JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A note on shipping for that holts sampler FYI. I added a bundle of other cigars and it give me a free shipping option.

So apparently there is some way to make it give free shipping (but I don't know what it is cuz I was nowhere near their $150 minimum for free shipping). Might be worth experimenting putting some other things in the cart like a sale item or freebie item maybe that is what does it? They also included a free ashtray and hat for some reason but I don't remember seeing those on the bundle page.

I know Cigars International has certain bundles that have "free shipping for your whole order" if you add them. Not sure on Cigarbid, but maybe something similar.

Cigars international and cigars.com both have daily deals that include free shipping on your whole order.

Ive added a daily deal just to offset the $8 for shipping and end up with a 5 or 10 pack for half off what it's already heavily discounted for.

Cigars international and cigars.com both have daily deals that include free shipping on your whole order.

Ive added a daily deal just to offset the $8 for shipping and end up with a 5 or 10 pack for half off what it's already heavily discounted for.
Right, that's what I was thinking a person might try for that $15 sampler at Holts. If there was a cheap sale item that has free shipping or a sale item u want that has free shipping, then that takes out the shipping charge (in theory anyway, maybe that's what happened with my order without me knowing it?).

Holts has free shipping on most all of there various sales from what I can tell. U could put a sale item in ur cart and go to checkout (without adding any info) and see if the free shipping option is available at the bottom. If the free shipping doesn't show up, then that means whatever else u put in the cart didn't work to get free shipping. If it worked then free shipping will be shown as an option at the bottom.

I would test it but it says "u have reached your limit for this offer" for the 10 for $15 sampler and won't let me put it in my cart.

edit: I went to incognito mode on my browser and loaded the sampler in my cart and then added a sale item that has free shipping. It does work. So apparently the trick to get free shipping would be to find a sale item that u actually want, or a sale item less than $8.
749087C9-D554-49BA-AB1B-906756AFBACA.jpeg
edit2: not much in the less than $8 sale category for this weeks specials anyway. I noticed a few random items:
82AE3B47-7151-4D25-8123-38DF4878FC96.jpeg
C7D9B98D-D54B-4C40-8BBC-38B31573C570.jpeg
80E9844A-454D-48EF-A36A-D77BCFEEF950.jpeg

Last Edited:
In case anyone is interested I noticed that Holts has a 10 cigar sampler for $15 here. But I noticed they have $7.99 shipping so it may not work out unless you are planning on buying other stuff there I dunno.

I hate paying these high shipping charges for low quantities. Field supplies has free shipping on anything, and many of the bigger stores have free shipping if above a certain amount or for certain sales.

Please note regarding the recommendation for mild samplers in above posts, this is not a mild cigar only sampler.
View attachment 658574

Good call on that sampler:cool:.

I found a bundle of RP's Maduro in their free shipping sale I added to it to get the free shipping.

Lots of stuff in there I've wanted to try but didn't want to pay for a box so it was a great deal for me:D

Good call on that sampler:cool:.

I found a bundle of RP's Maduro in their free shipping sale I added to it to get the free shipping.

Lots of stuff in there I've wanted to try but didn't want to pay for a box so it was a great deal for me:D
Yea for known quality brands it's a great buy Imo. I have no clue about the Cain one, and the nub I would never try otherwise so I'm looking forward to trying some new ones.

I used to love h upmann back in the day but I understand they have been sold and may not be the same as they were. Haven't had one of those for like 15 years. For a mild and very refined cigar they were excellent but dunno if they still r though.

Rocky Patel Sun Grown

Excellent burn and draw.
Put out a lot of smoke.
Little bit of a harsh, peppery flavor...
Smelled like a Swisher Sweet though.

I didnt like it, but had a cold coming on so that might have messed things up.

Ive got a few more to try later

20200209_115608.jpg

Browsing for deals I found some cigars international deals (roundup posted below FYI).

Cigars International, WTF? I guess they just keep their old sale prices as an active page but the "add to cart" price can be completely different. Have never shopped there before. I guess some of these are old sales but might come back again for fathers day or presidents day etc. so maybe keep the links and check back on a holiday?

(A) $10 for 8 cigars, seems to be still active:

(B) current price is $40 for 10 cigars (great lineup of cigars IMO) plus humidor, looks like it was previously $30, looks like a 25-30 count humidor not 50 based on the photo:

(C) $20 for 10 cigars plus humidor, must be an old sale cuz now says $159!

(D) Previously 5 cigars for $5, now says $32!

Last Edited:
This is probably a real long shot but has anyone ever used either of these hygrometers? They r designed to replace the front mounted cheapo analog ones. The xikar one is non adjustable which I don't like. I don't know if the other one is adjustable or not yet. let me know any experiences if u have please. Thanks!
4F44F69F-52E2-4CC4-82C5-840DB838E213.jpeg
268F1881-54F8-4D86-B626-C3C5764A9C69.jpeg

No experience with those.

Brian from cigar obsession uses these and says they are adjustable and accurate.

I have it in my save for later box on amazon and plan the replace the cheap one in my wineador.

D2E50797-F38F-4B77-BE23-1D3DB1EF1526.png

No experience with those.

Brian from cigar obsession uses these and says they are adjustable and accurate.

I have it in my save for later box on amazon and plan the replace the cheap one in my wineador.

View attachment 659630
Cool thanks! I'll have to look at YouTube for a review. Found a cheap used humidor on CL but like all the analog hygrometers I've ever seen or used, of course it doesn't work. It actually came with a little digital one inside the box one but it reads 11% low. But I only paid $20 for everything so I can't complain at all. I need more storage. A20E7170-C787-4C23-991F-323D9342B25F.jpeg
6C3C747D-7345-485E-9B86-3AECFE9972D9.jpeg

Rocky Patel
Olde World Reserve Corojo

I really didnt like this to start out... But 10min in it came together pretty good.

Nice even burn, smooth draw... Flavor smoothed out midway

Definitely worth a try

20200212_152528.jpg

Rocky Patel
Olde World Reserve Corojo

I really didnt like this to start out... But 10min in it came together pretty good.

Nice even burn, smooth draw... Flavor smoothed out midway

Definitely worth a try

View attachment 659635
Your going to be like the regional rocky Patel expert with all these u r smoking! :p I ordered some type of rocky Patel sampler that may have some u haven't tried if you want to trade for some other cigars. Can't remember the name, something like red carpet bundle or something like that supposed to arrive next week. Seems like this brand has the most variety of any brand. Good marketing I suppose but makes it fun to try new ones too.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top