JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
German-made Hi-Power of mine:

Scan10646.JPG Scan10647.JPG

Vintage commercial Belgian-made HP. Other than a couple scratches, it seems to be in great condition. The magazine disconnect is still in place; call me weird, but I don't mind the relatively heavy SA pull...

BHP2016-11-22 14-40-48_0006.jpg

I remember those places SF gun exchange was pricey. Traders would have great sale prices . Thanks for stirring the memories. How bout Markels on I think it was Juda St. ???

you must close to my age to remember Markels on Juda Ave. used to purchase their .38 special wadcutter reloads. if you brought back your fired .38 cases you would get a discount on your next 50 reloads. shot alot at Coyote point gun range. wonder if it's still there. oh man that takes me back.

this pistol the Tanfoglio TA-90 is almost a clone of the BHP. the only thing i don't like about it is that the safety is on the slide instead
of the frame. but other than that it shoot's real good and like the BHP it is a high cap mag design. and again all steel gun. only plastic on this pistol are the grips. and in my opinnon a underated pistol.
Rick 20180617_141419.jpg

this pistol the Tanfoglio TA-90 is almost a clone of the BHP. the only thing i don't like about it is that the safety is on the slide instead
of the frame. but other than that it shoot's real good and like the BHP it is a high cap mag design. and again all steel gun. only plastic on this pistol are the grips. and in my opinnon a underated pistol.
RickView attachment 470309
That does look alot like a b h p .. the good thing about underated pistols is the price .

Does B H P mags work in it ?

That' a CZ clone, not a single part is interchangeable with the BHP.

yes but if you look closely at the frame inards, the CZ copied the BHP and Tanfoglio copied the CZ. disasembly of the frame inards is the same as the BHP. even the design of the sear spring and other parts used which amazed me when i took this pistol apart. can you use BHP parts in the CZ i doubt it as the parts may look the same but are more than likely a different size in measurement. there's a guy on youtube mosin virus who has a video of taking the BHP compleatly apart and that's when i noticed that the trigger and sear spring looked alot like the TA-90 and dissasembly was the same as the BHP. the one of difference's was that the BHP has a frame mounted safety and the TA-90 has a slide mounted safety which suck's as i shoot handguns left handed and it is hard to work the safety lever with the left hand. i know there was a ambi safety made for the TA-90 but when i contacted Tanfoglio i was told they had none and did not know where i could obtain one. so i will have to fabricate one on my mill. i have to thank mosin virus for that video as the instruction manuals that Tanfoglio have on their website do not show how to dissasemble the TA-90 down to the bare frame.
Rick

yes but if you look closely at the frame inards, the CZ copied the BHP and Tanfoglio copied the CZ. disasembly of the frame inards is the same as the BHP. even the design of the sear spring and other parts used which amazed me when i took this pistol apart. can you use BHP parts in the CZ i doubt it as the parts may look the same but are more than likely a different size in measurement. there's a guy on youtube mosin virus who has a video of taking the BHP compleatly apart and that's when i noticed that the trigger and sear spring looked alot like the TA-90 and dissasembly was the same as the BHP. the one of difference's was that the BHP has a frame mounted safety and the TA-90 has a slide mounted safety which suck's as i shoot handguns left handed and it is hard to work the safety lever with the left hand. i know there was a ambi safety made for the TA-90 but when i contacted Tanfoglio i was told they had none and did not know where i could obtain one. so i will have to fabricate one on my mill. i have to thank mosin virus for that video as the instruction manuals that Tanfoglio have on their website do not show how to dissasemble the TA-90 down to the bare frame.
Rick

I respectfully disagree with you Rick :)

I own 41 handguns, I do my own gunsmithing, my collection includes a BHP, 3 BHP clones meaning that all parts are interchangeable with the "real" BHP and a good number of CZ's. Just because 2 guns share some design elements I wouldn't call them clones. The BHP shares some features with the 1911, with that logic the BHP is a 1911 clone :) I'd say that the CZ is the continuation of the design of BHP as the BHP is to the 1911. I think experts would refer to your Tanfoglio as a BHP style gun and use the word CZ clone loosely.

Some time ago I had a BTA-90 that I picked up at the local pawn shop for cheap. I couldn't get rid of it quickly enough :) Parts were hard to find (even grips) and are not interchangeable with any CZ models. If you want ambi safety you should just get a real CZ. There is tons of aftermarket and factory support out there.

I took this photo for giggles some time ago, no the Star pistols are not 1911 clones even though they look like one. Hollywood uses them as 1911 substitutes in movies because the Star fires blanks better (Pulp Fiction is a good example)

DSC_4955.JPG

I took this photo for giggles some time ago, no the Star pistols are not 1911 clones even though they look like one. Hollywood uses them as 1911 substitutes in movies because the Star fires blanks better (Pulp Fiction is a good example)

View attachment 470361

Nice line up of pistols. I used to have a Star Modelo A in 9×23㎜ Largo, but sold it off when we had a little one on the way.

no need to buy a real CZ i will just fabricate a safety lever on my mill. i retired from the film industry after 27 years in the business and worked alot with prop masters on alot of these shoot um up features and for the semi auto pistols to be able to fire blanks the real barrels were replaced by whoever they rented the weapons from usually ISS with a restricted barrel with a small hole in it so that when you fire the weapon you would get a muzzle flash but the restricted barrel was used to mainly to get the actions to cycle. you can fire blanks out of a semi auto with a real barrel but it will never cycle the action. also the blanks came in 1/4 1/2 or full loads. so i don't know why the star would shoot blanks better than a modified 1911. i did not work on pulp fiction and to be honest i have never watched the movie. in fact i haven't watched most of the featured movies that i have worked on or even any of the TV series that i worked on. but i guess i will have to make an effort to do so. the day that i retired from the film industry was the best day of my life. i was finally able to get away from those anti-gunners, the new Hollywood is now Atlanta Georgia.

no need to buy a real CZ i will just fabricate a safety lever on my mill. i retired from the film industry after 27 years in the business and worked alot with prop masters on alot of these shoot um up features and for the semi auto pistols to be able to fire blanks the real barrels were replaced by whoever they rented the weapons from usually ISS with a restricted barrel with a small hole in it so that when you fire the weapon you would get a muzzle flash but the restricted barrel was used to mainly to get the actions to cycle. you can fire blanks out of a semi auto with a real barrel but it will never cycle the action. also the blanks came in 1/4 1/2 or full loads. so i don't know why the star would shoot blanks better than a modified 1911. i did not work on pulp fiction and to be honest i have never watched the movie. in fact i haven't watched most of the featured movies that i have worked on or even any of the TV series that i worked on. but i guess i will have to make an effort to do so. the day that i retired from the film industry was the best day of my life. i was finally able to get away from those anti-gun american hating liberals. the new Hollywood is now Atlanta Georgia.

Pulp Fiction Star pistol:

Pulp-star5.jpg