JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I mostly want it for seasonal change data but also because the accuracy is something like +/-.1 degree, which is much better then the other digital readout gauges I've seen.

I have it in the middle of my wineador but will add one so I have one at top and one on the bottom plus add one to my desktop humidor that I mostly load up with cigars I plan to smoke over the next 2 months.
I've got three SensorPush modules in my Staebell cabinet, they are really cool. Only thing I'd recommend is salt test the hygrometers when you get them, just to be sure. My SensorPush units were off just a bit, but with the app on the phone they are easy to set up accurately. After having them for a while, I can't imagine monitoring your cigar storage any other way.

In case anyone is interested I noticed that Holts has a 10 cigar sampler for $15 here. But I noticed they have $7.99 shipping so it may not work out unless you are planning on buying other stuff there I dunno.

I hate paying these high shipping charges for low quantities. Field supplies has free shipping on anything, and many of the bigger stores have free shipping if above a certain amount or for certain sales.

Please note regarding the recommendation for mild samplers in above posts, this is not a mild cigar only sampler.
View attachment 658574
Just FYI I checked this morning and you can buy additional of these samplers but only 1 per order. You have to clear your internet cache or be in incognito/private browsing to be able to put it in your cart if you have ordered it before.

Still the issue is $8 for shipping unless you buy something that is on sale which includes free shipping (such as a $8 travel mug, or $7 cutter, or sale cigars).

Q on the 5 Vegas 'a'. Are they all the same cigar (other than maduro of course)? Such as apocalypse archetype etc. do the different names for the a series indicate just a different size or are they different blends?

thompson has one kind on sale for $1.67 shipped after codes but I can't tell if it's the same blend as the other names or not.
View attachment 665085

For some reason they don't use conventional names for sizes like robusto or Churchill.

The weird names are all the same blend just different sizes.

Tried a Punch 5.2x50 today. Good short smoke but not sure I'd buy a box of 50 for $194.

Was nice to add another to my list of tried cigars though.

FC9CB303-9748-4320-B99C-1549B3C0ED93.jpeg

Tried a Punch 5.2x50 today. Good short smoke but not sure I'd buy a box of 50 for $194.

Was nice to add another to my list of tried cigars though.

View attachment 665179
Was that one really full bodied? I had 1 punch like 15 years ago and it was so strong I never tried another. But that's nothing against the cigar, just my preference for mild to medium bodied.

Was that one really full bodied? I had 1 punch like 15 years ago and it was so strong I never tried another. But that's nothing against the cigar, just my preference for mild to medium bodied.

I like strong sticks so I may be biased but it started out medium and ramped up a little bit at the end.

It was very smooth though with no harshness to it. A little bit of white pepper towards the middle but not overpowering at all.

I'd say go for it and set it down if it hits you. Grab something with sugar and that should help it out.

Did anyone ever listen to the "Cigar Dave" radio show? I used to listen to this back in the late 90's and just did a google search and see his is still around. He used to say "long ashes to ya" and the whole show would be about cigars and the "pleasure police" trying to take away our freedoms and the good things in life. Quite entertaining show back then. No idea what it's like now.

Did anyone ever listen to the "Cigar Dave" radio show? I used to listen to this back in the late 90's and just did a google search and see his is still around. He used to say "long ashes to ya" and the whole show would be about cigars and the "pleasure police" trying to take away our freedoms and the good things in life. Quite entertaining show back then. No idea what it's like now.

I used to catch it every week but dont have that much time in the car on Saturdays anymore.

Conservative politics, cigars and drink.... whats not to like

Bahia Maduro Last night.

I actually think it's a decent bundle stick. Not even in my top 20 but an even better bargain when they go on sale and no remorse if it has to end early.

This one had a much tighter draw then the last few I've had so I tried that V cut (since it was already straight cut) and it went from tight to perfect imo.

D91B1903-C8E1-48D7-A300-8880DF92BD10.jpeg

Anyone like or smoke Candela wrapped cigars?

Ive been thinking that's on my to do list so I'm on the hunt for a small sampler or 3-5 pack of them just to see if it's a novelty or something I might actually want a box of someday.

Ive been thinking that's on my to do list so I'm on the hunt for a small sampler or 3-5 pack of them just to see if it's a novelty or something I might actually want a box of someday.
Ive got some Rocky Patel ITC Emeralds...

Trade ya 1:1 for something of comparable quality

Have never tried. I'm guessing they r super mild in terms of wrapper? Fwiw One thing I'm noticing as I look at that flavor wheel is that the wrapper does consistently give one of the flavors. Fe Connecticut shade almost always is woody and dry flavor. I tried 4 different Connecticut shades one after another -not same day- (macanudo cafe, Davidoff 3x3 tubo, cohiba connecticut, macanudo insp. Orange) and they always had one of the woody flavors, always dry, and sometimes one of the nutty flavors in it too. I think that is why my favorites seem to be a maduro wrapper in a mild to
Medium bodied cigar. Maduro wrapper seems to be more sweet.

Right now I'm focusing on "families" of cigars just for fun. I watched that long Davidoff video posted about and that got me curious about what do they do with all the substandard tobacco they don't use for the premium davidoffs. So I'm trying all the less expensive ones in the Davidoff family tree just for fun.

So far I've tried the Davidoff 3x3 tubos which are cheap (about 1/6 price of normal Davidoff) and have a single "the griffins" on the way. The griffins (about 1/4 the price of normal Davidoff) is made by Davidoff apparently at the same place. Also they have a Davidoff private reserve that is roughly 1/4 the price of a normal Davidoff but I've only found those in boxes so far and I only want to try a single so let me know if anyone stumbles across singles of those (they have a simple red label that says private reserve and aren't $20 each like regular davidoffs).

another one I've been curious about but unrelated to Davidoff is padron. I have a single of that in the way also thanks to those Thompson gift cards.

I'm also curious about AVO. Not sure where it lies in the family tree. Davidoff also owns Camacho but that seems to be just a financial relationship not under the direction of that old fart/genius in the Davidoff video. Let me know if you guys have tried any of the above brands Cuz I'm curious about them and have never tried. But most of those r on the mild side so may not fit the more popular bold profile of what people have been trying.

Tried a partagas cifuentes today. Kind of like seeing an old friend after a long time. Tastes very similar to the last partagas I had which was 15+ years ago.

First third (1/3) smooth, medium body, bit of spice (not pepper) on the tongue. Earthy and musty flavor. On the lower side for aroma. Lots of smoke, perfect draw.

I would say I like this just slightly less than torano exodus 50 year only due to aroma is less but so glad it has not changed in all this time. 8.7 rating for me. Partagas brand is one I would like to explore more in future. Mild to medium nicotine wise. Also FYI I finally figured out that "Enero", "diceimbre", etc are names they use for size of the cigar and doesn't mean anything in terms of blend. I wish these cigar companies would just use the standard size names, makes it more confusing.

And for what it cost at Thompson with that crazy sale I wish i had bought 3 more bundles. I think this would be super attractive to a mild and especially medium body preference person but probably less so to full body preference. Medium body all the way through.

Really impressed with burn on this. Lots of smoke but very slow burn. Burn wise probably the best cigar I've had. Seems like u could go back to it in 10 min and still would be burning (did not try that of course). I think this might be a 1 3/4 or 2 hr cigar we'll see. Well made that's 4 sure.
3D1D828C-F1E6-4075-BC14-7803C6D52A4B.jpeg

Last Edited:
A note on lighters. Was trying to decide whether to toss a cheap Ronson torch lighter and learned a few things to help torch lighters.
1) use good quality butane with fewer impurities. Local shop here sells made in England high quality stuff for $4/can w 4 nozzles
2) buy butane refill that has multiple nozzles included. Better seal and helps keep air from getting in
3) spray out lighter nozzle with compressed air every once in a long while.
4) purge air out of lighter and use a good filling method such as the one pasted below that I found on internet.

These things made the ronson work reliably so I'll keep it to use for other things like propane torch etc.
3A8C55BA-D09E-4C3E-993F-D5B84622836F.png
76D71B8A-65BF-4F65-820F-708FEDCE1824.png

Bahia Maduro Last night.

I actually think it's a decent bundle stick. Not even in my top 20 but an even better bargain when they go on sale and no remorse if it has to end early.

This one had a much tighter draw then the last few I've had so I tried that V cut (since it was already straight cut) and it went from tight to perfect imo.

View attachment 666183
I love V-cuts.

Tried a rocky Patel short run limited edition ("epic" size) today. This is a pretty inexpensive cigar that's well worth the $ imo. I saw them on sale at holts for $2.20 each and thought I better try one I had already in a sampler. This is better than most $6 (online price I mean) cigars imo.

medium-full body. Kind of unusual combo: smooth and definitely not bitter at all like a milder cigar. But also bold, deep chocolatey aroma/flavors and some black pepper like a more full-bodied cigar. Really interesting and pleasant combo. Burn, draw, and construction are excellent. This one is well worth trying imo. Not too strong for mild-medium lovers, not too mild for full bodied lovers. I would probably give it a 9.2 out of ten. If you can't stand any pepper at all in a cigar then I would avoid but pepper is only maybe level 4 out of 10 I would say. Enough to be interesting and does linger but not enough to be annoying (for my taste anyway, and I dislike high pepper cigars). If u like only really mild Connecticut shade cigars I would probably avoid this one.

Also FYI if u buy from holts you can add this 10 cigar sampler for $15. Those are mostly all established quality brands in that sampler so great value IMO (although punch, upmann, and nub are very short).

rocky Patel short run next 2 pics:
07796315-7B7D-4870-A31D-BC12AFC3BEE0.jpeg
6E3B1D03-E60D-47AF-9CD1-607063398F5E.jpeg

10 for $15 sampler shown below. Note that if u add any free shipping item then whole order ships for free. Most sale items like that rocky bundle above ("apex" size only) have free shipping. Note that if u have ordered this sampler before u need to clear your browser cache or order in private/incognito mode to be able to put in ur cart.

E8CE3A9C-EC26-4FD1-9A95-BB52687CA2E8.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews