Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

The Chat Function

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by CEF1959, Sep 4, 2009.

1. CEF1959

CEF1959 Willamette Valley, Oregon New Member

It seems like a good idea, but it's not really being used, because you have people hours apart posting messages. Which of course is not what a chat is all about.

May I suggest some schedule that would channel folks into a given time slot they could plan for? Maybe announce an hour on "best carry pistol," or on "best affordable 1911" or "current 2A issues" or "Glock -- pro and con" or something like that?

2. wichaka

wichaka Wa State Well-Known Member

Good Idea.

I'll be on later today hit and miss from 5-8pm, to answer any questions about 1911's.

Been an armorer on them for over 20 years, did warranty repair for Colt firearms thru a few shops around the northwest years ago, and have since opened my own shop.

I am not brand loyal, but like the old Snap-on Tool saying;

I'd rather explain the price of quality, than apologize for something less.

3. CEF1959

CEF1959 Willamette Valley, Oregon New Member

Dang, can't be there. One thing I'd like to hear about from a 1911 guy like yourself is about the internals of a Taurus PT 1911. The people who own them seem to like them a lot, and gunsmiths get hives about the internals. Not being a gunsmith, I've never understood what that was about. It'd be great to get your expertise on that. Forum discussions tend to just degenerate into arguments of true believers for and against.

4. roguebowhunter

roguebowhunter medford Member

didn't realize there was a chat function .. will have to start checking to see if anyone is there .... Don

5. wichaka

wichaka Wa State Well-Known Member

will be on chat the next few nights from 5-8pm

6. WhyteCheddar

WhyteCheddar East of Moscow by the Willamette Well-Known Member

I think it will catch on in time.
    I like that it's there. Havent used it much but probably will eventually.