JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not that I, benchrest, could possibly ever be responsible for the early demise of a chrono - Simply unfathomable! Even my forum handle reeks of precision, accuracy...

Ok, it must reek of something else, because I've shot two in the past year...

Step 1: Secure Digital Link to ProChrono.

digital-link1.jpg

Small Bluetooth device that plugs into the chrono's data port

digital-link2.jpg

Step 2: Replace metal screen rods with wooden dowels.

chrono-dowels.jpg

Perfect fit, 63 cents each at HD. I bought plenty of extras :D

chrono-dowels2.jpg

Step 3: Load free software on tablet. The functionality is actually pretty cool - Name strings, keep notes, export in CSV format, etc...

digital-link-tablet.jpg

Step 4: Buy some bricks :D

bricks.jpg

I'll build a plywood box for the bricks and make the front about 4 1/2" thick.

Pistol only of course - I'll test it, but imagine it'll suffice for (up to) hot 10mm.

Step 5: Learn to shoot accurately :)

Man, I can see myself doing the same dang thing.. time and time again.
I like your style though.. what's that little electronic doodad attached to the chrony.. a locator/proximity device?

In order to protect the chrono I have to block the screen - not gonna get up to look at every result :D

The black box connects to the data port and transmits via bluetooth to the tablet - The tablet function can be as simple as a remote display, or more complex, tracking strings with relevant load data, calculating FTlbs, ES, SD, and exporting it all to a spreadsheet.

Another tool in my quest to reinvent the wheel :)

I just discovered this today, anyone ever try one of these babies?

What little I've read has been positive - very accurate units. Of course they're only applicable to rifles.

I shall hold out for a Labradar, and it will be positioned besides me, and i will not shoot it :D

I've used a Chrony since they first came out. Replaced the cardboard guides several times, but haven't shot it. Still works fine. Shoot, write down the velocity, shoot, write again. No memory.

Last year I bought a CED Millennium 2
It has memory for 1000+ shots, the brain sits safely on the bench. Kill a bullet sensor, replace it. It averages, reports spread, comes with a bunch of software I've yet to try.:D

As I take the minutiae of this hobby to the absurd... I'm looking forward to utilizing the included software to it's fullest.

Start a string, enter the details, and enjoy shooting - print a spreadsheet when I get home and pour over the numbers whenever.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top