JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes I did read it I am just hoping EVERYONE that reads this thread and thinks its OK to do something like this KNOWS that IT is NOT. And it is THOSE types that give us ALL a bad wrap and add proof to the pudding that were all a bunch of trigger happy rednecks or something

Have to agree with Mark W. on this one!

You really should reconsider your approach to this matter. Although it makes a great song in the real world (atleast in modern times, may have flown in the "old days") but "cleaning your gun" when the BF comes over is a bad idea. For 3 main reasons
1st (as previously mentioned) It will most likely backfire on you when the BF gets interested in your guns. 2nd (like Mark W said) The will rebel! Just do the opposite. And 3rd and must important it could very easily be considered "brandishing" (and rightfully so) (WA res need to worry bout this not sure bout OR res tho) But showing your guns ESPECIALLY while TRYING to look INTIMIDATING is Brandishing! So when the wrong boy gets scared (or just wants to get you out the way) he goes running home to mommy and daddy next thing you know your front door is getting kicked and and your house gets turned upside down and bye bye guns! (And how you gonna protect your daughter from behind bars?)

There are much more logical and EFFECTIVE ways to handle the situation. Like a wise man once said "The pen is more powerful then a sword" (obviously they didnt have guns back then lol) but point is use your brain not your collection of prized firearms to deter "undisirables" best bet is reverse Pyschology (as mentioned) Although every case may be different I would personally try to be encouraging and keep her busy in other activities (that shes intrested in of course!) and hope she never has time to get in the wrong situation.

GOOD LUCK!

**Also if/when you figure this out PLEASE write a book for the rest of us. Although I am currently on the flipside of this, my day will come when I am in this same ageless situation.

What are they going to charge you with??? Brandishing your cleaning rod LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was actually cleaning a shotgun when my oldest daughter walked in the house with the 1st boyfriend she ever let come to the house. He actually jumped when I cycled the pump!!!

My wife said I had actually become a cliché.

Raise your daughter by always being involved, always know her friends, bring them into your life with her and do things with them as a group and she will wind up having a boyfriend(s) who are just like you. My daughter came to live with me at age ten and she just turned 18. She always had great friends and many times I had to accommodate a living room floor full of teenage girls for the night and take them to the lake the next day. (I just hung out in my shop until they were asleep before coming back in the house) Many of her friends were of divorced situations and dad was out of the picture so I was kind of a surrogate dad for a few of them. I always put her first above everything and while her independence is somewhat to my chagrin she is doing well because I am now reaping what I have sowed. With regard to her boyfriends they (all two) have been great. The last (who had to move with family due to dad's job) was great. Helped me build a deck, loved to split wood and had grown up in a hunting/shooting/outdoors family. The current is from a little bit different style of family but is also really great and wants to learn to shoot and we plan on getting together soon to do so. Not all teen girls go for the typical 'bad boy' - As a dad be the bad boy THEY never want. Don't be a milquetoast father - be a strong presence in your daughter's life and it will pay off later - It has for me.

I took my daughter's BF out shooting and showed him skillz he could never hope to master. It didn't matter.

The Vagina is more powerful than any amount of fear you could ever hope to muster. It's only you're daughter's good sense that will save the day.

Give it up guys. Some day your daughter is going to give it up. You have precious little to say about it. Your only influence will be on her picking a decent guy.

We have about 14 years to go before we start worrying about dating, but anybody that hurt this child would lose body parts...

AerynAug2012.jpg

OMG, that's funny.

But if you are old enough to be a Nam vet, your daughter should be old enough for me to date. (jab jab)

Reminds me of this that had been around for years.

Ten Rules for Dating My Daughter:

Rule One:

If you pull into my driveway and honk you’d better be delivering a package, because you’re sure not picking anything up.

Rule Two:

You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off of my daughter’s body, I will remove them.

Rule Three:

I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys of your age to wear their trousers so loosely that they appear to be falling off their hips. Please don’t take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are complete idiots. Still, I want to be fair and open minded about this issue, so I propose this compromise: You may come to the door with your underwear showing and your pants ten sizes too big, and I will not object. However, In order to ensure that your clothes do not, in fact, come off during the course of your date with my daughter, I will take my electric nail gun and fasten your trousers securely in place to your waist.

Rule Four:

I’m sure you’ve been told that in today’s world, sex without utilizing a “barrier method” of some kind can kill you. Let me elaborate: when it comes to sex, I am the barrier, and I will kill you.

Rule Five:

In order for us to get to know each other, we should talk about sports, politics, and other issues of the day. Please do not do this. The only information I require from you is an indication of when you expect to have my daughter safely back at my house, and the only word I need from you on this subject is “early”

Rule Six:

I have no doubt you are a popular fellow, with many opportunities to date other girls. This is fine with me as long as it is okay with my daughter. Otherwise, once you have gone out with my little girl, you will continue to date no one but her until she is finished with you. If you make her cry, I will make you cry.

Rule Seven:

As you stand in my front hallway, waiting for my daughter to appear, and more than an hour goes by, do not sigh and fidget. If you want to be on time for the movie, you should not be dating. My daughter is putting on her makeup, a process that can take longer than painting the Golden Gate Bridge. Instead of just standing there, why don’t you do something useful, like changing the oil in my car?

Rule Eight:

The following places are not appropriate for a date with my daughter:

- Places where there are beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden stool.

