JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Humidor is staying steady at 73%.

Looks like the analog hygrometer on the front is off but I saw it has an adjustment screw. Even still I'm going to keep the digital one I have in there with the min/max levels to keep an eye on things.

I soaked and then wrung out a new sponge in distilled water and set it on a plastic ring to keep it from coming in contact with any of the wood.

Does anyone have favorites for smaller cigars? I don't always have a good hour plus to sit and enjoy a smoke so having some smaller options would be nice for busy days during the week.

Also, I'm keeping an eye on those daily deals at Cigars.com with the free shipping. I looked at some of the other websites and my issue right now is seeing affordable (inexpensive lol) boxes and then adding 25-40% after taxes and shipping.

I've been searching around cuz 20 years ago I was smoking a brand that had Caballero in the name but can't quite remember the full name and do not have the boxes anymore. Is that a designation of the type of cigar or other generic marker?

Thanks!
For a smaller, quicker smoke many choose the robusto size. They are are 50 ring gauge, just way shorter in length. Most brands offer it in their line up. There's also a lot of funky little one off sizes out there these days too but they tend to be more expensive and in the boutique category. Corona or petit corona's are also quick smokes, but they are much thinner in size. But for the right occasion they can be perfect.
Stop by a local cigar shop and see what the options are.

Edit: Also, there is no rule that says you can't put a cigar down part way through. They can be re-lit. Now some cigars will taste like an ashtray when you light them again, some won't. I have found that the harsh flavor is generally brief and in most cases the cigar will turn out to finish quite nicely. I know there will be naysayers regarding this but I'm not a purist by any stretch. A smoke is a smoke is a smoke. Life's too short for cigar snobbery.

Last Edited:
Good weekday smoke.

I like the black label for a deeper flavor better but this one was smooth and light making it a bit easier to clean up and de stink for the wife lol.

Thanks to @cigars for turning me onto them;):s0115:

image.jpg

E40109AD-DA18-4DCC-B634-09D5D2017F1F.jpeg

Do any of y'all have to de stink yourselves for work or a spouse etc?

Any tricks?

I wash my hands, brush my teeth, add a spritz of cologne and use a very fragrant lavender hand lotion. It mostly helps.

I like the smell of tobacco on the hands but the wife is not fond of my oder when I walk in from being outside with a cigar.

Was less of an issue when it was a once a year or so thing but at a couple a week it has started to be more offensive to her very sensitive sniffer.

Thanks!

Any tricks?

I wash my hands, brush my teeth, add a spritz of cologne and use a very fragrant lavender hand lotion. It mostly helps.

I like the smell of tobacco on the hands but the wife is not fond of my oder when I walk in from being outside with a cigar.

Was less of an issue when it was a once a year or so thing but at a couple a week it has started to be more offensive to her very sensitive sniffer.

Thanks!

Whiskey!!! Whiskey always dilutes the power of cigar smoke and makes her think you are a drunk instead!! :D

Any tricks?

Thanks!
Ugh lavender... You're losing creds man! (haha) Try some Fast Orange shop hand cleaner. It's amazing stuff, smells great.
You could always wear some leather gloves or mechanics latex type gloves like you would find at NAPA. Those would offer the best dexterity. Maybe use some chopsticks? Also, keep a dedicated jacket outside to wear only while you smoke. Find something funky at the Goodwill or ebay and have fun with it. Make it part of the smoking ritual. I found a great old zip up Carhartt hoodie on ebay that I keep in the garage just for smoking. To keep the smell off totally is tough and you have to take extreme measures. Depends how far you want to take it.

Ugh lavender... You're losing creds man! (haha) Try some Fast Orange shop hand cleaner. It's amazing stuff, smells great.

I got a purple skull for an avatar, what were you expecting lol :rolleyes: :p It was the strongest hand stuff the wife had so I used it but the orange stuff is a great idea - I'll see how the Gojo works. Honestly I really like the tobacco smell;). I only hold the cigar with my left hand and I just can't wrap my head around smoking with a glove on :s0140:. As winter hits I'll probably use one of my coats just for smoking - I have more then a few anyway.

Thanks for the advice:)

So I have been waiting and watching the daily/weekly deals with the free shipping and finally saw some stuff that I really wanted to try.

I like to give business to local shops but there isn't a decent one around me other then Paul's at Jansen and I hate the bridge so the online thing was the way to go.

I hit a weekly deal then found codes online for free shipping, a free sampler and a discounted sampler of some really expensive sticks - they all looked pretty good and should last me awhile. The total came to about about $1.60 each and almost all have msrp's in the $11-14 range.

Shipping is something like 10 days so I'll be waiting a bit for them but I'll post some pics when I finally get them so y'all can tell me if I got suckered or scored lol and what to hoard for a special occasion if any of them (since a lot are singles and I won't have a second one to save if it's a great smoke).

Here is the list since I am impatient :D

-PDR 1878 Natural
-Micallef Gomez Sanchez Experienca la Crema
-John Bull
-Bahia Maduro No.2
-Torano Noventa Santiago
-Gurkha Legend Connecticut
-Bahia Blu
-Gurkha Warpig
-5 Vegas Series "A"
-HC Series Maduro
-Mark Twain
-Arganese Habano
-Bahia Maduro
-Villazon Natural
-CAO Columbia
-Gurkha Sherpa Orange
-Hoyo Excalibur
-Macanudo Cafe
-Sancho Panza Triple Añejo

Some of these show outrageous regular prices but I got all of them for an average of $1.60 each. Dunno if that's great or just slightly better then average having just got back into it.

One of my samples got here in time for a Friday afternoon smoke. Gotta say this one hit it out of the park for me.

63B77123-700F-4C72-B9E4-38DEA9CBFAFF.jpeg
Micallef Gomez Sanchez
Experienca la Crema
Natural Churchill

B92571D4-E13D-4F1E-8034-873E45A8325B.jpeg
7"x52
Excellent Stick!!!
Nice cold draw, amazing smell.

A little sweetness right off the start (which persisted throughout its life) with a little pepper (which became a very distant background), creamy coffee, some cedar as well. That's all my budding palette could glean but it was tasty

Great draw and even burn the whole time, a favorite smoke so far. Total smoke time was 2 hours even.

32F03D7E-74BD-4E20-AB8F-1BC4DF080CFD.jpeg

Bottled water actually pairs very well with this stick. Almost accentuates the sweetness and gave the water a velvety feel in the mouth . I also only drank one bottle (vs my regular multiple) as the smoke never got harsh or bitter on me.

26A9BDC5-AAC2-4A89-9660-DF9763C5C8E6.jpeg

If I ever see these on a great sale in the future I might actually try and get a box/pack of these. At it's regular $275 for 25 it's not a luxury I could do regularly but for less then a buck an hour I'd say It was money well spent this time around:s0155:..

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top