JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I like to keep good tabs on our friends at The Brady Bunch. I found their take on the DISCLOSE act interesting.

Democrats to Give Outrageous Exemption to NRA on Campaign Finance Reform

A proposed amendment to the DISCLOSE Act would turn campaign finance reform on its head.

It would exempt one of the wealthiest and most powerful special interest lobbies in Washington: the National Rifle Association.

The DISCLOSE Act, H.R. 5175, sponsored by Chris Van Hollen (D-MD), would require corporations, labor unions and non-profits that spend more than $10,000 or more in one year on campaign-related activities to disclose names of donors who give $600 or more in one year.

The amendment would exempt organizations that have more than one million members, have been in existence for ten years, have members in all fifty states and raise fifteen percent or less from corporations.

However, the NRA is one of the few, if not only, organizations that would qualify under these specific provisions.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi should not allow the NRA to play by a different set of rules than the rest of us. It's blatantly undemocratic and unfair.

Waaaa! :s0058:

Unfair? Hahahahaha

The brady bunch is complaining that something is unfair? Pot, meet kettle, kettle meet pot.

Yeah, I thought that was pretty rich too. No matter what you think about the NRA's position on the DISCLOSE act, I say anyting that gets the Brady Bunch's panties in a wad is a good thing. :D

It would exempt one of the wealthiest and most powerful special interest lobbies in Washington: the National Rifle Association.

4 to 5 million members, just think what they could do with 60 or 70 MILLION!!

If only the gun owners would quit arguing among themselves and back the organization that carries the most clout!!

By that logic, we should all just register and vote democrat...

Ignore their message, tactics, and hypocrisy, just join the group with the biggest clout!

:s0154:

+1. I'm joining the radical Islamic group. There are more of them than there are adults in the US. I like being on the side of power. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top