- Places where there are no parents, policemen, or nuns within eyesight.

- Places where there is darkness.

- Places where there is dancing, holding hands, or happiness.

- Places where the ambient temperature is warm enough to induce my daughter to wear shorts, tank tops, midriff T-shirts, or anything other than overalls, a sweater, and a goose down parka zipped up to her throat.

- Movies with a strong romantic or sexual theme are to be avoided; movies which feature chainsaws are okay.

- Hockey games are okay.

- Old folks homes are better.

Rule Nine:

Do not lie to me. I may appear to be a potbellied, balding, middle-aged, dimwitted has-been. But on issues relating to my daughter, I am the all-knowing, merciless god of your universe. If I ask you where you are going and with whom, you have one chance to tell me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you God. I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres behind the house. Do not trifle with me.

Rule Ten:

Be afraid. Be very afraid. It takes very little for me to mistake the sound of your car in the driveway for a chopper coming in over a rice paddy outside of Hanoi. When my Agent Orange starts acting up, the voices in my head frequently tell me to clean the guns as I wait for you to bring my daughter home. As soon as you pull into the driveway you should exit your car with both hands in plain sight. Speak the perimeter password, announce in a clear voice that you have brought my daughter home safely and early, then return to your car-there is no need for you to come inside. The camouflaged face at the window is mine.

I must have missed the rules post earlier.
There are no rules and especially rules from some dad the boy doesn't know.
As Mark was saying,the rule is Punnany rules and that's all they listen to.
Well the small head too.
Once he's out of your sight,he forgot everything you said.And that gun is just a blur.
If your girl is hot,the conversation goes like this.
"Sorry about my dad"
"Who?" as he looks deeply into her
SHIRT

It is what it is. I was there and fooled every father I met.
Then my son took over in my place.

In some jurisdictions showing a firearm to generate fear is deemed 'Brandishing'. Do you suppose the BF could bring charges against a father in this sort of situation, if he got pissed off at the father ?

In some jurisdictions showing a firearm to generate fear is deemed 'Brandishing'. Do you suppose the BF could bring charges against a father in this sort of situation, if he got pissed off at the father ?

But you're not "showing" a firearm. You're simply cleaning your firearm in the privacy of your own house...

Follow up by saying, treat her well and to remember.. anything he does to her.. you'll do to him. :)
I'd probably make him incredibly uncomfortable.. standing behind him while he was sitting down, perhaps my hands on his shoulders, or talking way too close with too much eye contact.

Or perhaps have a room with plastic sheeting and a table of knives sitting in the middle of the room like Dexter. Say you've ran out of inspiration over the years and you're looking for a new muse. Then slowly look up at him and give a nice smile as you caress one of your knives.

saw a great window emblem on a pickup truck the other day it had a chevy emblem and inside it it had D.A.D.D. then by it it said dad's against daughters dating gotta love it

None of these scare tactics will have the least effect. The influence of the gun in his pants is MUCH stronger than any fear from the gun in your hand.

As a teenager more than a couple of fathers tried the old "flash a shotgun" trick and none of their daughter's virtue was intact for long.

That being said......

31614ed.jpg

Hence the name slimer, eh? :s0114:

I'd just invite the young buck with me into my work area. See, I'm not a wood worker, metal fabber, any of that, though I'd love to learn.

I do know, however, and work on... meat. Animal meat. I have a wall of meat hooks in my basement, knives, cleaning supplies, coolers, saws, hatchet, torches, salts. Great for curing meats, and I'm not sure about anyone else, a gun isn't half as intimidating as a frickin' meat hook.

WA does not have the word "brandishing" in it's laws...Ours goes "display of a weapon with the intent to intimidate" (RCW 9.41.270(1)) However, RCW 9.41.270(3)(a) says.."this does not apply to someone in his abode or fixed place of business"

In states where using firearms for self defense or just firearms in general are legal,this wouldn't be worried about.
Well except Seattle and Portland.
I'm sorry about making fun with the strict unlawful,anti 2A gun laws of your state.;)

If you look at the WA laws,they do have an exemption for this in the home
It's inhere some place (too lazy right now)
Chapter 9.41 RCW: FIREARMS AND DANGEROUS WEAPONS

I dated a Danish girl for a while.

She told me about the first serious boyfriend she had when she was 15 or 16. Her dad had him come over for dinner. He then Invited him into the kitchen where he was slicing sausages into small rounds. She said her dad stared right at him while cutting the meat..

She told me she was home early for the next couple of months till the guy got over his fear.

Not a gun, but apparently effective.

I like a nice 18.5 inch pump action 12 guage. Whatever make and model will do. Having a pistol grip is nice as it shows you intend to use it in close quarters. Every time your daughter starts to introduce the boy or he tries to speak just pump the rifle...unloaded of course and pretend to be cleaning it. When he speaks pump it again. After a few times lay the shotty on your lap in his general direction and ask his name tell him your daughters curfew and how much you hate people who are not punctual..pump it one last time and say under your breath loud enough to hear "I really really hate when people are late..pause...it makes me want to go crazy". Then say I will see you back here no later than whatever your curfew is but be sure to say his call him a different name than he just introduced himself as after just asking his name. If he corrects you pump again and say "excuse me".

Thats my idea of how to get your point across. Though your daughter may not speak to you for a few days.

Ok please understand this is for us fathers to dream about doing. If you really behave that way your wife and daughter just may hate you for a long while.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top