most.
True fact here. The habanos guys in AUS did a long study, with the help of some smart guys that really know fungus.....and found every sample of 'plume' they tested was readily identifiable as mold of some sort or another. With all the boxes I've had, I had one box of smokes (Tatuaje) that after a few years developed a fine dusting of what most would call plume. Sent a couple to these guys, and nope, it was a variety of mold. Dust on the wrapper is pretty harmless, but blue hair growing on the foot is a deal breaker.

....despite what I've been told in B&M's when they had white hairy cigars....:D

True fact here. The habanos guys in AUS did a long study, with the help of some smart guys that really know fungus.....and found every sample of 'plume' they tested was readily identifiable as mold of some sort or another. With all the boxes I've had, I had one box of smokes (Tatuaje) that after a few years developed a fine dusting of what most would call plume. Sent a couple to these guys, and nope, it was a variety of mold. Dust on the wrapper is pretty harmless, but blue hair growing on the foot is a deal breaker.

....despite what I've been told in B&M's when they had white hairy cigars....:D
We have the same thing with Pipe Tobacco, mold or plume, it's rare, but does happen!

We have the same thing with Pipe Tobacco, mold or plume, it's rare, but does happen!
Never been into pipes, but cigars I've got 'some' experience with. Pretty easy to tell crystallized oils from fungus under the microscope. Interesting that in their study, very detailed and a year or so long, they didn't find one instance of what we'd call 'plume' or bloom or whatever. Mold, they did find. Can't say it 'never' happens, but in their study, they didn't find any. Very interesting, to say the least.

Let me share a brief experience with no photos or other evidence. You'll just have to take my word for it, cuz I forgot to post here when it was fresh in my small mind...

I got off a cruise ship in November. As always, I bought some cigars while I was in Mexico. Of course, Gringo's have to get their Cubano's, and we pay probably 10-times the price the locals pay.

Anyway... I bought a couple small boxes of Habano's. Some big ones and some cute little ones. The little ones were no better than a Tiparillo. The larger ones, and I don't even remember which ones they were, were quite nice this time. Whatever I hope for, Cuban see-gars are not always great, at least not in my experience. This time they were exceptional.

End of report.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top