JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've found these handy and reasonably priced. Contains 28-grams of protein per can, the hot sauce isn't bad, and requires no tool to open.

Sardinas.jpg

Tuna casserole......
Yeah.....it brings back memories to me of........

puke-throwup.gif

Though nowadays......IF, I hold my breath. I might/can succeed at eating it.

Aloha, Mark

Simple enchiladas.

Canned chicken or beef.
Can of enchilada sauce.
Instant mashed taters.
Shredded cheese.
Tortillas.

Mix half enchilada sauce with canned meat.
Prepare instant taters.

Spread taters on tortilla, add meat mix, sprinkle cheese. Roll.

Pour remaining sauce on top, sprinkle some extra cheese on top.

Bake at 350 until cheese starts to crust.

My favorite tuna salad recipe:
4 (5 ounce) cans tuna packed in water drained
1 cup mayonnaise or less to taste
1/3 cup celery finely chopped (about 1 rib)
2 tablespoons red onion minced, about 2 small slices
2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
2 tablespoon dill pickle juice (from the jar)
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons dijon mustard (optional)
1 clove garlic minced
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

I like to whip this up and mix with diced tomatoes and cucumbers. If you want more liquidity, increase the amount of pickle juice. Also works well in a tuna melt, though I prefer the melt version to be without dijon.

Tuna casserole is great.

Turn on oven to 375 degrees.
In a large pot, melt a 5 inch block of Velveeta cheese add 3 cans tuna (NOT albacore) and 3 cans mushroom soup with 1/2 can of milk. and 1 can sweet peas, drained. While you are cooking that mixture, boil 1 bag of egg noodles.
When cooked to your taste, drain the noodles and put back into the pot you boiled them in.
When cheese/soup/tuna mix is melted together at a very gentle boil. dump into the pot of noodles and mix thoroughly
(You can add shredded cheddar if you really like it cheesy)

Pour the noodles etc into a suitable sized baking pan, sprinkle bread crumbs and shredded cheese on top and cook in the oven for 30-40 minutes . Look in on it after 30 minutes . A crispy but not burnt top is what you're looking for.
When done, remove from oven and let it sit for 5 minutes then plate it and enjoy!

Tuna casserole is great.

Turn on oven to 375 degrees.
In a large pot, melt a 5 inch block of Velveeta cheese add 3 cans tuna (NOT albacore) and 3 cans mushroom soup with 1/2 can of milk. and 1 can sweet peas, drained. While you are cooking that mixture, boil 1 bag of egg noodles.
When cooked to your taste, drain the noodles and put back into the pot you boiled them in.
When cheese/soup/tuna mix is melted together at a very gentle boil. dump into the pot of noodles and mix thoroughly
(You can add shredded cheddar if you really like it cheesy)

Pour the noodles etc into a suitable sized baking pan, sprinkle bread crumbs and shredded cheese on top and cook in the oven for 30-40 minutes . Look in on it after 30 minutes . A crispy but not burnt top is what you're looking for.
When done, remove from oven and let it sit for 5 minutes then plate it and enjoy!
Heck with bread crumbs. Lighly crushed potato chips! :s0155:

Some sliced red and/or green bell peppers are nice too.

1705267566704.png
Found this a quick and easy lunch:

• Piece of rye bread or cracker.
  • Herring fillets.
  • Hose down with Cholula chili garlic sauce.
18-grams of protein, 0 sugar in the fish. :)

Back in my Army days....
I used to bring canned smoked clams or oysters , along with rice to supplement or use as replacement for MRE's or C-Rats.
Boil up the rice...add the clams / oysters... juice and all ..dab a little Tabasco or Soy Sauce...or even both...
Simple and easy to do in the field or during a combat deployment.
Andy

If you have access to an electric kettle, you can dress up spicy instant noodle bowl by tossing in your favorite tinned or packeted seafood.
Make sure to bring your battle-proof bottle of sriracha.
No boiler, no problem. Barter for crackers, and then mix the noodle seasoning packet into the tuna...
ui_lunch.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top