JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyone ever try one of these "turrium" lighters? Same size as a cigar so would fit in a cigar case. If they made some type of v cut cigar cutter the same size a s a cigar u could have a cigar, lighter, and cutter all in a 3 tube cigar case which would be cool. 2F5D9AFD-1278-4450-85D1-68C3D85AF66D.png
...btw smoking a rocky Patel vintage 1999 second now and I have to say it's kinda crap. Not horrible but there are plenty of seconds I would smoke over this one 978FF7E8-4BF1-485C-8809-8D430EE15530.png

Anyone ever try one of these "turrium" lighters? Same size as a cigar so would fit in a cigar case. If they made some type of v cut cigar cutter the same size a s a cigar u could have a cigar, lighter, and cutter all in a 3 tube cigar case which would be cool. View attachment 827929
...btw smoking a rocky Patel vintage 1999 second now and I have to say it's kinda crap. Not horrible but there are plenty of seconds I would smoke over this one View attachment 827933

Lots of mixed reviews on YouTube.

I use my Xikar Verano 99% of the time. Fits in my jeans coin pocket perfectly and lights and touches up 5-7 cigars so I just purge it once a week and fill it back up.

Best lighter I've tried so far and very wind resistant.

I got started with cigars when I gave up Copenhagen in 1998. Have gone around the block on what I liked, started with the macanudo, moved up quickly though to a strong maduro. Gave up the booze in 2010, so had to kind of rediscover my love for cigars. For a while I didn't think they were going to fit in a sober lifestyle. Turns out they fit just fine.

Hung out with the Fuente's for quite a while, but lately I've settled on Montecristo #2.

I like a nice cigar in the hot tub when I get home from work.

490C4F90-997D-4F46-B6A9-0995DE220CA7.jpeg

Macanudo inspirado green for me today. Medium to Med-full. Very well constructed and fairly Inexpensive (when found on good deal can be less than $2 ea) cigar. More mouth presence than Macanudo black, similar to cru royale that way. I find coffee, earth, pepper (black, noticeable but not too strong), black tea, a bit of brown sugar flavors. Probably some type of wood in there but I can't name it, and won't give it the generic term "cedar" cuz it doesn't really fit for me. If I had to choose a wood flavor, I would say just noticeable "teak". A metallic note in there too.

Not really sweet or dry, kind of in the middle. Smooth overall but with a mild pepper presence throughout. I would call it a well balanced cigar, moderately complex. I like it slightly better than torano exodus 50 year, Partagas heritage, just due to more complex. Also less earthy than both of those. I would probably give it a score of 8.9/10 For some reason it hits the spot when I want a lively but not too lively cigar. 4F606A00-9ABE-42B8-BB41-3C596DF53AD7.jpeg

Last Edited:
Man o war ruination petite corona size for me today. I think I like the fatter sizes better for this one. Petite size seems less peppery and less flavorful (which is usually the opposite for most cigars I smoke).They have a 54 and 60ish ring torpedo and rubusto sizes that seem more interesting to my taste. Great cigar though in any size. 60C038E6-07F9-484C-B7A6-4DC6AD33506D.jpeg

Last Edited:
Partagas icon for me this evening. I thought the first one I smoked was just ok but I like this one a lot better. This one has several months (6 maybe?) of humidor time which makes me think the first one I smoked was just too soon.

Kind of a meaty, mildly spicy, full bodied cigar with a stout aroma. Not terribly complex but a nice cigar. I'm getting meat, leather, mild to med black pepper, must, coffee, some type of spice I can't place. More dry than sweet. Smooth for this type of cigar. No harshness. I like it. Construction, draw, burn etc all excellent. This one might be appealing to full-bodied lovers. Price is very reasonable for these if u find a good sale. Needs humidor time for best depth and flavor. I would probably give it a 8.9-9/10 13BC7873-642C-438D-A06C-C085115E8D3B.jpeg

Last Edited:
Man o war ruination 10th anniversary for me today. Interesting cigar. It's dark and fairly rich but zero pepper. Very smooth for this type of cigar. Almost too smooth really in the sense that it feels like it should have more pop/zing/mouth presence to it than it does. Very nice deep aged tobacco aroma. Flavors are kind of mild and in the background, not upfront. Kind of reminds me a bit of rocky Patel vintage 1990 but less chocolatey. Any of the darker Honduran cigars such as some of the RP are kind of in the same category as this I think. I think this cigar might be perfect for people with a preference for dark Honduran type flavors/aroma and zero pepper. I would give it a 8.8/10 (in the first third any way, subject to change). Size is gigantic as it's a very wide, firmly packed box pressed cigar.

interesting note re humidor time... same time of first one I smoked (maybe 3 weeks) and this one (maybe 6-7 months?) as the Partagas icon a few post prior. But unlike Partagas this one taste identical to the first one I tried. Just goes to show that some cigars benefit more from humidor time than others (assuming storage from the supplier was equal).
8757B688-E64F-42D6-832C-2BF10F523207.jpeg

