JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It seems like a good idea, but it's not really being used, because you have people hours apart posting messages. Which of course is not what a chat is all about.

May I suggest some schedule that would channel folks into a given time slot they could plan for? Maybe announce an hour on "best carry pistol," or on "best affordable 1911" or "current 2A issues" or "Glock -- pro and con" or something like that?

Good Idea.

I'll be on later today hit and miss from 5-8pm, to answer any questions about 1911's.

Been an armorer on them for over 20 years, did warranty repair for Colt firearms thru a few shops around the northwest years ago, and have since opened my own shop.

I am not brand loyal, but like the old Snap-on Tool saying;

I'd rather explain the price of quality, than apologize for something less.

Dang, can't be there. One thing I'd like to hear about from a 1911 guy like yourself is about the internals of a Taurus PT 1911. The people who own them seem to like them a lot, and gunsmiths get hives about the internals. Not being a gunsmith, I've never understood what that was about. It'd be great to get your expertise on that. Forum discussions tend to just degenerate into arguments of true believers for and against.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews