Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

The Chip Monk Family Survival Podcast (by one of the NWF forum members)

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by whatzhizname, Aug 2, 2010.

1. whatzhizname

whatzhizname Southern Oregon and occasionally PDX Member

Not sure if you guys are familiar with The Survival Podcast with Jack Spirko, but today yours truly did a guest host spot on the subject of Survival Firearms if anyone is interested in downloading and listening to it: Guest Host Chip Monk on Survival Firearms on The Survival Podcast | The Survival Podcast . It's a somewhat long episode at an hour and 40 minutes but I cover quite a bit of ground in terms of firearms as tools for Survival/Preparedness.

I also just recently (as in the past few days) started the Chip Monk Family Survival Podcast. It can be found here: The Chip Monk Family Survival Podcast
    I have ten episodes up so far on the following topics:
    1. Introduction to the Chip Monk Family Survival Podcast (The Chip Monk Family Survival Podcast » Episode 1-Introduction to the Chip Monk Family Survival Podcast)
    2. Prepping with a Family (The Chip Monk Family Survival Podcast » Episode 2-Prepping with a Family)
    3. Survival Fiction (The Chip Monk Family Survival Podcast » Episode 3-Using Survival Fiction as a Motivator)
    4. Using Checklists for Survival/Preparedness (The Chip Monk Family Survival Podcast » Episode 4-Checklist for Survival
    5. Mini-Podcast on Lever Action Firearms for Survival (The Chip Monk Family Survival Podcast » MINI-EPISODE 1-Lever Actions Rifles for Survival)
    6. Survival Sanitation (The Chip Monk Family Survival Podcast » MINI-EPISODE 2-Survival Sanitation)
    7. Building a Wikiup for Emergency Shelter (The Chip Monk Family Survival Podcast » MINI-EPISODE 3-Building a Wikiup for Emergency Shelter)
    8. Alternative Ways of Making Bread on the Stovetop (The Chip Monk Family Survival Podcast » MINI-EPISODE 4-Alternative Ways of Making Bread On the Stovetop)
    9. The SKS Carbine-A Survival Bargain (The Chip Monk Family Survival Podcast » MINI-EPISODE 5-The SKS Carbine-A Survival Bargain)
    10. Survival for Urban Dwellers (The Chip Monk Family Survival Podcast » MINI-EPISODE 6-Urban Survivalism)
    I also have put up a couple of the episodes on YouTube: YouTube - ChipMonkFSP's Channel

Check them out if you get a chance! :)

2. smurf hunter

smurf hunter Auburn, WA Active Member

I'm a regular listener and will play this on my commute home tonight.

3. whatzhizname

4. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

Certainly some interesting looking topics. Any chance of getting it on ITunes? I can't seem to get it downloaded from the links you posted...

5. Decker

Decker My house Active Member

Wow, this is fantastic. Thank you for putting your time and effort into this.

-d

6. smurf hunter

I manually got it into iTunes. Copy the URL and in iTunes "Advanced" -> "subscribe to podcast" and paste into the text box.

7. whatzhizname

I would LOVE to get it into iTunes, but I'm kind of new to all this. If anyone has any ideas how to do it let me know, and at the same time I'll try to figure it out myself.
    Regardless, thanks a bunch for listening guys! :)

8. whatzhizname

Okay, I've been working on how to get my podcast into iTunes. I think I did it correctly although it'll take a few hours for everything to be done on their end from what it looks like.
    There is a button on my site here for Subscribing via iTunes in the meanwhile: itpc://chipmonk.podbean.com/feed
    Anyway, hopefully I'll have it up and running in iTunes for anyone who's interested today.
    Thanks! :)

9. simpleguy

simpleguy Clackamas Active Member

Love listening to Jack's podcast.

10. whatzhizname

Yeah. Jack's a cool guy who really cares about the community he has built. If anyone hasn't checked out The Survival Podcast yet, they're really missing an awesome program that covers all aspects of Survivalism and Preparedness. :)

The Survival Podcast

11. whatzhizname

12. Scrammer

Scrammer SW Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Thanks for the heads up.

13. dario541

dario541 medford, or 97504 Member

Hey, whatzhizname (did your mother really name you that???), I wish I could hear your blogs, but I have this Model T computer (Windows 98) on Pony Express dial-up and I just can't seem to get it to work. I hope to be able to get a computer that is at least 20th Century one of these days, so save me a place! And, good luck on your venture.

14. whatzhizname

Maybe this podcast host could send you a CD with the .mp3 files for you to check out. :)

15. smurf hunter

@ChipMonK - You are really cranking out the episodes. I realize some are "mini", but still a ton of content.

Also, what's the best way to send you feedback, or questions regarding your podcasts?
    Thanks

16. whatzhizname

Yeah, I did about 20 in one week so that I could create a backlog of episodes to have to start with. I can't stand when I come across a podcast I really like and the person has abandoned it after about 7 episodes or so. I'm in this for the long haul and as I get better at the skillset required for it, the episode content and delivery will improve as well. Now that it's up and running, I plan to do about 5 episodes a week in a daily format so that it's a bit more manageable.
    As far as feedback or ideas for show topics, you can email me at chipmonksurvivalpodcast AT gmail DOT com. I'd love to get feedback and try to keep making it better, as well as covering topics people are interested in. This is really an attempt to try to help others, so I'm endeavoring to make it as "helpful" as possible.
    Thanks a bunch for listening, Smurf Hunter, and good luck hunting those Smurfs! :)

17. dario541

Hey, whatzhizname, I have been able to get some of you material. Thanks for caring and all the hard work.

18. sbryson21

sbryson21 Nampa, ID Member

This sounds like my kind of station, will definately be downloading these podcasts from itunes onto my phone for my daily commute!

19. whatzhizname

Thanks a lot for checking them out, guys. I'm heading towards 1,000 subscribers (should hit that number sometime this week) and for a podcast that's only been around for two weeks that tells me that people are indeed interested in Survival and Preparedness issues. With everything that's happening in the world today, I suppose that makes sense. ;)
    Thanks again for listening!

20. dario541

I'm happy for you! Keep up the good work.