JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Macanudo 1968 for me today. Medium full. Sneaks up on you with huge nicotine punch. Only stronger ones in terms of nicotine I've had are Cain.

also tried a man o war skull crusher the other day. Full bodied, very heavy, very dark. Much too heavy and dark and has some harshness for my tastes.

E885E10F-A45C-49AD-B478-44CC2BC34F6A.jpeg
0BBA8E03-7285-4AAE-9465-F42F65E8DAAD.jpeg

Cuban partagas serie d for me today. Probably my favorite Cuban but IMO doesn't hold a candle to some of the good non-Cuban cigars. Musty and a bit more earthy than most Cubans I've had. Nice aroma. I would give it about an 8.5-8.6/10 mainly due to the nice aroma. These have had about 1 year in humidor. 42DACAF2-7BF0-449B-BB1E-F5631F05EF2B.jpeg

Last Edited:
I shouldn't have checked out this thread, gonna have to hit the cigar shop down the road. Maybe pick up a bottle of goodness to sip on.

Happy Father's Day everyone. You are all King's.
The wife (2.0) and kids got me a bottle of Suntory whiskey and an RyJ churchill (Dominican). To bribe them all to the dinner table I grilled up some Costco ribeyes. Time for a smoke.
I will leave you with a quote from Rudy Kipling. . "A woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke".
I believe he was on to something. I don't know, I could be wrong (and I often am).
Cheers.

IMG_20210620_210017.jpg IMG_20210620_182343.jpg

Macanudo maduro for me today. Mild cigar with a sweet conn broadleaf wrapper. This cigar is all about the wrapper imo. Flavors are very subtle. Good cigar when u are in the mood for mild and sweet.
B3BFF8D0-9637-4FB9-8A6F-FAFE3C3F6B3F.jpeg
88216D6A-3B9B-4C1A-802E-43276720D432.jpeg

Just a reminder here....
Discussing moderator actions / staff issues over the open forum is against forum rules...
As well as "Farewell" threads.

I would urge any who don't like what they see here....to contact Joe directly via a PM.
Andy

Tried a Jaime Garcia my father reserva especial today. Very good cigar but to me personally it doesn't live up to the hype or cost. I would give it a 8.7/10 or so.

this brand is often cited as "if u want to know what a Cuban cigar tastes like try one of these". I would say that's accurate to some extent but this lacks the "must" flavor of most Cubans. Kind of a similar flavor but different. it is very similar in mouth presence, aroma, body etc. It is also better than many Cubans imo. I would put it on par with a Cuban cohiba or Partagas serie D. I haven't tried a Cuban montechristo yet so can't compare to that.
BE337360-D7C2-455C-9D06-62DAE1899396.jpeg

Last Edited:
What are yo all using for a hydrometer?

The ones in my humidors are all broken.

Ive been using some generic ones from eBay and they have been responsive to changes, and the cigars are smoking okay so I assume theyre accurate,

But, I got another humidor and a new Humi-Care digital one, with temp reading too...
It is reading 15-20% lower humidity than my other ones. Now Im doubting the whole thing,

What is a good, reliable hydrometer?

What are yo all using for a hydrometer?

The ones in my humidors are all broken.

Ive been using some generic ones from eBay and they have been responsive to changes, and the cigars are smoking okay so I assume theyre accurate,

But, I got another humidor and a new Humi-Care digital one, with temp reading too...
It is reading 15-20% lower humidity than my other ones. Now Im doubting the whole thing,

What is a good, reliable hydrometer?
I've been using these adjustable ones. I have four and all have been drop dead reliable. When you first get it you can do a salt test to see if you need to make any adjustment. After that adjustment they should be dead on from there on in. When new, one was right on, two were 1-2% off, and one was 4% off. they don't seem to wander at all (I've done salt tests to verify). Amazon is not the cheapest place to get them but handy for the link:

Tried a drew estate undercrown maduro today. Excellent cigar with wonderful aroma and sweet somewhat fruity flavors. Musty also. Creamy but spicy in mouth and spice tingle lingers a very long time. Nice to find a cigar that lives up to its higher price point. I would give it a 9.2-9.3/10. Not a powerhouse type smoke more like spicy and sweet. medium full body. Somewhat of a fast burner but burn and draw are excellent. Love the aroma of this cigar. Has a mild semi-sweet chocolate/cocoa presence throughout.
ADB89200-C00C-45CA-AED3-9CA0FF533239.jpeg
this description below is pretty accurate I think and shows tobacco used. They didn't note the "must" flavor though which is something I pay attention to when it's there. Not because I like it so much but because "must" is that flavor found in Cubans that some people are attracted to. "Must" flavor is mild only in this cigar imo.
D2E49FBC-B117-471D-8E8F-521AED415C28.png

Last Edited:
Celebrating a new puppy with apunch bare knuckle today. Strong, meaty with tastes of dark roast coffee, steak, mushroom and mahogany. Nice strong aroma. Full bodied. Not harsh. Quite smooth, not spicy really but still has sort of a strong dark presence like a strong espresso. Seems like most of the punch brand cigars are pretty good. This one is definitely on the stronger and darker side of those. Not bitter, but getting close to borderline of that, again like a dark espresso. I would give it a 9/10 for my preferences. If I preferred dark, less sweet cigars I would rank it higher I think.
AFD6173C-96D6-43A2-BE19-F828FFF63033.jpeg C38AD636-101C-47E7-968B-7F6ED18DB996.jpeg

Anyone use an electronically controlled humidor fridge???
Like this...

Are they bubblegum?

Ive had a hard time,with hygrometers and accuracy... Each of mine give very different readings... And then trying to keep up humidification in three separate humidors...

I need a better solution...

What do yall think?

Last Edited:
Like this...

Are they bubblegum?

Ive had a hard time,with hygrometers and accuracy... Each of mine give very different readings... And then trying to keep up humidification in three separate humidors...

What do yall think?
I'm not a big cee-gar smoker (only smoke 'em when I visit my millionaire former climberin' buddy and we share a single malt after dinner on the veranda), but he has something similar to what you posted and it seems to do the trick for him. I know what he has is pretty fancy...

The analog hydrometers need to be calibrated before use in order to get a accurate reading and for maintaining the humidity I've found that the Boveda packs work the best and they can be had for a good price on Ebay. (Shameless Plug) In case anyone is looking for a humidor with accessories, I have a great deal listed here in the non-firearms section.

Like this...

Are they bubblegum?

What do yall think?
FYi as a low cost alternative for lots of cigars storage you can use a gasket box. These are 100% airtight and are cheap. They are not for showing off your cigars of course but for reliable airtight storage of large quantities they work great. The 80 quart size holds about 500 or so I beleive, and the 54 quart size holds 250-300 cigars. I've been using 2 of the 54 quart ones (I think that is the size) for storage in addition to wood humidors. With the cigars at 70%ish humidity you don't even need any humidification unless you access the bin often. Mine will lose about 1% over 3 months with one small gel humidifier. But I access it about every other day. I have another one that rarely is accessed and it holds fine with no humidifier (cigars were at 69-70% when put in). I add a humidifier for a time if I see it get to 67%.

walmart link to the 54 quart bin below (other stores carry them also). I can only vouch for the sterilite blue gasket boxes. There are others that may work but these do not leak at all. I store chemicals and spray paint etc. in the basement in other smaller of these gasket boxes and when you open one up it is like boom, you get hit with the odors instantly but before opened you can't smell anything.

Re hygrometers, as mentioned in the post above (a few before this one) there are very few I trust. Joe13 listed an electronic one that speaks to your phone, that and the ones I posted above and that's it. 2 total. I believe that 100% of analog hygrometers are innacurate based on my experience. I've also had at least 5 different digital ones that were way off (including a xikar one that was around 13% off when new, and the round digital one that mimics an analog style that is recommended on some websites mine was way, way off -even on temperature too!).

Also forgot to mention that no matter what is used for storage, the more full it is the better. The more airspace it has the more variable teh humidity will be. Cedar "Deadmen" (cedar blocks that are roughly the same size as a cigar) can help with moderating the humidity somewhat, but if it is mostly full the cigars themselves keep it steady I have found, requiring minimal humidification if the container/humidor is aritight.

Last Edited:
Partagas cifuentes maduro for me today. Strong, sweet, spicy, peppery. I like the maduro one better than the other cifientes. This one always reminds me of partagas maduros I had in late 90's. Probably a little too bold for the morning but what the hell. Leaves Kind of an oily sweet and spicy taste in ur mouth. I can't remember what I ranked these before but I would give it an 8.8/10 so far. Great evening cigar. Lots of smoke, very slow burn. Oily rich wrapper. Med full body but it feels like full body in the morning, mild-medium flavors. I could see this being almost a 2 hour cigar maybe. As usual for Partagas excellent construction draw etc. 54 ring size.
CED81BDA-41DC-454A-8AA9-13EB130F035B.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews