JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With over a million produced since 1934, doubtful. I read somewhere that Glock has made well over 10 times that many.
Yea I hear ya but then that article says "adopted by dozens of countries around the world" and while likely "true", I thought it was more like a round 100 or so.
But anyway, I'd not queefknot my panties too hard thinking it'll go the way of the closeted for each and every decade of its existence Colt Python.

Man, BHP prices are going to get even more absurd now. They've been getting higher and higher all along. So, if you want to have one...

- Buy a new one?
- Buy a Nighthawk custom?
- Buy a slightly used one?
- Buy a real classic Series T?
- Browning? FN? Hungarian clone?

Man, BHP prices are going to get even more absurd now. They've been getting higher and higher all along. So, if you want to have one...

- Buy a new one?
- Buy a Nighthawk custom?
- Buy a slightly used one?
- Buy a real classic Series T?
- Browning? FN? Hungarian clone?
They've always been "absurd". Honestly, I think they've gotten much more reasonable, all things considered, in the last decade or so, after a fashion.
It's not like it's a flavor of the week type gun so you pays the price, as always, and bees happy from the gitgo.
it's the definitional anti beta-user gun

They've always been "absurd". Honestly, I think they've gotten much more reasonable, all things considered, in the last decade or so, after a fashion.
It's not like it's a flavor of the week type gun so you pays the price, as always, and bees happy from the gitgo.
it's the definitional anti beta-user gun

I became really interested in HP (and clones) just in the last year or two, and it seems like the BHPs I used to see for $400-600 on GB are all racing up weekly toward $1000 - and a lot more if they have unique roll marks, original ring hammers, matching numbers, shiny bore, nice bluing vs coating, decent wood, custom shop offerings, etc. I've learned a lot more about them in the past few months, so maybe I just have better taste now.

There's the matter, too, of getting a nice old Belgian one (with who knows how many thousands of rounds down the pipe?) vs a newer daily shooter with a much lower round count. Or maybe not.

I became really interested in HP (and clones) just in the last year or two, and it seems like the BHPs I used to see for $400-600 on GB are all racing up weekly toward $1000 - and a lot more if they have unique roll marks, original ring hammers, matching numbers, shiny bore, nice bluing vs coating, decent wood, custom shop offerings, etc. I've learned a lot more about them in the past few months, so maybe I just have better taste now.

There's the matter, too, of getting a nice old Belgian one (with who knows how many thousands of rounds down the pipe?) vs a newer daily shooter with a much lower round count. Or maybe not.
Yea, a T series Belgian is a proper gun, ideally with the beer can target rear, lol.. my favorite squirrel and other stuff gun.

A plastic 1911? I could see it. eventually.....

Or maybe a glass and aluminum one to match their phone. :rolleyes:

Already out there - EAA and American Tactical are just two that I know of that make a 1911 with a polymer lower.

Here's the EAA gun:

witness.jpg

Glock vs. Hi-Power...
If I ever need to throw one of my guns under a rock or in the muck and come back years later, it would be my Glock. On the other hand, my son will inherit my Belgium made Hi-Powers.

I think what would be great is for all you guys to tell the stories of using the gun when we get a thread like this. I love the BHP and took it out alot shooting it. I carried it hunting in a military holster made for the 1911 that slings across the body and hooks to the belt. We were hunting deer in Eastern Oregon and crossed a river, my brother and I. Out crawls a big rattle snake and I took its head right off the first shot with the BHP. Great guns.

I think what would be great is for all you guys to tell the stories of using the gun when we get a thread like this. I love the BHP and took it out alot shooting it. I carried it hunting in a military holster made for the 1911 that slings across the body and hooks to the belt. We were hunting deer in Eastern Oregon and crossed a river, my brother and I. Out crawls a big rattle snake and I took its head right off the first shot with the BHP. Great guns.

A Glock 43 work good for that to.

Last Edited:
A Hi-power has soul, a Glock doesn't need one, I like a little soul.

While there's no denying the almighty Glock is a jack of all trades it'll never be an heirloom gun, it'll never feel like an all steel gun, it has no meaningful history IMO, it will never have the collector value of a BHP. It's good to have choices. Glocks are fine but they'll never be great, again IMO. Don't get me wrong I'll shoot your Glock all day with a smile and even hit what I'm aiming at but I'm not going to put one in my safe :)