JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It is so often people/posters post of abc plastic styles. O the joy and perhaps God bless their gob. whatever. A two pound even hunk a Moses might just do you. never know now

BHPs are beautiful but a Glock, S@WM@P or SVD or an XD is about $200.00 + cheaper than A BHP and I don't know in the newer BHPSs are made with MIM parts.

I feels the love. I remember a very long time ago, when I was stupider, I paid $80 each for a couple extra Browning branded magazines.. it was either the SF Gun Exchange or Traders in San Leandro. they would sure rip ya
Oh, and who doesn't love a Nomad?

Does this help:

Browning Hi Power - Cylinder & Slide custom (trigger, hammer, sear, safety, and low profile adjustable sights) in 9mm

photo4_zpscddbe6c3.jpg photo1_zpsef023652.jpg

I feels the love. I remember a very long time ago, when I was stupider, I paid $80 each for a couple extra Browning branded magazines.. it was either the SF Gun Exchange or Traders in San Leandro. they would sure rip ya
Oh, and who doesn't love a Nomad?
I remember those places SF gun exchange was pricey. Traders would have great sale prices . Thanks for stirring the memories. How bout Markels on I think it was Juda St. ???

I hear you. I've been on this site for a fair bit and since here, never saw a thread (though with a search, I'm sure they exist) and hardly ever a peep about the Hi-Power. Thought I'd fix that.
The only Hi-Power I've ever had that I didn't like was an Inglis with those tangent sights (and shoulder stock cut-out). I just hated those sights though of course you could pretty much hit with it with your eyes closed. Got rid of it a long time ago.

A BHP was the first semi-auto pistol I ever shot and always wanted one - but it seems like I always end up with something else so maybe I'll have to start looking - but It may be a while. I will accept nothing but a true, Belgium made one and probably made not later than the 80's. The new Portuguese assembled ones are horrible in my opinion.

Once you get your Belgian beauty, and I concur, get some sort of thrasher also, FEG, whatever, to... thrash/put tens of thousands of rounds downrange with.
If they hadn't a stopped making them in Belgium, I'd not say this.

NOW - someone please tell me how bad I screwed up. A couple years ago I was at our local 'LaPine Gun and Knife Show' (hey its a $4 donation to the Senior Center) but I found a BHP clone marked 'Charles Daley'. While familiar with that name I never knew they made BHPs (or even if they did and just put their name on it) regardless it was SS and a beautiful example for a clone. I believe the asking price was $490.00. I should have bought it right?

Those are actually very good. The price, especially then may have not been a bad price but probably high. It's essentially a FEG but finished/assembled by either Dan Wesson and I forget who else. They are good shooters, especially if it's the normal Hi-Power clone and not the "S&W" style but I don't think CD "made" any of those.

There used to be a super site on all FEG's but now I think it's like 99 cents for a printout or something. Here's this, another site though..

Charles Daly Hi Power | Gunner's Journal

I got a CD finished by Dan Wesson for $495 a little over a year ago.. the thing is, it was/is in perfect shape, had about zero rounds through it, came with the box, factory installed XS sights, papers, three magazines and a Crimson Trace grip laser (those can retail for like $300 if memory serves). I carry and thrash that one.
I wouldn't pass on a good/well priced CD Hi-Power.

Oh edit.. did you say stainless steel? Interesting. I don't know about that but if it was indeed SS, I'd a bought it and ran.

JMB's last pistol design, an evolution of the 1911, better ergomonics half as many parts. a truly great pistol. As far as weight goes, lets talk to your doctor about how many extra pounds you carry without being armed, does it really matter if your gun is a few ounces heavier or not?

I say SS because I do remember it was NOT blue and just assumed it was SS. I remember the CD logo appeared to be laser engraved on the slide. Could this have been just a polished and finished steel model? I had never seen one before so I was somewhat interested at the time - but apparently not enough as I don't own it!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top