In case anyone is interested in getting one of these FYI I received a swiss army knife cutter (called cigar 36) from Amazon yesterday and had a chance to try it out this am. Feels like great quality. Cut is good. Not as crisp as a sharp double gullitine cutter but good. I bought to be able to fit in my cigar pocket case. Now I need to get one of those turrim lighters and with luck maybe could fit two cigars plus cutter plus lighter in the one case. Great little knife for $30. They also have a bigger size for twice as much but for me the larger one would be too big to fit in the pocket case. Cheers!
73FD050D-220E-494B-9883-0979D7DFA026.jpeg 3E2D08F0-90E6-4EE1-BFDC-011C6E1A335E.jpeg 4F711EF3-FBC6-4B18-8493-2EEE75266E2F.jpeg 4703AE0F-B0E9-4B3A-A7C8-D31B6469FFB7.jpeg F32ED874-E57A-4F67-AFD7-4025AA1B098E.jpeg

Davidoff 3x3 tubo for me today in Churchill size.

Been a long time since I smoked one of these. I wanted to try another one after lots of humidor time to see if there is some special quality I'm missing or something. So these have had about 1.5 years in humidor or longer maybe.

Very dry (taste, not humidity ha ha). Very mild body. Very smooth throughout. Draw is excellent, construction is good, burn is splitting at 2nd third

Flavors of: Timothy Hay, Dry leaves, Green tea (tannins), little bit of almond, tiny bit of salt water taffy taste, salt, and slight mint in 2nd third.

Unlit aroma: barnyard and hay

Lit aroma: charred almond (nice aroma but pretty mild)

Not a bad cigar in any way, but not particularly great. If one was a real fan of mild only cigars (especially dominican) this might be worth trying but I can think of many mild cigars I would want to smoke before this. Reminds me of Romeo y Julieta 1875 but drier, more grassy taste.

I would give it a score of 7.5/10 for my preferences (Subject to change as I'm in the middle third right now).

edit: last third has considerably more taste, body, and aroma. Like the macanudo maduro, if the whole cigar was like the last third, this would be a fantastic cigar.
8E2A1EA0-7CC8-4B81-A554-1C6BD3FC1191.jpeg

Last Edited:
Tried an RP Sun Grown I got in some mix and match last year. After having issues with burn and draw on a couple different RP's previously I didn't have high expectations but I was pleasantly surprised with this one. Good medium light draw and lots of smoke. Nice aroma and I enjoyed it to the last. Definitely some nicotine hit. My buddy was smoking a Macanudo Green which I have tried previously and I have to say I think that cigar has an even nicer aroma when compared side by side though it is a bit mellower smoke than the RP Sun Grown in my opinion.

E9A1384D-0982-487D-9EB9-3FF1BAE826A0.jpeg

Minor tangent; can anyone suggest a good travel case for some cigars? Like a half dozen or so? The two stick case I have at present won't cut it. (We have a very silly trip planned, and lined up with respect to logistics, in less than a couple weeks from now.)

Minor tangent; can anyone suggest a good travel case for some cigars? Like a half dozen or so? The two stick case I have at present won't cut it. (We have a very silly trip planned, and lined up with respect to logistics, in less than a couple weeks from now.)
A lot of ppl like the herf-a-dors. They r definitely not for me (pers preference, not due to any bad experience with them).

Acrylic jars are bulletproof and I would definitely recommend. I would replace the little humidifier (green foam kind) with either a boveda pack or gel type small humidifier (I like the stick kind shown below which r a little smaller than a cigar). AF6A85AD-1946-4A4D-852E-A6B2832BC409.jpeg

also no hesitation in recommending sterilite gasket bins from target if ur just looking for function rather than aestethics. They work excellent. But the issue might be finding a small enough size. Empty air space = humidity fluctuations form opening etc. Full, or nearly full, is much more stable imo. I think Joe13 posted some similar gasket bins from Amazon in the past so maybe U could find small ones there also.

Also I've used regular wood cigar boxes and treat them just like a new humidor (season by wiping with distilled water or leave a soaked sponge in for many days). Then I put a little humidifier stick in it. Let me know if you want any wood boxes and I can send you one. Might have to include a sampler too, can't send an empty box! I bought a bunch of new boxes and kind of ran out of uses for them. They r more fussy keeping steady humidity than the other options above though imo.
D07227C4-2910-4A83-93AE-AEC0A56B93E5.jpeg

Last Edited:
So I picked up this travel humidor for the scheduled wacky adventures in the Emerald City soon. And if it works, other trips.

View attachment 848816
Looks like a nice one! Love the looks of that one especially the built in hygrometer. If you have another hygrometer u might test to see if it is a few degrees off or not. I've had digital ones that are right on the money and some that are a little bit off. If it's a little off you can just remember "add 3%" or whatever.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top